• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Concealed carry pistol

Re: Concealed carry pistol

There are so many factors to consider before delving into the world of concealed carry. First of all, I would recommend that you think about why you are carrying a gun in the first place. And if you answer like me, it is to defend innocent life, whether yours, your family's or just an innocent third party, you are correct. Now, with that in mind, what is it that you want to trust your life to?
To me, that precludes the use pocket guns in what many would consider substandard cartridges and I would look at the 9mm or 38 Special as a starting point.
Next thing that I consider is the reliability of the weapon system used. Glocks have an excellent reputation for reliability but they are not fool proof. Revolvers also have a good reutation for reliability (if well maintained). H&K, Sig, S&W M&P and just about any other pistol from the major players will fit the reliability bill. I personally rely on Glock and recommend them to my students, especially the Glock 19.
It is a simple pistol, reliable and viable as a defensive firearm.
Now you need to figure out what method of carry you will use, inside our outside the waist, fanny pack, man purse, etc and practice ALOT with your carry system. I personally prefer a strongside inside the waistband holster from Milt Sparks and a spare magazine carrier on the support side. I also carry a handheld flashlight behind the spare magazine in a belt pouch.
It took literally years for me to find a system that I was completely satisfied with and I dare say it may take you the same amount of time.
My thoughts on ease of carry is this: I alter my method of dress to suit my carry needs, whatever time of year it is. I find that I can conceal my Glock 23 under a loose T-shirt or untucked button down quite well. I buy clothes to conceal my weapon. To me it is more important to be well armed than to be extremely comfortable.
Once you have established what and how you are going to carry, I recommend that you attend a defensive handgun class from a reputable instructor (Clint Smith, Louis Awerbuck, Randy Cain, etc. Randy is my favorite and arguably, one of the best instructors on the planet))
Once you've done all that, commit to a regular practice routine and stick to it. Ownership doesn't equal proficiency and if you ever have to fight for life against a dedicated opponent, you will appreciate every second of time that you've spent pressing a trigger.

I picked up a belt clip for my Kel-Tec P3AT. You can get them for the left or right side. Great for a pocket or SOB. Light enough that you can even carry with sport shorts and a t-shirt when you run to the store. Have mine on the left side, but thinking about moving it because I have bumped the mag release and partially dumped a mag. Also like my Glock 17 in a BladeTec IWB kydex. Even with shorts and a T-shirt.

I recently bought a lightly used Rohrbaugh 9mm - my cost was $700 which is quite a bit higher than other weapons I considered - I love this gun and it has become my CCW. 6+1 capacity, but will not take the + rounds - still a good gun
and fits my hands well.