• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Condor chest rigs

Most of the Condor stuff that I’ve seen has been “affordable “ . If you are looking to save some $, go ahead, but don’t be surprised when the plastic buckles and stuff start breaking. And according to Murphy (who hunts me like a dog) it will happen at the worst possible time.

I own a plate carrier I got on super clearance when I just needed something fast. Fit is rough (material is not form-fitting, while still lacking durability), finish isn’t great, and you’ll end up making lots of modifications/repairs if you’re actually going to use it. If it’s something to keep around “just in case” then give it a shot. It worked for my short term purposes when I bought mine. If you intend to use it, buy a better setup. I now own a better carrier.

This post doubles as a way to tag in to see German’s inevitable meltdown...?

Reactions: ShooterwithNoName
If you need an affordable rig or PC, look at the Blue Force Gear line. I picked up one of their PLATEminus V2 plate carriers on clearance last black Friday for $99. Threw in some Hesco plates, BFG mag pouch, and admin pouch. So far so good. Its lightweight, and has held up now for about a month or so of running/sprinting in it holding 3 AR mags (14lb total including plates). They now have a V3 or 4 model at $149.

Not the most breathable thing, but I do strap it down tight as to not flop around during movement. It is pretty minimalistic as well, which can be good or bad depending on your needs. I plan on upgrading to a more overt/capable carrier at some point.

Also, Condor is not domestically produced, BFG is American made. Buy American when possible.

If your plan entails having something you can put cheap ass AR500 plates in (that weigh as much as a Datsun; but hey, they're just as good!) so that at 3am when you magically have all of that extra time after being woken up from a dead sleep in your socks and underwear to then casually locate and correctly put on your armor carrier - by all means, buy a Condor. Make sure to put a lot of patches on it too; hell I'm pretty sure they send you like 5 with each carrier.

If you actually want to do something with a carrier that consists of more than Instagram pictures in the bathroom mirror and putting it on to mag dump down the hallway while screaming lyrics from Harvestor of Sorrow because you mistook your fridge coming on for a burlger - you need something that will actually have stiching that will stay together, have material that doesn't feel like a brillo pad and a layout/design that wont fit like you tried to build a vest out of a square cardboard box.

The whole Condor thing caught on for 2 reasons; fucking fobbits that had their parents APO them carriers when everyone that wasn't cool was stuck with the fucking IOTV and the airsoft/tacticool faggots in the early/mid 2000s who wanted to look like a Navy Ranger Delta but didn't want to shell out $3-400+ for an Eagle CIRAS or one of the other expensive ass carriers back then prior to more manufacturers making and evolving them. It's like right now, if your only choice was to buy a Crye CAGE or a Condor vest, most who didn't have their life depend on it would join the 'its just as good' crown and circlejerk themselves into oblivion on AR15 after 'running it', which consisted of them going to a private range, being the tard shooting off the bench in a carrier and it not totally falling the fuck apart once. This faggotry is probably what led to the assinine practice of giving reviews of class reviews over at M4C at some point.

Condor is China made borderline airsoft shit. Will it hold a plate? Sure. For how long? What happens when you actually need to use it in a situation where, I don't know, you deem a fucking armor plate necessary? Is that worth saving 50-100$ over?

The stitching is shit. The molle spacing is irregular. The cordura isn't cordura. The layout is a total knockoff of older styles of carriers that doesn't aide in comfort or fitment whatsoever. You start to notice this kind of shit when you start wearing it for hours at a time and the straps dig into your shoulders, the weight distribution is shit and your lower back always aches, the plate height adjustments don't ever seem to get the plate anatomically correct, you constantly find more loose stitching and eventually shit starts wearing down/coming apart quickly from normal activity.

One good thing they are for is to find out the hard way as to what you dont know about wearing a carrier and armor. Because it'll give you a crash course in all of the worst fucking scenerios that you end up on the internet after looking for a solution, every time you have it on for more than 20 minutes.

You also don't need a fucking 500$ carrier as you will run into diminishing returns at some point, and some carriers offer options and modularity you may never need for your use.

Look at anything made by Mayflower/Velocity systems (I personally use the Scarab, but do so as its the most comfortable carrier I've ever worn and I need the zip on panel option), the Crye JPC 2.0 (basically lightweight and idiotproof), London bridge 6094 (can be found during sales for like $100). There are a ton out there.

@clcustom1911

London Bridge Trading often has sales on their 6094 carrier.

Save up the $300 or so dollars and get a made in USA carrier that will last and comes without the Dose of Wuhan Kung Flu.

I've got a LBT 6094 and find it to be comfortable and durable. I bought a Condor pouch once to hold my Raptors when I was working EMS. The holster Leatherman provides for them is just not user friendly. That Condor pouch lasted about six weeks. If their quality can't handle the load of EMS work I think holding a plate and a full ammo load is not gonna happen.

Tons of companies have much better options. I wouldnt recommend Condor anything. Heed the advice in this thread.... save up some money, and find something in the $200+ range. Hell, Ferro Concepts has their Slickster that you can get into for right around $200.

New way to identify Condor fan bois'. They sleep in their socks. :ROFLMAO:

If your plan entails having something you can put cheap ass AR500 plates in (that weigh as much as a Datsun; but hey, they're just as good!) so that at 3am when you magically have all of that extra time after being woken up from a dead sleep in your socks and underwear to then casually locate and correctly put on your armor carrier - by all means, buy a Condor. Make sure to put a lot of patches on it too; hell I'm pretty sure they send you like 5 with each carrier.

If you actually want to do something with a carrier that consists of more than Instagram pictures in the bathroom mirror and putting it on to mag dump down the hallway while screaming lyrics from Harvestor of Sorrow because you mistook your fridge coming on for a burlger - you need something that will actually have stiching that will stay together, have material that doesn't feel like a brillo pad and a layout/design that wont fit like you tried to build a vest out of a square cardboard box.

The whole Condor thing caught on for 2 reasons; fucking fobbits that had their parents APO them carriers when everyone that wasn't cool was stuck with the fucking IOTV and the airsoft/tacticool faggots in the early/mid 2000s who wanted to look like a Navy Ranger Delta but didn't want to shell out $3-400+ for an Eagle CIRAS or one of the other expensive ass carriers back then prior to more manufacturers making and evolving them. It's like right now, if your only choice was to buy a Crye CAGE or a Condor vest, most who didn't have their life depend on it would join the 'its just as good' crown and circlejerk themselves into oblivion on AR15 after 'running it', which consisted of them going to a private range, being the tard shooting off the bench in a carrier and it not totally falling the fuck apart once. This faggotry is probably what led to the assinine practice of giving reviews of class reviews over at M4C at some point.

Condor is China made borderline airsoft shit. Will it hold a plate? Sure. For how long? What happens when you actually need to use it in a situation where, I don't know, you deem a fucking armor plate necessary? Is that worth saving 50-100$ over?

The stitching is shit. The molle spacing is irregular. The cordura isn't cordura. The layout is a total knockoff of older styles of carriers that doesn't aide in comfort or fitment whatsoever. You start to notice this kind of shit when you start wearing it for hours at a time and the straps dig into your shoulders, the weight distribution is shit and your lower back always aches, the plate height adjustments don't ever seem to get the plate anatomically correct, you constantly find more loose stitching and eventually shit starts wearing down/coming apart quickly from normal activity.

One good thing they are for is to find out the hard way as to what you dont know about wearing a carrier and armor. Because it'll give you a crash course in all of the worst fucking scenerios that you end up on the internet after looking for a solution, every time you have it on for more than 20 minutes.

You also don't need a fucking 500$ carrier as you will run into diminishing returns at some point, and some carriers offer options and modularity you may never need for your use.

Look at anything made by Mayflower/Velocity systems (I personally use the Scarab, but do so as its the most comfortable carrier I've ever worn and I need the zip on panel option), the Crye JPC 2.0 (basically lightweight and idiotproof), London bridge 6094 (can be found during sales for like $100). There are a ton out there.

@clcustom1911

Reactions: silentwoods
Yea I agree here, Condor is really geared more toward airsoft boys... I've never owned any of it but I did watch one come apart on a guy and dump the ar500 plate onto the ground while he was throwing melons in the air and chopping at them with one of those "survival knives" you can get online or at the flea market for like $10. Damn it sure was funny as hell, I wish I would have recorded it.

Wearing plate carriers suck. AR500 plates are bound to suck ass to lug around too. I have body armor, ABA Lvl III with ceramic trauma plates. I've got them mostly just in case. I broke them in and there's one in the closet of each family members bedroom.

When it comes to pretty much any molle gear I own, I try to buy decent, reputable gear. Tactical Tailor is one of my favorites, LBT, Eagle Industries, Crye, Mayflower, etc. Spend a little time digging around, you can find decent stuff for good prices if your on a budget. A lot of times guys will buy this stuff, never wear or use it and then sell it later at a loss.

You will be glad you did. If something happens and you need to rely on it, it's going to be worth the extra $$ and searching to find a quality set up at your price point. I wouldn't take a chance on the Condor, imo. I wouldn't trust one of their mag pouches let alone an entire carrier.

So, you're saying it's not your first choice?:oops:

@clcustom1911

• Haha
Reactions: plong
I used a eagle CIRAS and it was awesome. it would recommend it. the inner cumber bum takes alot of the weight off your shoulder.

Good information here ?
What are reputable places for plates?

bulletproofme.com (iirc they’re rebranded Tencates)

HESCO (only thing I really like are their lightweight lvl 3+ but pricey). You can also find their no frills standard lvl4 standalone plates at kotaoutfitters on sale for 200$ a set.

I have a set of Tencates I had multiples of through a DoD PMC and they’ve really held their own over the last few years of people making lighter plates. Mine are the lvl4 standalone multi curve and weight right under 7lbs a piece. I’ve been messing with the idea of a lighter 3+/special threat plates where you basically trade for a lighter plate with up to M855A1 rating but give up the AP rating.

Ordered some from a US company that are US made and have a ton of T&E done on them as well as videos from a really gay named ‘tactical scorpion gear’ but if they do what they say on the extra test plate, they are lvl 3+ multi curves that weigh something like 4.6lbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: SD Carpenter
Condor is Chicom manufactured and is supposed have a strong connection to their military. They've historically ripped off American designs. Buy American made from companies like Blue Force Gear, Velocity Systems/Mayflower, Tactical Tailor, First Spear and LBT.

Condor is not just ripoffs and you can hate it for taking IP from good folks, but it's one of many cheap makers.

If you want to know what we mean by cheap, this is a very detailed overview:

It happens to be a Condor PC, so that helps.

YES, I have also seen cheap gear fail on people at the wrong time. It has been inconvenient. Always more inconvenient to others, whether it's your team mates humping your stuff or the Sheriff's office body recovery team. If you are more than a stones throw from the car ever, get good stuff. Many good brands mentioned above, they often have sales and cost little or no extra if you shop smart, wait.

I agree with TheGerman. I’m using the Scarab as well and I have no complaints. You can’t go wrong with velocity, mayflower, or crye...

So I guess you don't know what you don't know. Having no other real world experience, I purchased the AR500 Veritas carrier, with the multi-curve plates. I had 2 reasons for my purchase. 1 obviously was for some kind of protection, but the other main reason was for training. I've loaded it up with the plates and mags and I do my cardio training with it. Nothing to the extent of TheGerman, but more than most.
I made my selection based on video reviews and price. I'm pleased with it so far, but to be honest, I haven't done much other than the cardio stuff.
They do seem to be well made. Time will tell

So are there any American made vendors that offer value chest rigs (not carriers)? I have multiple rifles I'd like to have chest rigs for, set up individually, but I'd prefer not to have to spend $150 on each one...as that just isn't in the cards. So 2 for my AR's(set up differently), one for AK, one for M1A, etc.

I'd love to have 4 Haley DC3M's but thats a lot of cash.

Any good USA value models? Would also be down for value Belt setups.
And this isn't for serious work or anything. Just running around the woods, shooting at my club, etc.

So are there any American made vendors that offer value chest rigs (not carriers)? I have multiple rifles I'd like to have chest rigs for, set up individually, but I'd prefer not to have to spend $150 on each one...as that just isn't in the cards. So 2 for my AR's(set up differently), one for AK, one for M1A, etc.

And this isn't for serious work or anything. Just running around the woods, shooting at my club, etc.

Yeah this is still a thing. I liked the idea of being able to change out the rack portion on the carrier between M4/SR25/subgun mags without having to manually weave pouches, but the downside was it always added an extra 1/2-1+ inch in forward depth depending on how much plate bag, cummerbun and other material it has in front and stuck out more than it needed to and became evident when shooting prone that made it felt like I was laying ontop of a box. My SCARB has everything attached via molle and is woven on; its the setup configuration I've used and would use if the need came up, so there's no shortcoming to this except its a pain in the ass to alter if I wanted to use a subgun instead of an M4, etc.

Since I don't want to screw with the SCARAB and leave it how it is, I'm messing around with a Crye SPC where the front is just the slick velcro and adding a Spritius micro rig 'placard' to the front via the velcro. The inserts for the placard can be switched out to M4/SR25/subgun via more velcro within a minute so no need to take anything off or apart. My only complaint so far is the Spiritus design of the 2 pouch 'rows' in the micro rig are an afterthought to anything except magazines; they make a full or half flap that covers all/half a row, but does nothing to stow anything in it that isn't a velcro mag securely. Minor gripe and I'm sure I can figure something out, but still, this seems to be the best current form of the whole modular carrier thing.

You could do the DC3 “Heavy” and use the Haley plastic insert thingys... then you could use any mag you want. You would have to like the rest of the layout as well though.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
You could do the DC3 “Heavy” and use the Haley plastic insert thingys... then you could use any mag you want. You would have to like the rest of the layout as well though.

ya I’ve thought about that but I’d honestly rather have 3 setups with mags ready to go so I can just grab one and rifle and go.

just wasn’t sure if anyone knew of a decent minimalist chest rig in the $60-$80 range that would work, but not as el cheapo as a condor

bulletproofme.com (iirc they’re rebranded Tencates)

BulletProofME also has LBT 6094 Coyote (L) plate carriers for $199 right now.

Their website is shit but their service has always been stellar. Nick has always been on point with returning calls and will let you ask as many questions as you want. He will get you to where you feel confident in the product you're trusting your life with.

Condor has a few things that are decent. Some of their drag bags and stuff are good but their plate carrier is better suited for air soft, and even then, according to my 13 year old son “it’s dog shit”. Lol. Blue force gear is a good one that is also affordable and you can usually find some good deals on LBT carriers through various vendors.

Reactions: Huskydriver
@Gustav7

What German said about the placards is basically what you’re asking about. Buy one quality PC and then however many “set ups” you desire. When you wanna switch weapons, just unclip and clip on what you need. They can be pre-staged, ready to go and be faster than a dedicated chest rig.

This is exactly what I plan on doing whenever I can get a Sporitus LV119, have a “range” placard and a “utility” placard.

Heck if I’m not mistaken, with some straps and buckles from Haley or Spiritus, the placards can quickly turn into a stand alone chest rig.

Reactions: Gustav7
@Gustav7

What German said about the placards is basically what you’re asking about. Buy one quality PC and then however many “set ups” you desire. When you wanna switch weapons, just unclip and clip on what you need. They can be pre-staged, ready to go and be faster than a dedicated chest rig.

This is exactly what I plan on doing whenever I can get a Sporitus LV119, have a “range” placard and a “utility” placard.

Ya seems like that might be the only route. Blue force gears aren’t bad price wise but I’m not a fan of their chest rig.

really surprised there aren’t more companies making something like Haley or Spiritus. Spiritus’ site was down last night so who know when they’ll be back up.

Yeah this is still a thing. I liked the idea of being able to change out the rack portion on the carrier between M4/SR25/subgun mags without having to manually weave pouches, but the downside was it always added an extra 1/2-1+ inch in forward depth depending on how much plate bag, cummerbun and other material it has in front and stuck out more than it needed to and became evident when shooting prone that made it felt like I was laying ontop of a box. My SCARB has everything attached via molle and is woven on; its the setup configuration I've used and would use if the need came up, so there's no shortcoming to this except its a pain in the ass to alter if I wanted to use a subgun instead of an M4, etc.

Since I don't want to screw with the SCARAB and leave it how it is, I'm messing around with a Crye SPC where the front is just the slick velcro and adding a Spritius micro rig 'placard' to the front via the velcro. The inserts for the placard can be switched out to M4/SR25/subgun via more velcro within a minute so no need to take anything off or apart. My only complaint so far is the Spiritus design of the 2 pouch 'rows' in the micro rig are an afterthought to anything except magazines; they make a full or half flap that covers all/half a row, but does nothing to stow anything in it that isn't a velcro mag securely. Minor gripe and I'm sure I can figure something out, but still, this seems to be the best current form of the whole modular carrier thing.
man, that’s a pretty sick idea. I’ve never checked out Spiritus Sytems but after looking at some of their stuff I may have to slowly start introgating to some of it. You’re defiantly right about it being a little pain In the ass when switching out your load out. I’ve ran an LBT for years and I got a custom door panel cover for the inside of my safe from a company called Wilder Tactical that is all molly. I have all of my place cards on there which doubles as magazine storage so when I want to switch out my m4 for AK, MP5, or SR25 i Just un-Clip and weave in the new one. I really like it but it can be a little time consuming so I may have to start checking out these micro place cards.

Ya seems like that might be the only route. Blue force gears aren’t bad price wise but I’m not a fan of their chest rig.

really surprised there aren’t more companies making something like Haley or Spiritus. Spiritus’ site was down last night so who know when they’ll be back up.

Haley is just a generic layout that cannot be modified as its stitched together in place. Never liked it for this reason. It also showed up during the whole swift clip timeframe when companies were coming out with the chest rigs or standalone racks you could clip on to the front of a carrier. This all adds extra depth you don't need; the Haley is the worst of them due to not being able to change the configuration. Sorry Travis.

The Spiritus is kind of a complete opposite. I'm not sure if it was a chest rig that people found to be a great placard, or a placard they made into a chest rig. Either way, I stopped using chest rigs years ago, but I always had the configuration on a rig the same as I did on the carrier for obvious reasons. With the micro Spiritus, you have a placard with a split pocket inside. All of the mags you want in whatever configuration can be interchanged via the velcro. You can also dummy cord the whole placard if you want to your carrier, as you're only changing out the internals. Everything else on your carrier can be attached via regular molle and be GTG between changing the internals of the Spiritus placard because itll be universal things you have on anyways like a radio, frag/GP pouch, etc.

Some of the Spiritus stuff to me is semi gimmicky, like that weird front fanny pack thing people seem to like thats only going to knock you in the dick, be unaccessable while prone and just bother you via swinging back and forth when you move, but you dont need it anyways. I do not suggest trying to get your IFAK supplies into the placard like some of the 'possibilities' is listed to have. Unless you use up an entire pouch pocket, you wont have enough space for proper IFAK materials; a halfassed IFAK loadout is never acceptable. Get an actual IFAK for your IFAK stuff.

. Either way, I stopped using chest rigs years ago

you just plate carriers now or belts?
Basically when I screwing around at my old mans farm or back in my woods I like to carry more than just a spare mag on my belt. So was trying to transition To something small, light that has more than a single mag pouch.
Been looking at actual belt systems too, but not sure if I wanna go that route or not. I’d have to keep the back almost flat for riding in the UTV

@Gustav7

Unless you NEED armor capability, a belt setup will do exactly what you’re asking. I use the Orion from T-Rex Arms. Got holster, 2x pistol mags, 1x AR15 mag, dump pouch, IFAK, and a flashlight. The belt does not require an inner belt and stays put during movement/sprints. The Ronin Tactics belts are supposed to be of high quality if you prefer a two piece belt. I just use a one of those cheap football belts to hold my pants up when using the Orion.

Personally, I see the belt as “baseline” and a PC as an addition if I want armor or more capability.

For “screwing around”, you can just get a belt setup and scale up or down to fit your needs.

Last edited:
you just plate carriers now or belts?
Basically when I screwing around at my old mans farm or back in my woods I like to carry more than just a spare mag on my belt. So was trying to transition To something small, light that has more than a single mag pouch.
Been looking at actual belt systems too, but not sure if I wanna go that route or not. I’d have to keep the back almost flat for riding in the UTV

I've never liked modular belts further than a sturdy gun belt that held the holster and a reload to ensure the reload stayed with the gun and if you didn't need it, the outer belt came off and you didn't have the sidearm on yet had a belt that still held your pants up, on. There's a whole 'warbelt' thread around somewhere where we went over why the early/mid 2000s warbelt fad sucked for the most part. They also tend to get in the way if you have enough on them, or with some of the pouch sizing, as you'll start to rub it or have pieces of gear on your carrier ride on top of them and either push the belt downward, or not let your carrier hang correctly. With the addition of zip on rear panels this was really a total pain in the ass.

I don't use a chest rig because if I'm going to drill with gear, its the gear Ill actually be wearing. Drilling/running/fighting with a carrier on is a different animal than doing it with just a tshirt on. You have to get used to the feel, rifle presentation and shouldering become a thing to where you have to quickly be able to come from a low ready or high port yet not end up on the plate with the buttstock but find the sweet spot right outside of via muscle memory (think up drills from a high port on a reduced IPSC at 25 yards with the first round always a hit at under 1 second and then being able to transition to 2 other offset targets, then come back to the first one without your gun wandering around, you bobbleing your stance or your initial aim/presentation being 3 feet to the side or whatever). The weight adds up and makes you really think if you need some of the shit you have on. The heat adds up. It moves a bit while you do. Your shoulders constantly have weight on them. Your sternum/chest have a weight slightly pushing inward on it when you breathe. Your gear is now in 'your space'. All added to just trying to shoot, which is hard enough as it is.

For your use a chest rig would be great. It's light, has what you need on it and isn't a carrier that'll make you hot and wear you down wearing 20lbs on you the entire day. If you don't think you're going to be getting shot at by anyone, why not. The micro placard with the add on harnesses would be a great option to leave on over a tshirt, sweatshirt, softshell, all year and not even really notice.

Last edited:
I've never liked modular belts further than a sturdy gun belt that held the holster and a reload to ensure the reload stayed with the gun and if you didn't need it, the outer belt came off and you didn't have the sidearm on yet had a belt that still held your pants up, on. There's a whole 'warbelt' thread around somewhere where we went over why the early/mid 2000s warbelt fad sucked for the most part. They also tend to get in the way if you have enough on them, or with some of the pouch sizing, as you'll start to rub it or have pieces of gear on your carrier ride on top of them and either push the belt downward, or not let your carrier hang correctly. With the addition of zip on rear panels this was really a total pain in the ass.

I don't use a chest rig because if I'm going to drill with gear, its the gear Ill actually be wearing. Drilling/running/fighting with a carrier on is a different animal than doing it with just a tshirt on. You have to get used to the feel, rifle presentation and shouldering become a thing to where you have to quickly be able to come from a low ready or high port yet not end up on the plate with the buttstock but find the sweet spot right outside of via muscle memory (think up drills from a high port on a reduced IPSC at 25 yards with the first round always a hit at under 1 second and then being able to transition to 2 other offset targets, then come back to the first one without your gun wandering around, you bobbleing your stance or your initial aim/presentation being 3 feet to the side or whatever). The weight adds up and makes you really think if you need some of the shit you have on. The heat adds up. It moves a bit while you do. Your shoulders constantly have weight on them. Your sternum/chest have a weight slightly pushing inward on it when you breathe. Your gear is now in 'your space'. All added to just trying to shoot, which is hard enough as it is.

For your use a chest rig would be great. It's light, has what you need on it and isn't a carrier that'll make you hot and wear you down wearing 20lbs on you the entire day. If you don't think you're going to be getting shot at by anyone, why not. The micro placard with the add on harnesses would be a great option to leave on over a tshirt, sweatshirt, softshell, all year and not even really notice.

Ya I have plenty of experience wearing a kit, which is precisely why I didn’t want it for wearing around in the woods lol.

I have a plate carrier and armor setup currently, and it’s fine for now, but I’m sure as shit not lugging it around while I’m goofing off in the woods. I can train with my kit whenever, this is just for play. Plus it’s nice to have something light that I can just grab with my rifle and throw in the UTV, and i know it’ll have some extra ammo, basic medical, pen and notebook, etc.

appreciate the input, sounds like Spiritus or something like it May be the ticket.

If you’re looking for a different option, check out the HRT RAC. They offer a few different options for placards similar to the D3. Just another option. No idea what kind of quality it is, but the price looks decent.

When things were getting interesting with the Antifa and all the other BS in '16, I decided I should get something just to get me out of town if civilization went sideways, and picked up a plate armor package from Spartan Armor. Came with a Condor MPOC.

I know carriers are uncomfortable as it is by word of mouth, and I have no basis for comparison. Just looking at that condor unit, made me wonder what the hell they were using for a body shape template as my torso and shoulders are not a "T", nor anyone else I know that is not an office dwelling desk jockey. All of the weight carried by the shoulder straps rides on the inside edge cutting in the muscles above the shoulder/clavicle. Still have not gotten around to modifying the straps to a more comfortable position/angle for a more triangle shoulder/neck profile.

My agency bought one of the Condor chest rigs to T&E last year as a light weight option for when off duty and a call goes out. I started laughing when they explained why they wanted to test it. I have a well earned reputation at work for being as subtle as a cinder block with my opinions and also very hard on equipment. I told them Condor was airsoft junk and wouldn't last. After being told my opinion didn't matter and the agency would be ordering them before I even tested it out I started going over obvious issues right away. The molle was stitched unevenly with some gaps barely wide enough to fit a malice clip in. After I started pulling some of the stitching away at the edges while trying to feed a grimlock clip on I gave up and reiterated it was poorly made junk. The assistant Sheriff actually listened to me and asked me to try it for a week at the range and at home. He bartered with 2 cases of 5.56 and 1 case of .40 ammo. For free ammo I will test most anything. Three days into playing at the range I had molle straps ripped off and broke one of the plastic buckles. Thankfully the idea to order them was scrapped. Is given a second one to keep as the vendor provided a replacement for the broken one. I set it up and use it for paintball now. Only used it a few times for all day or weekend games but I will don't think it will last much longer.

So I dont know about actual intended use. I used 2 different condor chest rigs. One I use for playing airsoft and the other one for LARP ( yes literally LARP).
Im a fat bastard and the stitches dont hold up well, I fall a lot in mud and swamp and the velcro doesnt take to kindly to that and is losing its grip. In cold weather the plastic parts dont hold up well.

What about a Mayflower APC ? Got on an email list for one several weeks ago and just got an in stock notification. Should I pull he trigger on one ? Mainly for a just in case setup.

I like the internal admin pouch as I really don't need to carry a lot of crap. Just a few essentials.

The kangaroo pouch to carry a few extra mags if the need arises sounds good but I'm not sure.

Mayflower is top tier. Velocity Systems are my favorite folks, wear their ULV assault vest (as PC only though, with LBE over it) all the time, and it's so well fitted and I can climb, roll, and ruck in it. Mayflower... was acquired? Not sure, but is sort of an /even better/ sub-brand of VelSys.

If the APC meets your needs (size, fits your plates, etc) then it's a very beloved piece of gear by many and I believe them just from personal experience.

"... putting it on to mag dump down the hallway while screaming lyrics from Harvestor of Sorrow ..."

?

He's a fucking wordsmith is he not?

I laughed out loud at that line because I SAW it in my head as I read it.

Although I am a Metallica fan from kill 'em all on.

@TheGerman

If you ever need a side gig, just for your amusement, please do stand up.

George Carlin left a hole when he died, you sir could fill it in spades.

Speaking of truth.

Reactions: MEL07