• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Confused about GAP Barrel Contours

C4MC

Cash 4 Motorcycles
Minuteman
Since every company seems to have different contours and GAP's Bartlien barrels have different numbers than Bartliens own contours I am confused. I'm leaning toward a straight taper but I'm not sure which one. I've seen a lot of GAP #7's in pictures but I'm not sure if that is the same as their M24/M40 contour. Do they have #7 and #14 contours similar to those shown on Bartlien's website? Any one have experience with these?

Re: Confused about GAP Barrel Contours

Call them. Best way to get the info you want.

Here's a quote from George on the #7.

Here's the thread: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1764563

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our #7 is pretty much a USMC Countour.

USMC is 1.200 x 3" ST to .925 at 24"

GAP#7 is 1.200 x 4" ST to .900 at 26" its about .915 at 24"

M-24 is slightly bigger but again pretty much the same.

MTU and NBRSA HV are alot bigger. </div></div>

GA Precision's #7 contour (The standard barrel on their Crusaders) is the same as Bartlein's #14.

Unfortunately there is no standard among rifle manufacturers or barrel makers.

The easiest thing is just say you want an M24/M40 Contour.