• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Conover NC .22 TSC - OCTOBER 8, 2011 Results Up

Re: Conover NC .22 Tactical Steel Challenge 2011

If you've never shot this event you are missing the BEST .22 rifle match that's ever been shot. Its a competition but you wouldn't know it because of all the help given and the friendships started. I've shot a lot of different events and this is one of the best. These guys have done heck of a job putting this together and running it every month. Thanks guys!
See you next month!

What are folks running for an optics base? Simply higher 20moa rails or offset rings to get that .22lr zero'd at 240 yards?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bp78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are folks running for an optics base? Simply higher 20moa rails or offset rings to get that .22lr zero'd at 240 yards? </div></div>
Some are running canted rails, some are running +MOA inserts, some run a combination of the two. I run a +25MOA Murphy Precision rail and a MK4 Leupold 16X with M1 turrets, not likely to run out of elevation even out to 350yds

I'm running a 20 moa dip, with Burris Zee insert rings. I got enough to get just past 400.

Hey all. Just a couple weeks till the match. Let us know if you plan to attend. We have plenty of room but we like to plan ahead. Match fees are cheap and it is great practice and there is always the chance to win some money!

I'm I'm sadly gonna miss one. I will instructing at a survival school during the match but everyone that can should attend this match. It has the most fun factor of any match I have been to in my 30 year shooting career!

I'm already bummed I'm gonna miss it.

Hate I am going to miss it but June looks hopeful and July very promising. I may bring my 15 year old daughter in July and see what she can do. Good luck bro!

sleep.gif

Enjoyed This Match And Met Several New People Again Today! Maybe One Day I'll Be Able To Get My Score Up!!

I could have picked up some shooter along the way but nobody replied.

BOY did y'all miss out.

Just a few minutes of drizzle but NO WIND the whole match ( not that helped my score ) until the side match when it picked up to about 5 mph.

Word of wisdom, don't go without your dope. I had my dope for the first two stages and did quite well (dropped one shot each stage) but I decided last minute to attend this match and did not get what I needed for the 3rd and 4th stages in time before I left.

It was a FUN match with cash pay out for the Older Boys and the Younger Boys got Medals (they would rather of had the cash).

If you intend on attending one of these matches you will be sorry if you don't attend the big shin dig match in July or August (CRS attack here).

Food, Door Prizes, and lots of FUN.

That's my spin on todays event.

I want to thank the guys that put on the match and the club for letting them. I want to thank every one that gave me support at the match as well.

The guy spotting for me won the match today. He was my one man entourage (minus our theme music).

I hope to see y'all at the next match.

CVRPC 22 TSC Match recap,5/14/2011

If I could describe the match in one word it would have to be "better than expected", technically 3 words but I am not so good with the math. The day started pretty dreary and damp but warmed up and some sunny scores were posted. The wind was calm most of the day with only a slight breeze during the side match. Temps were about perfect in the low 70s but the sun did pop out and edged up to muggy low 80s, about what can be expected in Carolina in May.
May is our bumblebee season on the 200M firing line and they were buzzing by the hundreds just in front of our muzzles but as I promised not one sting was forthcoming. They seem to love the dirt just in front of the fireing line.

Several new faces were present on the firing line today and every one wore a smile, this is obviously a very fun and challenging match. The roster has changed greatly from month to month and if we ever get everyone at the range at the same time we will have a very busy day. Thanks to all our new competitors for making the trip to check out this exciting sport. On to the bragging.

I announced to all the competitors that Steve R. was on vacation and as such had kicked the door open and it was up to them to walk through. G. Johnson took advantage of that open door and posted an impressive score of 55 followed closely by J. Roe with a 54. R. Brown stepped up to the plate with a nice 43 for the 3rd place spot. Our top juniors were JB Roe in 1st and J. Sigmon in 2nd. S. Poplin came too close for comfort with a 42 and certainly the best time on the plate machine with his 10/22. I believe he ran the plate machine in what seemed like 30 seconds, very impressive as this was Mr Poplin's first TSC match at CVRPC. J. Grady had his first match with us and posted a 40 with a Spikes dedicated AR15 upper which I thought was very impressive. D. Adams showed up with no dope past 100yds and posted an impressive 37. Looking back at his stage 1 and 2 scores he will truly be a force when he gets his dope worked out for 3 and 4 stages! Thanks to all the new guys, you are helping us to grow this match.

A special thanks to G. Northam who called the line today with the utmost perfection all while on crutches. Your service is greatly appreciated my friend. Thanks to all who set targets today and special thanks to Ronny, Curtis, Bryan, Brandon, David, Jimmy and Jaybird its poor pay fellas but it is sincere!

We are moving forward on plans for the Championship Match in August and I can tell you that some of the door prizes will be phenominal. We have in hand a Boker brand tactical knife and it is impressive. If you would like to help sponsor the match please contact Steve (Apache308) or myself. This match is selling a lot of gear locally and across the country.

Remember the second Saturday of every month and put us on your calendar. Next match is June 11th. Congrats to all the winners.

May 14th results:

1.G.Johnson Anschutz 55 1st
2.J.Roe Anschutz 54 2nd
3.R.Brown Martini 43 3rd
4.S.Poplin 10/22 42
5.J.Lassiter CZ 41
6.J.Grady AR15 40
7.B.Rogers Anschutz 39
8.C.England CZ 37*
9.B.Johnson CZ 37*
10.D.Adams Sako 37*
11.T.McRary Anschutz 34
12.S.Caudill Savage 31
13.N.Goelzer Anshutz 30
14.JB Roe CZ 25 1st Junior
15.K.Church Savage 22
16.JM Sigmon 10/22 19 2nd Junior
17.J.Sigmon 10/22 18
18.R.Shew Savage 11
19.D. Bailey CZ 11

*Ties broken by 4th stage score.

Team Event: G.Johnson and J.Lassiter- 96

"The Gauntlet" Side match: K.Church 7x10 +4
B.Rogers 7x10 +3
D.Adams and K.Church about to take on "The Gauntlet"
P1020190.jpg

What a team! score of 96
P1020189.jpg

G.Johnson taking top prize in CASH!
P1020188.jpg

J.Roe to the left of the yellow shirt counting second place cash and R.Brown in the blaze orange wondering where he will spend 3rd place cash.
P1020187.jpg

1st place junior JB Roe....that kid can shoot!
P1020186.jpg

2nd place junior JM Sigmon a worthy competitor.
P1020185.jpg

A few tweeks on the old Quad and dope for stages 3 & 4 and I should place ALOT better than my score today.

I knew that my scores would tank on 3 & 4 before I ever fired the first shot of the match.

Firing Line pictures from today.

P5141507.jpg

P5141508.jpg

BUMBLE BEES GALORE!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B5sqD3gxRkU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B5sqD3gxRkU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well you're good at typing, how about posting up some of the pictures you took.

A few tweeks and more dope and I should place ALOT better than my score today. </div></div>

Will do Dennis. The hour is late and I will download pics tomorrow evening.
Again that was great score considering you were shooting on the fly. I appologize I wasn't able to spot for you but you were in good hands with G. Johnson glassing for you, I would consider him one of the best spotters on the line.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Gish trigger job and dope for stages 3&4 for next month.

When I show up, y'all will be shooting for 2nd place. </div></div>
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
REEAAAALLLYYYYY....June is gonna be fun to the 25th power!

It's on man!
laugh.gif

I'm gunna bring some of that NC money back to VA with me next time.
grin.gif

I really like the format y'all have.

I need a couple more VA boys to ride down with me so we can make a clean sweep.

Hey Dennis! Glad you made it down and liked the match. Oh...one thing...On your prediction for next month you forgot one thing......

I'll be back.
cool.gif

SR

Do I need to take bets and lay odds on over/unders for the next match?
smile.gif
If the wind blows all bets are off.

What's wrong, you can't shoot in the wind?

Better get to practicing.

Tell ya what... you can get in some good practice by dry firing with a window fan or two blowing around your position at different directions. LOL.....

We'll talk about the side bets later.

Jaybird said that he didn't mind at all if you wanted to shoot with him in the Jr's.LMAO.
smile.gif

Seriously try and get Lynwood and Walter to help out with some door prizes for the big shooting match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's wrong, you can't shoot in the wind?

Better get to practicing.

Tell ya what... you can get in some good practice by dry firing with a window fan or two blowing around your position at different directions. LOL.....

We'll talk about the side bets later. </div></div>

A tuner (certificate) would definitely be very cool!!!
smile.gif

If Harrell's would be that generous it would be greatly appreciated and accepted with modesty because that's alot to ask for. Harrel's Precision makes some VERY high quality tuners.

I've had a little bit of spare time to play with my Harrell's tuner and I have to say it did enhance the accuracy of the MPR. There's something to it no BS! You could actually see the characteristics of grouping change with each revolution of the tuner. It was obvious when you hit the sweet spot.
wink.gif

Annie will be wearing the tuner next match if I can over come the pressure to perform.LOL
She's already far exceeded my abilities to shoot anyway.LMAO

JR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I could use a Medal or two... great idea.

Cash AND an Award.

What kind of stuff does he have that would make a good prize for a rimfire match?

A Tuner (certificate)? </div></div>

What about a couple of gift certificates instead of just one Tuner?

That way we can "spread the wealth".

I talked to Lynwood and he said that he would be ok with what ever I decided.

Let me know what y'all think.

I say a couple certificates would be great, I can't speak for Steve but judging by what we have discussed thus far that is probably the route we will go with a lot of the sponsors we are approaching. Thanks for your help Dennis.

Just bring all your "Lunch Money" with ya next time.

I think we should do a side bet winner take all.

Scored the same as the match.

Ties broken by stage four hits.

Wind, rain, sunny, cloudy....

What do y'all think?

That would be awesome. Thank you, Dennis, for your help and generosity.

JR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about a couple of gift certificates instead of just one Tuner?

That way we can "spread the wealth".

I talked to Lynwood and he said that he would be ok with what ever I decided.

Let me know what y'all think. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just bring all your "Lunch Money" with ya next time.

What do y'all think? </div></div>

I am always up for side bets. What if you are tied on all stages? Shootoff aggreed to b all parties? We will work something out. This has already turned into a bigger gamble than my poker playing.

Hey Dennis - I just wanna let you and the Harrell's know that any assistance with the door prizes is greatly appreciated. It does not have to be anything "big" but we will not turn it down either. Again, anything is appreciated.

We are starting to pull things together for the August shoot and hopefully will have a table full of quality door prizes and a healthy purse for 1st through 5th place. The more shooters the higher the purse. Right now we are at $250 for 1st place. I will have an update, flyer and make a new post announcing the match later this week.

Thanks, SR

Man, $250 will do me good Steve.

I figure that a couple of $50 certificates good for any Harrell's products would have been better than just one Tuner. Maybe I can get three. That's about the price of one tuner split 3 ways.

I'm up for side bets.
grin.gif

I've lost my lunch money at this match so many times that frozen meals are actually starting to taste good.
LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just bring all your "Lunch Money" with ya next time.

What do y'all think? </div></div>

I am always up for side bets. What if you are tied on all stages? Shootoff aggreed to b all parties? We will work something out. This has already turned into a bigger gamble than my poker playing. </div></div>

Come on down.

Don't be shy.

I didn't really know what to expect last match (my 1st time there).

Lot of good ol' boys (and gals, when they show up).

Trust me, you WIIL have a good time.

Just be sure to bring some disposable income so you can enter the "Gauntlet" and what ever else evolves. My truck drinks lots of gas so I need all the money I can bring back with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HEARNOEVIL308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Theys alot of smack talking going on... I dont know if i should come or not? </div></div>
You ain't skeered. You boys need to get over there and practice. All you got to do is let me know when you want to go.

We should have hats for sale by the next match. They will be $10 each. Cotton,khaki,low-pro golf style hats with a really nice .22 TSC logo.

Re: Conover NC .22 TSC - MAY Results Up

If my work schedule stays on track, I should be able to make the trip over from Raleigh this month. I've been following this match since Feb, but just haven't been able to get my schedule to work out yet. I might be bringing along one or two other Hide members from the area.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If my work schedule stays on track, I should be able to make the trip over from Raleigh this month. I've been following this match since Feb, but just haven't been able to get my schedule to work out yet. I might be bringing along one or two other Hide members from the area.
cool.gif
</div></div>
That sounds great. Carpooling is the way to go and you will have a great time!

Looking forward to hopefully "competing" in June. Got the new stick setup with a rail and glass, now all I need is to get out and shoot some and see what it will do. I'm not joining the trash talk yet, but if a have a good week at the range then maybe....

Don't fret the trash talk Dan it ain't nuthin but talk
smile.gif
Glad to hear you will try and make it out to shoot June 11th. What kind of rifle did you get set up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't fret the trash talk Dan it ain't nuthin but talk
smile.gif
</div></div>

I just want to put doubt in their minds prior to the match, thats all, A-pl8.

Hey Ironman, throw a couple of boxes of ammo and your rifle in the truck and head on over. You'll have a blast ( I guarantee that). It's a fun match and those boys know how to make it run pretty smooth.

We had a good time last month and hope to do the same at the next match.

I had a great time shooting with the group a couple months ago. My "
Competitive" comment was based on last time i shot my Sig 522, it is a
Fun little gun but Lacks what is needed for a precision match. I just put
Together a Savage MK II TR with a bushy 3200 x10 on a EGW 20 moa
Base. Gonna try and get some dope with wolf match and extra so maybe
I can hit some steel this time around.

The Savage should make you competitive. Nothing wrong with an AR variant, there was a 40 shot with one last match. I like the 10x40 Bushnell, I have one on my Unlimited Standing XP that I use in IHMSA cometition and managed a 30x40 last month. I am going to bend Bushnell's ears and try to get them to make this scope in a 16x variant. Probably won't happen but askin is half of gettin.
Make sure and get your dope for 240yds as the "Gauntlet" is well recieved andwe plan to continue to evolve this side match through the summer. Get ready for "something new" from the Gauntlet this month.
If anyone has ideas on new stuff you would like to see let us know. We are constantly thinking to improve and tweak the stages and side match to boost interest. I don't know that we need to do this but we want to continue to keep it fresh.
I want to take an oportunity to say a bit about changes we make. When we make a change we don't go out and hammer the course to bone up on the competition. We DO NOT SHOOT THE COURSE IN PRACTICE. Matter of fact most of us are lucky to get out to practice at all. Testing ammo and confirming dope is all we do and that is done with the sighter plates. I will tell you to strive for MOA accuracy as much as possible because that is very close to what is needed on this course. Get out and practice plenty before the match in June.
Tips:
Try to shoot steel if you can. Cold rolled 1018 will be fine for practice 1/4-3/8" thickness is fine.
Use a single grade 8 bolt to hang your swingers and use a couple stop nuts between your ground stake and the swinger. A simple hole through a square of steel is all you need to hang it up. Hole through your stake for the bolt to go through, stop nut to tighten and nut to loosely hold the swinger on the bolt in a manner that allows some slop.
There are many ways to make a swinger, hang it with chain on a cross bar etc. Make sure it is thick enough not to be dented by a 22lr standard velocity.

Yall had too much fun without me last month! I'll be there this weekend. Bring something to wipe your tears with!

MUH-HAHahahahahahahaah

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apache308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
COURSE:

• Stage 1: 57 yards. 5 precision shots on decreasing size plate "machine" (1.375" to .750") prone; 5 (possible) targets Standing position; 2 available "bonus" precision shots. All prone shots are with bipod or non mechanical front rest. No rear rest or bag.

• Stage 2: 112 yards. 10 shots fired from a barricade/cover position. Use of bipod permitted. No rear rest or bag.

• Stage 3: 163 yards. 10 shots fired from a defilade or “hide” type position. Prone with bipod or non mechanical front rest. No rear rest or bag.

• Stage 4: 210 yards. 10 shots prone with bipod or non mechanical front rest. No rear rest or bag.

• Targets are IPSC “style” AR235 steel in sizes ranging from 3.5” to 8.5” in height.

• A sighter target will be available at each Stage.

• The course of fire will consist of various size IPSC style targets and will also include “hostage” style scenarios, partially blocked or hidden targets, diminishing size precision reactive targets, and other possible scenarios at the Match Directors discretion.

• Targets will be engaged from the Standing, Barricade/cover, and Prone positions.

• Course of fire will consist of 48 rounds.
You will encounter 12 targets total at each stage; At Stage 2, Stage 3, and Stage 4, six free-standing targets worth 1 pt each, 4 aggressor/hostage style targets worth 2 pts each - but with a -1 pt hostage kill penalty, and 2 very challenging "option" targets worth 3 pts each - but also with a -1pt hostage kill penalty. So thats 12 available targets with varying difficulty, and with varying risk vs. reward. 10 shots, 12 targets, you decide.

NOTE: Course and targets may vary slightly at match director's discretion.
</div></div>

Is your COF still basically the same or have you canged it some since the start?
Are you still allowing sighters?

Our COF has not changed since 2011 started. We will likely keep this COF for the remainder of the year as far as I know but I do not have the final word on that. We have side matches at the end of the regular match and those we change up quite a bit. Yes we still allow sighters at each stage.
Are you coming to see us from Idaho. If you are let me know and I can give you some info on hotels in the area.Let me know, if you are traveling that far we might have to roll out the red carpet
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you coming to see us from Idaho. If you are let me know and I can give you some info on hotels in the area.Let me know, if you are traveling that far we might have to roll out the red carpet
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Thanks! but the travel budget is not that big.
Would be fun.

I'm actually looking for new ideas for the local .22Tac Matches.

Here is an example of one type of COF running locally here
http://www.parmarng.org/index.php/match-scores/194-3-26-11-22-cof