• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Conceal Carry Holster for Glock 19

TravisP

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2011
Missouri
I am wanting a conceal holster for a Glock 19. I am right handed and like to carry center in the small of my back. I want to be able to reach back with my right hand and grab the pistol by the grip. So I want the mag well facing to the right. I carry like this now with a sleeve type holster with a belt clip. It works but want one specific for my pistol. I have looked at, only on the internet, the galco king tuk. I would purchase the left hand model so the pistol would be facing the way I want. I have looked at similar models to the king tuk but have read great reviews on this and it is more affordable, I dont carry everyday as well. What are everyone's thoughts? Thanks.

Re: Conceal Carry Holster for Glock 19

For what it's worth, are you sure you want small of back carry? Think it through carefully, because stories abound of people who have severely injured their backs by falling and hitting the concealed weapon and jamming it into vertebrae, doing serious damage.

Yeah I have thought about that. I do not carry conceal very often. I am lucky enough to live close to a small town in middle america that is extremely gun friendly. I simply dont worry about carrying all the time. I tend to only carry conceal when I go to the city. I have a gun in my vehicle concealed all the time, that is legal where I live. I will take the risk. Its hard to read how people's attitude is when reading an e-mail and I am in no way meaning to be a smart a-- but feel like I have a much better chance of getting hurt doing almost anything else other than falling on my pistol and hurting my back while carrying concealed. I like the small of the back because i feel like I can conceal better there and it is more comfortable to me. i do not carry conceal when I drive. When I get to where I am going, I get out and put my pistol in the sleeve holster in the small of my back. I can carry conceal easier in the summer time in the small of back.

I have a Galco for my XDm 45 compact and my full size 1911. Both very comfortable. Mine is right where my hand has to pass to get to my wallet (think "give me your wallet" and what they are going to get).

Probably a dumb question but do you have your ccw? I'm not trying to be an ass or a smart ass but the way I read it (reading text from someone is way different then hearing them say it) seems like you are implying that since you live in a gun friendly town, you may not have your ccw.

Like I said, I am not trying to be a smart ass or anything dumb, just looking for clarification.

I've posted in another thread about IWB holsters, but I absolutely love my Whitehat maxtuck holster. It has more leather dispersed from the pistol than most others which in turn disperses the pressure of the whole setup. It's extremely comfortable and I carry a G23 every single day and don't even notice it.

Durable horse hide and comfy design/dispersion makes for a great small of the back holster. Great prices too.

Yes I have my CCW. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. When I mean gun friendly town, that is what I mean. Everyone has them, carries them, and shoots them. I see people everyday exercising their right to open carry, even more so since all the talk of more gun control. The folks that give concealed carry class are busy as well as the gun shops. I will not and cannot carry conceal everyday. When I carry conceal it is when I am with my family or when we travel to a larger town/city. I know things can and will happen anywhere. I carried the other day when we went shopping to a larger town/city and carried all day in my current cheap sleeve type holster with belt clip. Didnt bother me. Just dont feel like the pistol is retained very well with this setup and I also had to readjust all the time. It did work though. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

DM Bullard leather out of Texas makes a small of the back holster. There are tons of very good holster makers out there these days but his are top notch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I have my CCW. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. When I mean gun friendly town, that is what I mean. Everyone has them, carries them, and shoots them. I see people everyday exercising their right to open carry, even more so since all the talk of more gun control. The folks that give concealed carry class are busy as well as the gun shops. I will not and cannot carry conceal everyday. When I carry conceal it is when I am with my family or when we travel to a larger town/city. I know things can and will happen anywhere. I carried the other day when we went shopping to a larger town/city and carried all day in my current cheap sleeve type holster with belt clip. Didnt bother me. Just dont feel like the pistol is retained very well with this setup and I also had to readjust all the time. It did work though. Thanks again for all the suggestions. </div></div>

I am a supervisor at a steel shop which means that I am walking and moving and climbing on machines all day and my galco has never let go. 2 to 3 time a week I go for a run when I get home and the jogging pants i use have belt loops so my gun goes with me. After 9 months of wearing it damn near every day, I have not had a single problem or even a slight issue.

BTW, thanks for not taking offense to my CCW question.

R6Hybridd, which model of Galco do you have? I will probably end getting 2 of whatever holster I decide on. I have glock 19,26 and a compact xdm 40 and full size xdm 40. I would have a holster which I could carry whichever pistol I choose. I find myself carrying the 19 and 26 more than the xdm 40's. Lighter weight and they both have night sights on them, so if I am out after dark I can see the sights. Love living in rural america but there arent any good pistol smiths around to have some night sights put on my xdm's. I had a guy put on a set on my xdm 45 last year and he totally jacked things up. No offense taken on your reply? Legit question.

I won't recomend a SOB holster to you as it is about the most dangerous carry option one could attempt. Just because it looked cool in Hollywood it DOESN'T work in the real world . They will get you killed most quickly. Try a Milt Sparks Summer Special or Kramer. Both run at about the 4:00 position or can possible be worn as a crossdraw rig. Both of these will give you all day comfort and excellent CCW coverage.

Not big on sob carry but if u want to try strong side kidney, i highly recommend the crossbreed super tuck. I carry a g19 in one all the time. Easy to conceal and very comfortable

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">R6Hybridd, which model of Galco do you have? I will probably end getting 2 of whatever holster I decide on. I have glock 19,26 and a compact xdm 40 and full size xdm 40. I would have a holster which I could carry whichever pistol I choose. I find myself carrying the 19 and 26 more than the xdm 40's. Lighter weight and they both have night sights on them, so if I am out after dark I can see the sights. Love living in rural america but there arent any good pistol smiths around to have some night sights put on my xdm's. I had a guy put on a set on my xdm 45 last year and he totally jacked things up. No offense taken on your reply? Legit question. </div></div>

Mine is a IWB holster. Has 2 adjustable clips, you can adjust them up and down independently to adjust the angle and height of the gun. Plus the clips are made so you can tuck in a shirt over the gun. I will take pictures later when I get home. I believe the one xdm holster will hold all sizes but don't quote me on that.

This is the very reason i ask questions on here, to get honest feedback. I have read all the posts on here to my question and doing other research, i am not going to carry in the sob position. Could be to dangerous in the heat of the moment to get the pistol out from that position. I have ordered a galco iwb holster. Right handed king tuck. I will experiment to see where i like it but will settle between the 3 and 5 position. Thanks again for your input. Most valuable.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Galco IWB. I've had mine for 7 years now and wear it everyday I'm off duty. No complaints. After sweating around it during the first summer the leather formed perfect around my G27. Lol. Comfortable and durable. I honestly would've never guessed an open top holster like that would be that safe, but I've worn it doing just about everything washing truck, working on cars, hiking, hunting, etc and never had an issue with the Glock working its way out. If you give it a try, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

boomer@#$ said:
Consider AIWB. Get a Dale Fricke Arch Angel from OST. [/quote
]

This. Moving to aiwb was the best move I've made. Easiest to conceal and most comfortable. I drove 19 hours to AZ and didn't think twice about it. You have to have the archangel though. Nothing else I've seen comes close. Perfect balance of security, comfort, concealibility.

Thanks for all the replies. Have already ordered a king tuck for my glock. However, still needing another holster for an xdm compact 40. Will keep surfing the net. Thanks to all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am right handed and like to carry center in the small of my back. I want to be able to reach back with my right hand and grab the pistol by the grip. So I want the mag well facing to the right. I carry like this now with a sleeve type holster with a belt clip. It works but want one specific for my pistol... What are everyone's thoughts?</div></div>The Magnum PI TV show called: They want their carry method back.
wink.gif

Take a reputable pistol course. Learn how to carry a gun. Then buy a holster.

Thats funny. You dont know the first thing about me or how much experience i have or not have with firearms. It is comfortable for me to carry in the small of my back. That does not mean i do not know how to handle firearms. Remember the words, comfortable to me. If all you can do is jump to conclusions about someone you know nothing about or their experience, dont respond. If you have advice for a holster, i will take it. If you have read all the responses, including mine, you would see that i have found a holster. For your info. I assure you i have tons of experience with all kinds of weapons. I am a U.S. Army active duty combat veteran. 20 plus years as a certified instructor in rifle , pistol, shotgun, home firearm safety, and personal protection. I am a trained gunsmith. I know what i am doing. I wouldnt suggest to anyone to carry in sob unless they are experienced. I feel that i can conceal the pistol better in sob, but have decided not to do that. I do appreciate input. Not a fan of the magnum pi comment and what i should do according to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats funny. You dont know the first thing about me or how much experience i have or not have with firearms... If all you can do is jump to conclusions about someone you know nothing about or their experience, dont respond.</div></div>I was not commenting about your value as a person. And I was not jumping to conclusions: I was directly responding to your post based on the first thing it taught me about how much experience you have. And now I have learned a second thing: That although you ask for advice you also get upset when you don't like the answer.

For offending you, I apologize; but for my post, I don't.

BTW - I liked Magnum PI; and some of the most experienced people I know carry without a holster.

I have a Minotaur that I bought used for my G19 that I carry at 4:00. I like it it a lot. If I were buying new, I'd go Crossbreed. I have their Mini-tuck for my Shield that I really love.

+1 for white hat. and they have a 2 week try it period. the whole thing that i find about CC is you need to buy/change your clothes. unless you run kind of gansta now. if you wear IWB you need to change your pant size up two inches. and probably the way you wear your shirt and the colors to a dark color. then you need to retrain yourself on the whole draw thing.

Tons of ideas. Thanks to everyone. I got my king tuck in the mail today for the glocks. Think it will work great for my intended purpose. I do like the looks of that alamo tactical. Will check them out. Still looking for an xdm compact/full size holster. Thanks again for all the ideas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tons of ideas. Thanks to everyone. I got my king tuck in the mail today for the glocks. Think it will work great for my intended purpose. I do like the looks of that alamo tactical. Will check them out. Still looking for an xdm compact/full size holster. Thanks again for all the ideas. </div></div>

best part about the alamo holster is that it's like 12 bucks. it isn't the most comfortable, but i like it

Thanks for the pictures of your alamo holster. I had never heard of them. I checked them out and think i will order a couple of them. One for glock and one for xdm. Look like they would be fine for quick trip town or someplace i know i wont be wearing for extended amount of time. You cant beat the price. I like the king tuck. Wore it around the house tonight and hardly know its there. Feel like i could where it all day with no problems. Thanks.

I have heard that it is never good to carry a pistol the way you described, with the magazine facing out. When you draw, you have to turn the pistol in order to get it facing forward. When you do this it will be pointing directly at the back of your leg. In a stressful situation (such as the reason you are carrying in the first place) you might touch it off prematurely and blow your right calf off. This may be the reason a pistol with the carry you want is hard to find. Just sayin'

A friend of mine and I both bought the Galco king tuck. Both for EDC, both for full size 1911's. The kydex on mine cracked at the top front edge after 30 days. The other one cracked in the same location after just over 60 days. Neither of us is over weight or particularly hard on EDC gear. Just food for thought.
Another minimalist option is the VanGuard from Raven Concealment. Neat little holster, and an unconditional lifetime warrany.

I think the sob carry is the most comfortable to me. However I do understand the issues that could make this dangerous. I have received the king tuck and am in the process of breaking it in as I type this. I think I like it in the 4-5 position the best. Going to have to get some different shirts to wear. Looser fitting. I have a job where I cant carry while at work, so its not like I will carry all the time, very little to be honest. I hope the king tuck will hold up better than some of your guys. Thanks for all the input.

OH MY GOD MAGNUM! ZEUS! APOLLO! AWW.. C'mon Higgy Baby..

Good joke bad taste. I would like to add that you should be sure to get a quality belt for your rig. That way the holster stays in place, and not on the pistol when you present the gun. How I know this is NOT important. I have 3 belts from A&G custom leather and I can't believe I went so long with out a belt of this quality. Good luck and good shooting!

Doug