• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Conover NC .22 TSC - OCT RESULTS & FINAL STANDINGS

Re: Conover, NC .22 TSC 2012 **MAY RESULTS UP**

I'll have to be taking a rain check for the second month in a row.
frown.gif
I should be able to make August and October though. I finally got a chance to play with my new Annie and I'm quite happy with jumping on that bandwagon.
smile.gif
On a side note I had a Win 52B Target stumble across my path last week that I couldn't pass up. Damn rimfire addiction that I blame on Joe and Steve and the awesome match they devised!
smile.gif
Range report to follow on both soon in the Rimfire section. Take care, see you soon.

Look forward to your return Brian. I expected to see you at the meeting last Thursday but I figured you forgot. I need to get your contact info so I can remind you of the next club meeting.

Tom I am glad to hear you got an Annie. Right now the best suggestion I have for you is Lapua CenterX for ammo. The 922A has crapped out on many of us and I am now suspecting that we have a lot to learn aout the lot numbers and their meaning. We were taking the last 3 digits only intoo account and that has proved to be a mistake. My Annie acted born again with the Lapua last month. Look forward to your match reports.

That Center X is aweful! I wouldn't use that.
grin.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look forward to your return Brian. I expected to see you at the meeting last Thursday but I figured you forgot. I need to get your contact info so I can remind you of the next club meeting.

Tom I am glad to hear you got an Annie. Right now the best suggestion I have for you is Lapua CenterX for ammo. The 922A has crapped out on many of us and I am now suspecting that we have a lot to learn aout the lot numbers and their meaning. We were taking the last 3 digits only intoo account and that has proved to be a mistake. My Annie acted born again with the Lapua last month. Look forward to your match reports. </div></div>

Nope, didn't forget; but unfortunately the storms that hit Virginia had me up in the Shenandoah helping out friends and family with Turkeys and Livestock.

I was going to try to make it back for the meeting; but the power did not get restored until Thursday night and we were in the middle of lick-sticking a chimney.

But, I will make my meetings coming up!

Looking forward to a great time!

My workload has exploded this year and I have not had time to shoot much. If all goes well I may see ya'll tomorrow.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Barry

Hey guys and gals. I promise I will get a match report up but not tonight.

An item of interest. There were several items left at the range today after everyone left. I know who belongs to the spotting scope but there was a rainjacket and a camo painted tripod that I cannot figure who might it belong to. If you are missing these items please let me know. I put them in the stat house(travel trailer) and they will be safe till you can claim them. Lemme know if this stuff belongs to you. Thanks.
Joe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Playerz1337</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did they start permitting suppressors? </div></div>

The club voted to amend the rules back in the spring. If we failed to make that clear I do appologize. As long as your supressor is legal you are welcome to use it in the match.

Glad you could make it out Brian and glad to see you bringing more people and promoting the match. Many thanks for you guys helping out so much today!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys and gals. I promise I will get a match report up but not tonight.

An item of interest. There were several items left at the range today after everyone left. I know who belongs to the spotting scope but there was a rainjacket and a camo painted tripod that I cannot figure who might it belong to. If you are missing these items please let me know. I put them in the stat house(travel trailer) and they will be safe till you can claim them. Lemme know if this stuff belongs to you. Thanks.
Joe </div></div>

Joe
The camo tripod is mine. Thanks for putting it up.
Barry

Re: Conover, NC .22 TSC 2012 **JUNE RESULTS UP**

Match Results July,14 2012

We had some ugly weather early today, and I had predicted due to weather and vacations the turnout may be light. We did have 18 shooters, and after a few heavy showers, it turned off to be a really nice day to shoot.
Some great scores and some eye openers were the order of the day. Ronny Brown took first place with a 55+11, followed closely by Gary Houser with a 55+9. It was Anschutz against a Clark Custom 10/22 for one of the most exciting shootoffs to date. Yours truly being Brownie's spotter, I had a ringside seat to the action. 3rd stage men were set at stage 4 for the shootoffs and let me tell you, it is no chipshot. Brownie's strategy was to lay up and hammer out the single points. As I spotted I tried to listen for hits from Gary's side. Brownie hammered out 5 and with three shots left he decided to hold up and get a status report on the other side. I knew I had heard Gary hit 4 maybe 5 but wasn't sure. As I glassed the right side I realized the worst. Gary had indeed made 4 hits total, the worst kind for Brownie. Gary had both 3 point bonuses clean and a 2 point agressor with a single man thrown in for good measure, Brownie's hand had now been forced. He would have to go for the points with the greatest risk, it was litterally down to one shot making or breaking him. He made 3 flawless shots scoring respectively 3,2,1. That is what I would call counting them down for the win! That in no way diminishes Gary's performance, he put the pressure on in a tight spot and did some danged fine shooting! Congrats to both men, you earned it fellas!
Greg Johnson nipped closely behind the lead taking 3rd with a 54, one point shy of a 3 way shootoff for all three top spots! Jay Roe, our current top junior, put up an impressive 45 to take 5th place overall. Did I mention he is 12 years old? I just hope he remembers where he got his start when he accepts that Gold medal in 2016
smile.gif

We had some new faces today and some old friends return. Glad to see Barry get back out to shoot with us! Steve was in therapy this week and I hope he returns rested and relaxed. I think he really went to the beach
smile.gif

Many thanks to all those that helped set targets through the day and all those who help each month with the setup and teardown. You are appreciated more than you know.
Due to the mud at 240 we could not shoot the Gauntlet proper. Instead we had a side match at 210yds. Gary Houser finally won after a shootoff with Jay and Dylan Roe. Them kids are tough!

Scores:

R.Brown Anschutz 55+11
G.Houser Clark 10/22 55+9
G.Johnson Anschutz 54
Jm.Roe Anschutz 48
JayBird Anschutz 45
T.McRary Anschutz 43
B.Johnson Anschutz 41
D.Roe Anschutz 40*
B.Franklin Savage 40*
P.Johnson Anscutz 34
B.Newman Vostok 33
B.Rogers Vostok 27
J.Sigmon Ruger 26
Js.Sigmon Ruger 25
D.Leonard Vostok 18
K.Meares Savage 13
B.Howell Savage 4
H.Spargo Savage 3

*Ties broken by stage 4 score.

Team event: Ronny Brown and Ronny Brown score of 110**
(**This is a possibility when we have an odd number of teams. The draw is random and the odd man out of the hat doubles his score.)

Side Match: G.Houser 7x10 and 8x10

**** PLEASE REMEMBER!! Next month is our 2012 Championship Match. The entry fee will be $25 and there will be lots of door prizes, cash and prizes. Make plans to attend. We will have a flier up in a few days. Please let us know if you plan to attend.
Besides our local sponsors we have a confirmation that Rifle Basix is sending a trigger. If it is not a model you may want Clay has agreed to exchange it for one of your choosing. If you plan to buy a trigger please consider Rifle Basix. They make a great product and I personally can attest to their fantastic customer service.
More info will be coming soon on this match.****

J. Lassiter
Assistant Match Director

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reeljob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys and gals. I promise I will get a match report up but not tonight.

Joe </div></div>

Joe
The camo tripod is mine. Thanks for putting it up.
Barry </div></div>

If you want to PM me your info Barry I would be glad to ship it to you. It will be next week before I am back at the club though so it wouldn't be right away.

Thanks for the offer to ship it to me but I plan on being back next month along with my daughter. I know it is in good hands. Looking foward to August, chalk me plus one down to attend.

Hey Joe, you planning on having the range open Fri PM the way ya'll did last year?

Yes. We will open the range for limited practice on Friday August 10th from 1:30 PM to 6:00 PM.

Remember this is our annual Championship match and we will have trophies for the first 3 places, a "2012 Champion" hat, payout through 5 places, and lots of great door prizes.

Match fee $25

See you then!

SR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apache308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. We will open the range for limited practice on Friday August 10th from 1:30 PM to 6:00 PM.

Remember this is our annual Championship match and we will have trophies for the first 3 places, a "2012 Champion" hat, payout through 5 places, and lots of great door prizes.

Match fee $25

See you then!

SR
</div></div>

Thanks Steve,

I'm looking forward to it. Work has kept me busy this summer, but I'll be out on Fri and Sat, so count me in.

Tim Fell

BTT as the match is in 3 days. It looks like I will be able to make this match for the first time in a few months.
smile.gif

Hey Tom thanks for the bump, glad to hear you are coming over.

Tim, hope you make it from Tennessee as well.

Just another reminder. This match is the 2012 Championship. The fee is a bit more at $25 but I can assure you it is very cheap compared to the door prizes and purse at stake. I don't think a single person left last year without something. This year's prizes will be even better than last year and I didn't think that was possible.

I have had an unexpected situation come up, looks like its not meant to be. hope to shoot more next year. I was looking foward to tomorrow especially since my can was approved and picked up this week. Good Luck to all of you!!
Barry

Hey folks..... I'm a little late in getting the reuslts up. My apologies....too much stuff going on...........

CVRPC .22 TSC Championship Match Recap, August 11, 2012

The 2012 CVRPC .22 Tactical Steel Challenge Championship match is in the books and was a huge success! With our usual high level of competition, very respectable cash payouts, great looking trophies, over $1000 in door prizes, free pizza provided by Catawba Valley Rifle and Pistol Club, it was indeed a great day. We had moderate temps, light to no winds, and the occasional morning sprinkle to keep things cool.

First and most importantly, we want to thank the sponsors who made the door prizes possible. We had a variety of great prizes including gift certificates and merchandise. I want to encourage all participants to thank these businesses and support them with your patronage. We also want to express our thanks to Curtis England who put in a lot of work and effort to make the door prizes possible. We had 32 competitors and 30 door prizes so almost everyone walked away with something. I also want to express a sincere thanks to the core group of folks who make this match happen each month. Line officers are also a key element in the success of .22 TSC to keep things running smoothly, questions answered, scorecards verified, and most of all keeping the line and range safe for all in attendance. Thanks to all those who put on the vest today. This match format takes a considerable amount of work and it could not be done without you.

With a first place payout of $250, a beautiful trophy, and a “Champion’s” hat up for grabs, and a respectable payout through 5th place, the pressure was on for everyone. Starting with the Junior shooters, Jacob Roe posted the top score of 46 and took home the 1st place plaque – and placed 7th overall.

This year’s champion is Bradley Johnson with a very impressive score of 58. Bradly has shot a variety of guns in the matches this year and decided it was his turn with the Anschutz MPR today and it proved to be a great choice. Bradley was a strong winner with 2nd place coming in 6 points back with a 52, and third place earned by Patti Johnson with a great score of 50 with her new Anny 1903 Jr. Congrats Patti!! Tom McRary and Brian Johnson settled a tie for 4th and 5th place payouts via a shoot-off with Tom’s custom 54 edging Brian’s MPR by one point.

Again, thanks to all who came out to shoot today, the sponsors, and those who made this great match a reality. We will be shooting again in September and October and that will close out our 2012 season. Oh….and don’t forget, look for a couple of new positions next month!!

Thanks,
Steve Roe

August 11, 2012 Match Results:

1. Brd. Johnson Anschutz 58 Champion
2. S. Roe Anschutz 52 2nd
3. P. Johnson Anschutz 50 3rd
4. T. McRary Anschutz 49+4 4th
5. B. Johnson Anschutz 49+3 5th
6. R. Brown Anschutz 48
7. Jay Roe Anschutz 46 Jr. Champ
8. Curtis England Anschutz 44
9. G. Johnson Anschutz 43
10. J. Roe Anschutz 41
11. J. Sigmon Ruger 40
12. C. Brown Ruger 39*
13. M. Leonard Savage 39*
14. D. Leonard Savage 38
15. J. Abbott Remington 37
16. G. Houser Sav-Ans 36
17. T. McCloskey Anschutz 35
18. T. Fell Ruger 33
19. D. Underwood NA 32*
20. J. Lassiter Anschutz 32*
21. Jms. Sigmon Ruger 32
22. B. Morton Savage 31
23. Bt. Johnson Anschutz 29
24. T. Winters Savage 28
25. T. Butcher NA 27
26. G. Northam Kimber 26*
27. K. Meares CZ 26*
28. G. Myrick Savage 24
29. B. Franklin Savage 23
30. J. Yale Vostok 16
31. B. Howell Savage 10
32. H. Spargo Savage 6

*Ties broken by Stage 4 score

TSCpictures002.jpg

A big thanks to steve and joe for putting togather such a great match. one day i will try to win one of those so called shoot offs. and another big thanks to curtis for working so hard for all of the great doorprizes.

This weekend folks. It may have slipped up on us due to the holiday. Be there or be square, this is where all the cool kids hang out!

Anyone make any pictures of the new stages?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This weekend folks. It may have slipped up on us due to the holiday. Be there or be square, this is where all the cool kids hang out! </div></div>

D'oh, stupid Holiday weekend being the first Sat of the month. I thought it was this weekend.
frown.gif

I hope you didn't make the drive down to find the match was last weekend.

Just come to the Two Gun match on the 22nd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope you didn't make the drive down to find the match was last weekend.

Just come to the Two Gun match on the 22nd. </div></div>

Fortunately I saw this Friday, so I didn't drive over and find out. I'd love to do the 2gun match, but have tentative plans already for Sat. Will let you know if that changes. If not see ya'll in Oct and hopefully Dec.

Hey Jim...........

Sorry guys. Please accept my apologies for not getting the results up from the last shoot. My day job has really been kicking my ass and any spare minute has been in the shop.

I will try and get the September results posted tomorrow.

Remember that the October match will be the last TSC match for 2012.

Thanks,
SR

CVRPC .22 TSC Match Recap, September 8, 2012

Over the past couple months we have received several requests from the competitors to add some additional stages to the .22 TSC format. This month, we delivered. We had great conditions throughout the day with mild temps and the rains held off until all 24 relays were complete.

“Standing” made its return to the Stage 1 position and I think many shooters were surprised at how well they shot. Yes, this is certainly a tough stage – but it is certainly “doable” as proven by R. Brown with a great score of 14x18. We are going to add Standing (Stage 1) to our “draw positions” so keep in mind it could come back at any time. Practice up folks – being capable of making shots from freestyle and unsupported positions is an important part of tactical shooting. Not every shot you will ever encounter will be prone off a bipod. We also added “The Stairwell” which was basically a simulated stairwell wall with six potential choices for the shooter with step heights ranging from 8” to 58” – take your pick. A new twist to prone was added by placing a crosstie block for the firing platform. Folded bipod only. These positions really put some excitement and challenge back in the game for the competitors. We plan to have up to 8-10 shooting scenarios/positions possibilities to fire from each month for next year.

Again, thanks to all those that helped with the match before, during, and after. As a reminder, the October 13th match will be our last one of the 2012 season.

Thanks,
Steve Roe

September 8, 2012 Match Results:

1. S. Roe Anschutz 53 1st
2. B. Johnson Anschutz 50 2nd
3. P. Johnson Anschutz 43 3rd
4. J. Lassiter Anschutz 41
5. R. Brown Anschutz 40*
6. C. England Anschutz 40
7. D. Leonard Savage 38
8. B. Franklin Savage 37*
9. G. Houser Ruger 37
10. K. Smith CZ 36
11. T. McRary Anschutz 35
12. J. Sigmon Ruger 34
13. B. Rogers Vostok 33*
14. T. Fell Ruger 33
15. D. Underwood CZ 32*
16. Js. Sigmon Ruger 32
17. B. Howell Anschutz 25
18. D. Bailey CZ 22
19. K. Meares CZ 19*
20. M. Leonard Savage 19
21. J. Long CZ 19
22. H. Spargo Savage 17
23. D. Alexander Kimber 16
24. J. Garcia CZ 14

Team Event: S. Roe & B. Rogers 86

Heads up folks! LAST match of the 2012 season is this Saturday 13th. Our "Shooter of the Year" competition will likely come down to scores fired in this match. Trophies will be awarded for SOTY 1st -3rd and 1st place Junior.

Hope to see you then.

Thanks,
SR

CVRPC .22 TSC Match Recap, October 13, 2012

The 2012 .22 Tactical Steel Challenge season is in the books. Today’s match was held under sunny skies, temps in the 50’s-60’s, with light winds. A total of 25 competitors helped us close out the season and determine the overall year end standings. We had a great match today with some of the best eastern NC style barbeque I have had in years provided by T McCloskey – Thanks Tom for the BBQ!

Todd Holt brought out his Cooper and picked up where he left off and fired a 52 for the match win – and it qualified him for the best-of-five match aggregate standings. Great shooting Todd and glad to have you back at CVRPC. Jim Roe fired a 51 for a solid 2nd place finish which was enough for him to take over the “Shooter of the Year” top slot. Jim needed to fire a 50 or better to take over the overall standings and did just that. S. Roe finished the day in 3rd place with a 50, which wasn’t enough to maintain his lead in the standings. SR needed a score of 55 to maintain the standings lead and it wasn’t meant to be. Congrats Jim on an outstanding season and a great come from behind win! Dylan Roe shot a solid 43 today for the Junior win, but younger sibling Jay Roe had enough points stored up to take the top spot for the 2012 Junior Champion. Great shooting to you both.

We have had a great season this year with a total of 54 different shooters coming out and giving TSC a try. We’re most thankful for another competitive and safe season and we continue to see the match grow in popularity. With the addition of challenging new shooting positions and stages planned for 2013, next year promises to be even better.

Special thanks go out to all that help each month with the mowing, range prep, and set up and tear down. See you in March!

Thanks,
Steve Roe

October 13, 2012 Match Results:

1.T. Holt Cooper 52 1st
2.J. Roe Anschutz 51 2nd
3.S. Roe Anschutz 50 3rd
4.B. Johnson Anschutz 46*
5.T. McCloskey Winchester 46
6.K. Meares CZ 45*
7.G. Houser Ruger 45
8.D. Roe Anschutz 43 1st Jr.
9.D. Leonard Savage 41*
10.J. Lassiter Anschutz 41
11.D. Underwood CZ 41
12.B. Franklin Savage 41
13.C. England Anschutz 41
14.J. Sigmon Ruger 38
15.K. Smith CZ 37
16.L. Cline Ruger 36
17.J. Long CZ 33*
18.D. Alexander Kimber 33
19.P. Johnson Anschutz 31*
20.Jy. Roe Anschutz 31
21.B. Lewis CZ 29
22.T. Winters Savage 23
23.H. Spargo Savage 22
24.J. Sigmon Ruger 20 (DNF)
25.B. Howell Anschutz 19

“The Gauntlet” side match: S. Roe 9+9

Team Event: J. Roe x 2 102

22 TSC 2012 “Shooter of the Year” Aggregate Standings (5 match avg)

1. J. Roe 53.80 pts
2. S. Roe 53.40 pts
3. B. Johnson 51.60 pts
4. T. Holt 51.20 pts
5. R. Brown 48.40 pts
6. T. McRary 47.80 pts
7. G. Johnson 47.60 pts
8. G. Houser 47.40 pts
9. C. England 46.20 pts
10. P. Johnson 39.00 pts

Junior Champion: J. Roe 45.50 pts (4 match avg)

Thanks to all who make this match possible on a monthly basis! I wish I could have made a few more matches this year, but my priorities were understandably elsewhere. The few matches I did make were a very welcome respite from the rigors of that situation. I look forward to renewing the competition once again in the Spring. I was very please with the performance my old Win 52B gave. I’ll also make sure to bring the BBQ again next year either in Sept or Oct.

"That old gun shot good" - Joe Savage

Hide Members:

Here is a view of the fun that we had in 2012. Would like all of those interested to come by and shoot with us in 2013.

First match is March 9, 2013.

The video is primarily of the 211 Yard Targets, and the split screen really gives you an indication of the time to impact.

Enjoy:

I hope so and I can't believe the first match of 2013 will be in less than two weeks! This winter has flown by.

I am ready and waiting! Just got my scope back from leupold and now has the right retical. Are we still planning on setting up the course on friday around 2 or 3?

hey guys thanks for a great match yesterday had alot of fun getting the cobb webs out for the first of the year. keep up what you are doing. everyone if you want to be envolved in one of the funist 22 matches come out next month and shoot with us. Also thanks to everyone involved.