• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Congrats to GAP!

Swift

Chief Bagel Technician
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Figured this was the best place to post this. I'm working my way through American Sniper, the best-selling autobiography of SEAL Team member Chris Kyle. There's a section where he talks about the weapon systems he trained with and gave George and GA Precision the nod as his favorite builders. Good to see you guys get some recognition from that kind of source. Keep it up!

btw, yes, the book is worth reading.

Re: Congrats to GAP!

Someone posted the link to his TODAY.com interview where he was wearing a GAP logo hat. Try a search for more info. I'm thinking there are a few threads with this topic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Said he saw their rifles in action overseas and was more than impressed.</div></div>

"I never got a chance to try one until I was out of the service, but now they are what I use" is what he wrote. Never said anywhere that he say them overseas.....

Not trying be be a dick, but I just read that part myself and didn't recall him saying that he saw them overseas.
grin.gif

Also worth the read BTW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Said he saw their rifles in action overseas and was more than impressed.</div></div>

"I never got a chance to try one until I was out of the service, but now they are what I use" is what he wrote. Never said anywhere that he say them overseas.....

Not trying be be a dick, but I just read that part myself and didn't recall him saying that he saw them overseas.
grin.gif

Also worth the read BTW. </div></div>

My apologies. In my defense, I was reading that chapter at 3am

I also read the book and truly enjoyed it. One of my most favorite reads in a long time.

The book is a definite must read. Buy the hardcover and keep it or pass it onto friends.

Sorry but i thought the book was a little weak if i'm honest. Not trying to take anything away from the guy, his service or remarkable feats but just felt it was poorly written, lacked detail and missed the opportunity to really get into the mind of a sniper leading into and at war. His wife's commentary was genius and novel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Said he saw their rifles in action overseas and was more than impressed.</div></div>

grin.gif

Also worth the read BTW. </div></div>

My apologies. In my defense, I was reading that chapter at 3am</div></div>

Haha that's funny as I read it late one night myself. The first night I started reading the book I read 105 pages the first night. Just kept thinking all the background info was going to end and the good shit was going to start.

TJ, I think the reason it was written the way it was was to appeal to the public at large, not just the "sniper community." I wish it had more detail as well, but I am also glad it lacked the detail. I think the book appeals to more people that way.

thats crazy just got that magazine with his picture in the front last night, congrats to GAP. one day i will be able to afford a build my self.