• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Condor Gear.

nleaders

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2011
AZ
I have heard a bunch of mixed information about Condor's plate carriers and the like. Has anyone had any experience with their stuff, and if so is it any good?

Re: Condor Gear.

i have a single point sling that i enjoy an held up pretty well. i know thats not much to go on.

Its "meh" for a plate carrier that will see mild to moderate use its decent stuff. For any hard use gear, I would look elsewhere for a plate carrier

I have a Condor sniper drag bag. It's seen moderate use for the last 2-3 years, stuffed with a Rem 700 and assorted support gear. No problems. It's held up fine. I think I got it for about $60 at a fun show. I would recommend one if you don't want to spring for a more expensive brand like Voodoo or Eagle.

Condor makes middle of the road gear. It is Chinese made stuff that is marketed more towards airsoft players. But I have had several pieces of gear from them and it does work and holds up fairly well. Now given the choice of Tactical Tailor or Condor their is no question however for the budget minded consumer Condor makes an acceptable product.

Keep this in mind with companies like Condor, I have worked in the nylon industry so I am not just "talking out the side of my neck" as we say here in LA.

Their prices are great because they knock off other peoples products. I'm not talking about the whole "made in the USA" argument which is an entirely different matter. The problem with these companies is that they charge lower prices by benefitting from the R&D work of companies like LBT, SOE, Blue Force Gear, etc. Without the cost of developing the gear built in, they can charge a lower price. The problem is that this is much like gun control, it may not matter the first or second time it happens but eventually you will be directly affected. In this case, if Condor flourishes and the other companies go away then who will be developing new and better gear? It really is up to each and every one of us in the community to support the shops who are spending the cash to go out and work with real personnel in the field to develop what is needed.

Besides that, I like to buy products made by Americans in the U.S.A. But that isn't what this response is about. I am more concerned with supporting the innovators in the industry so that they can continue to innovate. Take responsibility for yourself and spend the few extra dollars. Don't be the guy who goes cheap thinking that others will support the real companies. And just in case this came off like an endorsement piece, I don't work in that industry anymore so I have no financial stake in this.

Reactions: Hey-Who1776

ive got a bag and a sling from them, eh, they arent bad, i can tell they arent going to hold up to heavy use so they are range use only really.

i say spend money based on your need. if its just range trips theyll be fine, if youre going hunting or doing a class or courses go with something heavy duty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LS6TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ive got a bag and a sling from them, eh, they arent bad, i can tell they arent going to hold up to heavy use so they are range use only really.

i say spend money based on your need. if its just range trips theyll be fine, if youre going hunting or doing a class or courses go with something heavy duty. </div></div>
Pretty accurate info here. My opinion is the gear is of average quality, which will easily hold up to normal use when it comes to trips to the range, touring/travel, recreational use, etc. From a design & durability standpoint, it isn't up to the level that you're going to get from CamelBak, LBT, High Speed Gear, Granite Tactical Gear, Tactical Tailor, etc. Then again, it isn't priced <span style="font-style: italic">remotely</span> in the same ballpark as similiar gear from those companies, either. Condor Tactical gear fills a product segment & price point nicely, and deserves a place on the shelf. For 90% of us who don't rely on our gear to protect our lives, then it is adequate. If I were looking for kit to fulfill law enforcement or military applications or just want the best designs & quality, then I'd look to one of the brands listed above...

I have to agree with the opinion that "brands" such as Condor, Voodoo, Fox, etc. don't innovate gear but just knock off established designs. This is correct for the most part, but not entirely. It isn't at all uncommon to find a pack that is offered among 3-4 such companies that is 98% identical to an offering from a USA based company such as LBT, except for 1-2 minor cosmetic differences. They are ripping off the hard work & design expertise of the innovators, but stopping such practices doesn't seem to be doable or desired (possibly due to legal expenses, etc.???). It isn't right but it is business in today's world, unfortunately.

In the interest of full disclosure, my business is an authorized Condor dealer & does sell their equipment. While we would prefer to unilaterally support only USA based companies, many of our customers want us to offer imported gear and Condor, Voodoo, and Fox items are frequently requested. Much of this comes from recreational customers entering this product segment, who want a certain look or style but don't want to be set back large sums of money to get it. If it works for them, great! Many of these customers, as they become involved in competitions, etc., do eventually upgrade to the USA made products as their needs & budget allow.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

I purchased a Condor drag bag/shooting mat in August and have had a trip to the range about twice a month since. Its held up well, but has only been used for carrying the rifle and as a shooting mat.

If i had to do it over again I think id get a tab shooting mat and a regular drag bag. The drag bag/shooting mat is a good concept but it doesnt work as well as I intially tought it would. For example cant really store too much in the bag because your using it as a shooting mat.

I have their 36" Rifle bag case that has held up very well. I don't see the need for me personally to buy the top of the end bag if I really don't need to. It carries my rifle to and from the range, gets thrown around at the range and that is about it. If budget permitting and quality was needed then I'd go for the better quality brands but in my case I don't need to do that and their products have worked well for me.

I have a Condor Quick Release Plate Carrier that I harshly abuse with airsofting and range training... IMHO, It gets the job done but is not what I consider high quality. BUT it is at a nice price point where I do not feel bad about destroying it. It has held up pretty well after but YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. If you absolutely need it to hold up (without worrying about repair) you need to look at higher quality brands and higher price tags. I like mine and it suits my needs but I would upgrade if I had funds available.

i bought a couple 2 mag pouches, and they are better than i thought they would be

I bought a Condor fleece off of here that was "once worn" it was in great shape and cost me $40 shipped. For that amount of $ I am happy with it. You can tell its not top notch gear but it also hasn't fell apart for no apparent reason either, its also just seen light use like everyone mentioned.

I also bought a Voodoo Tactical double gun bag from ceylon a while back and it is pretty damn tough/solid. It also would not be considered top notch like Maxpedition or others but it is really nice for the money and seems to be a pretty big step ahead of my Condor fleece on the bad shit-good shit scale. (of course comparing a $50 fleece to a $150 bag isn't fair)

None of my condor stuff has fell apart and I drag a few bags to the range every week.

what are you going to use the plate carrier for? If it is for airsoft it shouldn't be a problem, however if you are going to be deploying with it, I wouldn't skimp on the product that is intended to keep you alive! If you want a good plate carrier for deployment look at mayflower, PIG, Eagle, etc...

Its what a lot of airsofters use so that should explain nough about it. I use a few things if Im going out in weather, mud etc.

I have a condor rifle bag that has been holding pretty well to and from the range. I won't be hiking around with it or carrying 50 pounds in the case so it will work well for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceylonc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have to agree with the opinion that "brands" such as Condor, Voodoo, Fox, etc. don't innovate gear but just knock off established designs. This is correct for the most part, but not entirely. It isn't at all uncommon to find a pack that is offered among 3-4 such companies that is 98% identical to an offering from a USA based company such as LBT, except for 1-2 minor cosmetic differences. They are ripping off the hard work & design expertise of the innovators, but stopping such practices doesn't seem to be doable or desired (possibly due to legal expenses, etc.???). It isn't right but it is business in today's world, unfortunately.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com </div></div>

There is much truth to this and more. Every single backpack is a copy of the original Klettersack used in the Alps since the 1700s. Every single backpack produced since is some sort of a copy of the Klettersack; cloth tube main body with shoulder straps and originally tied closed opening but a top lid cover found its way on.

Lowe Alpine, Greg was the designer, Jeff the tester but they did not have good business sense, is the copied design of current tactical backpacks produced here in the states or elsewhere over the last 30+ years, it is Lowe's sole R&D design that other have added touches too...they all are a copy of Lowe. Internal frame (stays) is Greg Lowe's design from when most current backpack designers were not even born yet.

When I was in the bizz, everything is copied by somebody made in the USA or not. Today Joe Sew works for XXX but tomorrow he works for YYY and he takes and gives his workings to whomever he works for at this moment. And, one Joe Sew may work for multiply companies.

Today Ted Tester is paid to play by XXX giving hard R&D to them but tomorrow Ted works for XXX and takes it with him, tweak it and the cycle continues next year or two. This is why companies who pay for those to play will pay them large nuggets to keep them and their secrets but guess who pays for the play to pay teams...consumers. I had private reps, outside reps and inside reps work very very hard to keep me in their line of gear.