• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Connecticut: is there anybody here with me?

Domino329

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Stamford, Ct.
Hello from Connecticut! If there is anybody out there that would like to link up and shoot please let me know. I know it's slim pickings for anything over 200 yards locally, but I have a couple possibilities for private property. I live and work in the Stamford/ Norwalk area, but will travel to shoot!
Feel free to email me [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey, I live in Wolcott. I am working on a place to shoot as well but currently, I am fresh out of spots. The last few were slowly shut down and I'm afraid, they will not be available again.

Shoot me a pm if you'd like. I'm hoping to get up to Granby on the 9th for their tactical match.

Granby bow and gun club hosts a monthly prs style match. They have a Facebook page about the matches and other precision rifle stuff if you search on Facebook. It's a 1000 yard range in westernish mass. Check them out!

Glad to hear from you guys. I will look up granby bow and gun club. I have never shot any PRS style matches, I need more experience with distances beyond 100 or 200 yards. My biggest struggle is trying to find a place to shoot long range. I just finished putting together a nice 6.5 mm Creedmoor, but unfortunately I have only shot it at the hundred yard range I belong too (Ansonia Rod and Gun). I used to be able to shoot my 308 at a rock quarry, but then neighbors got wind of it and of course they hassled the owners to stop anybody from shooting there. I guess that's typical in Connecticut.

i already have plans this weekend
but definitely looking to head up for the next one

Hey folks, transplant from Memphis, TN and living in Pawcatuck now. Just received my Accurate Ordnance 6.5 Creedmoor and looking to do some shooting. Plan on joining the Granby club when I get some experience behind the new rifle.

i already have plans this weekend
but definitely looking to head up for the next one

well made it up there for yesterdays match
looks like fun
definitely like to start the signup process and qualifying for the 1,000 yard range so i can try out the matches

Hey everyone I just moved to Hebron, just became a member at Granby's range in Mass and was qualified on there 1000 yard range, that's a real nice place to shoot, I'm hoping to start on some PRS matches soon.

Hello from Connecticut! If there is anybody out there that would like to link up and shoot please let me know. I know it's slim pickings for anything over 200 yards locally, but I have a couple possibilities for private property. I live and work in the Stamford/ Norwalk area, but will travel to shoot!
Feel free to email me [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been to a range in Ledyard with Rob the moderator here.

http://www.ledyardsportsmanclub.com

They have a 400 yard range. It was really nice

I'm in the New Haven area and also interested in longer ranges to shoot at...

I guess Granby bow and gun club is the hot ticket around here? I also heard there is a 1000 yard range in Troy, NY. That's a bit of a haul but it might be closer than PA which is where other long ranges are. Note I have not been to any of them.

I’m in NY, right on the border of CT. Just checked the Granby site and saw that the 1000 yd range has been closed for a bit. Is this still the case? Only a couple hours from me so I’d definitely be interested in joining.

I’m in NY, right on the border of CT. Just checked the Granby site and saw that the 1000 yd range has been closed for a bit. Is this still the case? Only a couple hours from me so I’d definitely be interested in joining.

Yes this is correct. I live in RI and have been keeping my eye on the status of the Granby 1000 yard range in hopes that it will re open soon.

I recently went to Granby Bow and Gun club. The 1000 yard was still closed. I believe they are involved in some sort of litigation. However, the 350 yard range is still open, as well as the pistol bays. Hopefully they clear up the civil crap successfully.

I joined Granby, qualified, and only shot the 1000 yard twice before the lawsuit and it was closed down. What a shame! It doesn't look to good to reopen anytime soon.

Hey guys, my wife and I are newbies in Fairfield County CT. Looking to join New Haven Sportsman's club in Guilford. Not a terrible drive, a nice 100/200 yard range, and the people we have met have been super nice. But beyond that yardage wise CT doesn't look promising.

Hi Jim, I was there in November for thing called Appleseed, it is a rifle course. I had a nice tour by one of the members, the indoor range is super nice and I believe it is fairly new. They have a breakfast every Sunday morning, we went and everyone seemed very friendly. Since it's winter we plan on submitting our application in the next few weeks to be ready for when the weather turns. The price is also very reasonable considering local range costs and the fact members have access 365 days.