• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Concentricity Gauge....

R. Chapman

Private
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2014
Just bought the Sinclair one. I hope it is better than the Hornady one that I had. Anyone have one and what do you think about it as far as accuracy and consistency go?

I've heard great things about the accuracy one gauge. However, it seems like Hornady, while not necessarily top quality, is the only one that can both measure and correct poor concentricity. Why don't any of the other gauges do that? Seems like you're going to end up with non concentric rounds that you won't want to use (or you can reseat, which seems really tedious). Am I missing something here?

All you need is a caliber sized hole in your bench, or similar, if you want to try to "straighten" out of concentric rounds.

"Bending" on a loaded round screws the case grip on the bullet, not a good idea.

Concentricity guages should be considered a diagnostic tool, not a repair tool.

"Bending" on a loaded round screws the case grip on the bullet, not a good idea.

Concentricity guages should be considered a diagnostic tool, not a repair tool.
I found the above to be accurate.

I ended up making my own and it works well.
The accuracy one unit does look good.

That Accuracy One looks like a fine piece of equipment but for that price, I will stick to my Hornady. Just wondering why you don't like the Hornday? I very seldom have to "Fix" any rounds because they are usually in the .002 range or better. If they are .004 or more then I will use the Hornady to reduce the runout. Just for shits and giggles I tested some factory ammo that was sitting in my gun cabinet for runout. The cheap Remington Core-Lokt's was .001 with an occasional .002". The expensive box of Barnes TTSX was .006 onmost of the 20 rounds with a couple of rounds being .008".

That Accuracy One looks like a fine piece of equipment but for that price, I will stick to my Hornady. Just wondering why you don't like the Hornday? I very seldom have to "Fix" any rounds because they are usually in the .002 range or better. If they are .004 or more then I will use the Hornady to reduce the runout. Just for shits and giggles I tested some factory ammo that was sitting in my gun cabinet for runout. The cheap Remington Core-Lokt's was .001 with an occasional .002". The expensive box of Barnes TTSX was .006 onmost of the 20 rounds with a couple of rounds being .008".

I could never measured case necks and such with the Hornady. That was a big negative for me. Don't get me wrong, the Hornady is a great tool but doesn't do what I need it to do.

If you want the best there is get the Accuracy one.
For something more reasonably priced the 21 st century gauge is very good.

The concentricity fixer is more of a gimmick.
To move a seated bullet sideways, will definatly mess with your neck tension, possibly your seating depth, so you might as well make the ammo shoot worse then it would initially.
At the extreme you can probably induce run out in the neck, while fixing the alignment of the bullet.

A bad way of fixing something that better equipment and or technique would solve.

A concentricity gauge is a handy tool for diagnostics, and to find ways to improve your reloading.
If one is looking to check parts of the case the Neco case gauge is the way to go, another handy tool that is available.

Last edited:
I have a hornady one and I never use it, I don't have any real runout and cannot tell any difference when I shoot, even at range.