• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Conover NC .22 TSC - OCTOBER 8, 2011 Results Up

Re: Conover NC .22 TSC - MAY Results Up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yall had too much fun without me last month! I'll be there this weekend. Bring something to wipe your tears with!

MUH-HAHahahahahahahaah </div></div>
Good news Tres. I had my daughter find one of her Barbie doll hankies so I am covered for a crying towel. I will bring you a flour sack for your tears.....LMAO.

We had a good match today.

About 40 shooters.

I did manage to take some cash winnings back to VA this time.

Those that didn't make it missed another good shoot.

A big thanks to TreMon for spotting/scoring for me. I really liked his company.

Oh Yeah, almost forgot.... TresMon, you forgot that box of powder and boolits. I think Joe took them home with him.

I have your bullets and powder Tres. I am broke as a haint or I would have bought them today. I will keep them safe. If you want to advertise the bullets for sale I will drop ship them for you. I can't ship the powder but I may take it off your hands.
It was a great match and I was very pleased to see so many juniors shooting. I attained a personal best today so even though I didn't win I was happy. I am glad Dennis took home some money so he can quit crowing
laugh.gif
Steve will likely have a match report up soon......I am killed and smell like a mule that has plowed all day. Shower time.

Are you sure that you didn't drop that hostage so I could take home some winnings?

Yeah, that's what it was.

That's a pretty sweet rifle Steve build ya man. Solid piece of equipment.

It was a pretty hot day thats for sure. At least the storms kept east of us until the match was said and done.

Can't wait until next month. I got a few things to add to my kit.

It was good meeting new 'Hide members today. It's nice to put faces with names. I hope to see / meet more of y'all next match so if ya aint shot the match yet, you NEED to get yourself some good shooting ammo, make sure you have good dope for ALL of the stages and come on down and shoot.

Those that put on the match did a bang up job again. The match ran as smooth as could be expected.

There were several guys snapping pics.... hopefully they will post up some.

Here are the ones I took.

P6111522.jpg

P6111527.jpg

P6111532.jpg

P6111533.jpg

I have been acting like a 3 ring circus in the shooting community to communicate how great this little match is as well as the people that attend & run it.

Finally 6 friends listened and committed to coming with me this month so I borrowed my folks mini-van so we could car pool and save on gas for the 6 hours round trip. 2 backed out so TN showed up 5 strong.

5 fellas headed back to TN after the match agreeing on what a great match and great group of folks we were in the midst of.

Big thanks to the men that run the match. I know it's a lot of work and your TIRED after the end at the end of the day.

HUGE thanks to Brandon & Bryan for taking care of little Andrew on his first match. The kid has no clue he was shooting "Jewelry." His dad's rifle that he planned on shooting WAS NOT WORKING.

Thank you Pl8 for spotting for me. You helped me big but I still can't hit the ground with my hat! That's not on you. Thanks for the ammo. I'm eager to set it free and see how it does.

Thank you J&J Roe for letting my newbie friends use your bipod.

I missed last month and it was like missing a family reunion. You guys are great. Thanks for promoting shooting in general- you guys really make it easy to get bit by the bug.

Good to meet you Dennis in VA. It was good to give all the info I could to a shooter and them use it all and not be overwhelmed. You score shows your ability to listen AND do all the mechanics of shooting ALL sat the same time. Good job.

Thanks for grabbing the components I left behind Pl8. I leave crap everywhere I go- ugh.

It was a great match today.
Fun and addicting as always.
Glad to see the good turn out of shooters and especially all the Jr shooters. The guys at CVRP do alot of hard work to make this match happen. And alot of work setting targets on match day. Thank you. I felt like I was gonna stroke out just standing under the shed. LOL. Gonna bring lots of Gatorade next month for sure.

CVRPC .22 TSC Match Recap, June 11, 2011

The heat is on! Today’s match was a hot one with temps in the mid 90’s and a heaping helping of Carolina humidity. The wind was calm to 5mph for most of the day but the mirage began to boil as terra firma heated up. A total of 39 shooters from NC, VA, TN, and SC went to the line today for our highest turnout to date with several first time TSC shooters in attendance. Several of our regulars were not present for various reasons but very soon the possibility of 50 shooters will become a reality. With 39 shooters today, and the heat, it was a tough day for the target setters and match officers.

Today was our 7th TSC match and another new face stepped into the winner’s circle. This makes 6 different winners in 7 matches. Jeremy Abbott shooting in only his second TSC match, took home first place ca$h by piloting his Savage-Anschutz Model 10 (Nikon optics) to the top of the heap with a very nice score of 56. Jeremy “cleaned” the difficult 210 yard Stage 4 with a perfect score. Great shooting Mr. Abbott!! Steve Roe posted a 50 for 2nd place honors shooting an Anschutz MPR topped with a Leupold MK4 16X. Dennis Adams from VA, shooting in only his second match as well, finished in the money with a very strong score of 49 shooting his Lilja barreled, Manners stocked, Nightforce scoped Sako Quad, a most impressive stick indeed – and nice shooting as well Dennis! This match continues to see a wide array of quality rifles from insanely accurate 50 yr old Martini’s, to custom built 40X’s, Sako’s, Savages, CZ’s, Ruger’s and Anschutz’s and more up and down the line. In the top four this month we had a vintage Savage-Anschutz Model 10, a bone stock Anschutz MPR, a custom Sako, and a CZ 452. Optics range from BSA’s to Mueller’s, to Bushnell’s, to Nikon’s, to Vortex’s, to NF’s, to MK4’s. All are competitive.

We had a great showing of Jr. shooters today with six competitors 15 YO or under. 11 year old Jacob Roe took the 1st place medal proudly with an incredible score of 41. Folks that’s 7th place overall. Jay’s older bro Dylan Roe posted a 36 for 2nd place which was impressive as well as he has missed a match or two due to his Legend’s car racing (which he is impressive at as well). James Sigmon’s scores continue to rise each month and posted a 28 this month to take home 3rd place. Great shooting James! Thanks to all who take the time to bring out the Jr. shooters.

Our new system of running “dual banks” of targets is running smoothly. With 39 shooters today it was a good test for our upcoming Championship match in August. We anticipate being able to handle up to 50 shooters. At our July 9th match, we will begin taking pre-registration for the Championship August match. Please see the separate posting regarding details for the August match.

As noted above today was a tough day on the match officials/target setters. At the end of the day there were a few of us that were just plain exhausted from the heat and busy match pace. Several guys helped throughout the day and it is greatly appreciated. Special thanks to those who help set up and tear down before and afterward. We could not do it without you.

The match continues to grow and we couldn’t be more excited - and are most appreciative of those who shoot and support the match. Thanks to all who came out to shoot and we hope to see you in July!!

June 11th Match Results:

1. J. Abbott Sav-Anz 56 1st
2. S. Roe Anschutz 50 2nd
3. D. Adams Sako 49 3rd
4. J. Lassiter CZ 46
5. T.McReary Anschutz 43*
6. T. Monceret CZ 43
7. Jay Roe CZ 41 1st Jr.
8. R. Brown Martini 39
9. T. Fell Ruger 36*
10. K. Church Rem 40X 36
11. D. Roe Anschutz 36
12. B. Rogers Anschutz 35
13. T. Holt Ruger 34
14. J. Yale CZ 33*
15. J. Kennedy Ruger 33
16. T. McCloskey CZ 32
17. J. Roe Anschutz 31*
18. D. Leonard Savage 31
19. S. Caudill Savage 31
20. B. Johnson CZ 31
21. S. Poplin Ruger 29
22. G. Houser Sav-Anz 28*
23. Js. Sigmon Ruger 28
24. J. Sigmon Ruger 27
25. D. Frisbee Savage 26
26. R. Parker CZ 24*
27. S. Fox Ruger 24
28. C. Frisbee Savage 21*
29. I. Grady Spikes AR 21
30. A. Goddard Ruger 20
31. J. Grady Spikes AR 19
32. J. Murgo Savage 18*
33. B. Holt CZ 18
34. H. Grady Spikes AR 17
35. J. Fox Ruger 16
36. T. St.Germain Savage 12
37. D. Goddard Ruger 10
38. N. Fox Ruger 8
39. N. Goelzer Anschutz DNF

(*Ties broken by Stage 4 score)

Team Event: D. Roe. & S. Roe 86

“The Gauntlet” Side Match: S. Roe 9 pts
D. Adams 8 pts
B. Johnson 7 pts

Busy firing line:
June2011TSCPhotos004.jpg

Jr. shooter on Stage 3:
June2011TSCPhotos005.jpg

'Hide member Bunson at work on Stage 4:
June2011TSCPhotos006.jpg

CZ 452 and Anschutz MPR in waiting:
June2011TSCPhotos009.jpg

A couple of Savage MK II's awiating their turn:
June2011TSCPhotos008.jpg

Custom 40X in action:
June2011TSCPhotos012.jpg

Sako Quad, Manners, Lilja:
June2011TSCPhotos019.jpg

Had a great time at the range yesterday. The savage seams to have promis, I just
Need to learn how to drive it. CF turned in a respectable score considering
The first trigger pull for him was in stage one at the sighter. Big thanks to all
For making my friends from Marion (the Fox's) welcome and to Mr Roe for the
Loan of the bi-pod. Looking forward to July.

Hey fellas, I'm one of Tres' "Overmountain Men" (T.Fell). I want to say thanks to armorpl8, apache and all the guys at CVRPC for putting on a fun and challenging match. It was a real pleasure to spend the day with a bunch of great guys, cool guns and some friendly competition. Anybody who hasn't come to one of these to matches, come on out next month. You'll have a blast and you'll have a match under your belt for the "big match" in Aug. I'm looking forward to next month, and I want to say THANKS to Tres for all his help and letting me know of these matches. See y'all in July.

PS armorpl8 and apache, Snipers Hide owes you guys some boot for getting a new member.

First and foremost I must say a big <span style="font-weight: bold">THANK YOU</span> to Apach308, Armorpl8ckikn, and the other members of CVRPC whom work tirelessly to put this match on monthly! Putting on a match like this is a labor of love. It's takes a lot of labor and a lot of love, and it shows guys. Job well done!

Second it was a pleasure to meet several other Hide members in addition to meeting many of the regulars that frequent this match. This is a very <span style="font-weight: bold">FUN</span> and Family friendly environment! It's always a good thing to see a contingent of Jr's participating and enjoying themselves. For the record I was bested by two of them. No voodoo those kids can shoot! I have a good first hand account since Jacob Roe and I shot on the same relay. He tore it up on Stage 4 (14 or 15 pts?) and bested me by 9 points overall. Here is a photo of the top 3 Jr's:
IMG_1788.jpg

The CoF description given in the first post of the thread doesn't do justice to the challenge, the strategy of risk/reward, and the fun factor this match generates. The challenge of accurately shooting .22LR at distances exceeding 100yds is well documented in the Rimfire Section here on the Hide so let us skip to an example of how the risk/reward aspect of this match can work for and against you.

First a brief refresher on scoring for the match. Stages 2-4 are each worth a maximum of 18points with the ten(10) shots allotted. They are each comprised of six(6) unobstructed targets worth 1pt, four(4) partially obstructed or hostage style targets worth 2 points, and two(2) obstructed bonus targets (which are reduced in size from all the other targets at that yardage) worth 3 points. Now the kicker is IF you knock over a hostage/blocker you lose one point(-1) and receive zero(0) points for the target behind it. That's the text version for the visual learners in the group it looks like this:
TSCPics031211003.jpg

[The 6in round disk to the left is the sighter disk, hostage/obstructions are blue/black, targets to be engaged are white.]

Looks pretty straightforward and simple right? There in lies the rub. Should you play it safe or throw caution to the wind and shoot all the high value targets? Tough choices and even tougher to execute dependent on conditions.

Now for the belated example I mentioned earlier:

Stage 3 = 7 points (3 targets hit) [1+3+3]
Stage 4 = 1 point (7 targets hit) [1+2-1-1+2-1-1]

Yes I crashed and burned in spectacular fashion on Stage 4, but at least I put EVERY hostage of of their misery with a headshot!
whistle.gif

I'm really sad I have to miss the July match, but looking forward to the August match.
grin.gif

Here are some of my match photos:
IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

I know my post was a bit short Saturday night and I appologize, I really was extremely tired.

A big thanks to Tres and Ironman for bringing carloads to the match. Thanks for encouraging these juniors! Hope you guys can continue to support our match.

Thanks to all who helped set targets during the day it is greatly appreciated!

It was a pleasure to meet so many new shooters and Hide members and we look forward to seeing you all each month through December. After Saturday we are all looking forward to October and cooler weather.

Thanks to all the guys that took pictures and posted them here, when I see hide members with cameras I breathe a sigh of relief for that is one less thing for me to worry about during the match. My camera was in the car but was not needed...thanks again fellas.

Tom had it right, this is a labor of love. We don't make any money and strickly volunteer our time and energy. A special thanks to Curtis. He was at the hospital the night before the match getting fluid taken off his knee and still he showed up for spotter duty and to handle the hat sales, it did not go unnoticed. He was whacked with a pipe wrench Friday afternoon and we hope he is ready and healed up for July and August. Thanks to all who set up and tore down after the match, you know who you are, you are irreplacable.

Thanks for all the kind words from all of you guys, knowing that you had a good time is very encouraging.

I am especially proud of all the juniors and the fathers who took the time to bring them out to this match. I am the father of 2 girls so I envy you gentlemen. Keep at it and continue to encourage these young men in the shooting sports. I shudder to think of what may happen to the squirrel populations in your area this fall, were you to release these "snipers" into the woods!

Kudos to Jaybird! Uncle Steve and myself had a bet going that you would soon break into the forties and you did indeed, keep it up and the winners circle is in your future.

Hope to see you all next month on the second Saturday.

OMG!!! I'm bald!! I gotta get a freakin' hat.

Seriously - Thanks for the drilldown on the course Bunsen and for the additional photos. Thanks again to all who help throughout the day and behind the scenes to make this thing happen.

For those in the area who have yet to try their hand at the 22 TSC....Looks easy right??? HeHeheheheh....B.b.bwwwahahahaha. Come on out and shoot with us next month. We welcome all the shooters we can accomodate and gaurentee you'll have a smile at the end of the day. It's a fun course.

SR

Hey everyone don't let this month catch you off guard.July 2nd is the first Saturday and the 9th is the second Saturday. I know that is a duh statement but when the month starts on a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, that second Saturday can slip up on you. Less than two weeks to go, be there or be square. Remember to bring your $25 entry fee for the August Championship as we will begin signing up at the July match.

Re: Conover NC .22 TSC - JUNE Results & Pics Up

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 17pt"> CONOVER R&P Club, TSC steel match LOST/FOUND</span></span></span>

After paying a premium for a 10 round CZ 452 mag and waiting 3 MONTHS for it to arrive, I'm happy to have it, but managed to lose the factory original 5 rounder at the last TSC match I attended.

If anyone found a cz452 22lr 5-Rounder, It's mine.

Thanks,
Dumb-butt

Re: Conover NC .22 Tactical Steel Challenge 2011

When is the next match date? I'm not very far from Conover. Will anybody there have an extra empty chamber plug? I don't own one. lol

PM me plz.

Re: Conover NC .22 Tactical Steel Challenge 2011

The next match is July the 9th. There are plenty of free OBI flags at the range, we make our own so they are readily available.
The Match occurs on the second Saturday in every month from now through December. PM sent.

does anyone know actual target sizes? if not ill be seeing you guys this saturday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know actual target sizes? if not ill be seeing you guys this saturday. </div></div>

Target size is fairly well covered on the first page of this thread. The IPSC style targets are 4 sizes from 3.5" to 8.5" tall. You may encounter any size at any range but generally they get bigger as the range increases, we may change the course at any time. Be prepared to shoot 1.5 MOA to be competitive 1 MOA to place in the money.
Look forward to meeting you Saturday.

hey, what are the small round things stacked on the shelf in some of the pictures?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey, what are the small round things stacked on the shelf in some of the pictures? </div></div>

Affectionately they are referred to as "Michelin Men" and for the June match they were the bonus targets on Stage 1. For scale I included an empty .22LR case in the one photo.

BTT since the match is tomorrow.

Sorry I'm going to be missing this one, but I get to shoot the big boy gun out to 1k tomorrow.
smile.gif

Remember to take some extra cash so you can pre-register for the Championship Match in Aug ($25). Also, they will have some very nice hats and shirts available as well. Good luck to all and see you in Aug.

If you were not at CVRPC in Conover today you missed one of the most incredible matches ever witnessed. A day of firsts that I will not soon forget was the rule of thumb. I can only give a few spoilers because my compadre and cheif match director has all the scorecards and stats but I am sure his full match report will be posted soon.

I want to thank all who participated today and especially the target setters. I rarely had to set a target today and believe me when I tell you it was a welcome respite. Last month nearly sidelined a few of us from heat exaustion and this month every time target setters were called out folks poured downrange. Thanks to those who brought a few extra four wheelers, words cannot express my gratitude. Thank you folks, in my book you are named among the saints.
I have never seen a match run more smoothly and efficiently and it was due to the tireless efforts of our match director S. Roe. He got our new PA system up and running despite his heavy work schedule and it payed off in spades. Thanks to all our club members as it was an all time high in attendance by CVRPC members. Thanks to our non members who make themselves at home. It is our desire that you feel welcome and appreciated.

Our thoughts and prayers are with B. Hubbard's daughter. She fell and broke her arm today and that broke my heart. I do hope she can return soon and shoot the match. It is our desire that the juniors and sub-juniors have a great time at our 22TSC match. I hope that everyone made it home safe and had a great time.

We had 2 shootoffs at the end of the match to decide who would take top three places! In a word this was unreal! My little buddy Jaybird shot a 47 today, and I do believe that places him in the top 7 AGAIN! I am as proud of him as if he were my own son. I think we should have a contest next month and call it,"Are you a better shot than a 5th grader." I can tell you this month my answer would be no. To top it all, Jaybird was having moderate to severe failure to extract problems with his Scout and STILL shot an impressive score.

The shootoffs were completely different this month with stage 3 men placed at stage 4. It became a strategy game instead of a pow-ding one point at a time race, very exciting. This was the next inevitable evolutionary step in 22TSC.

Thanks to those who took pictures and Ironman675 for taking some video that we wait for with great anticipation. Dan that was some rig you guys used for spotting!

We had 24 shooters pre-register for next month's championship match. We still have plenty of slots left so contact me or Apache308 if you would like to register.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LTd5kWXQ7DI&feature=youtu.be"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LTd5kWXQ7DI&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Just sent over from Ironman675. All I can say is WOW WOWEE WOW!
Many thanks Dan!!

Cool video Ironman! Thanks to all the guys at CVRPC for putting on a great match. See ya'll next month. And Shelby is OK, she was all smiles at dinner.

Folks as we have said time & time again, this is not an easy match. Don't discredit this match because it is shot with .22. It's a brutal match:
ShelbyXRay.jpg

But regardless of the carnage, ~EVERYONE~ is all smiles at the end of the day!

Shelby.jpg

As always thanks so much to everyone. It was great to see all my friends again.
My score stunk but it was wild to see 2 minutes worth of updraft on the little bullet in the head winds. Of course when I held 2 moa low it was good for only so many targets then just as I'd break the next shot on a target the wind would quit and I'd hit the hostage! I think I'll bring a .22 Hornet next month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> it was wild to see 2 minutes worth of updraft on the little bullet in the head winds. Of course when I held 2 moa low it was good for only so many targets then just as I'd break the next shot on a target the wind would quit and I'd hit the hostage! I think I'll bring a .22 Hornet next month. </div></div>

I'm with you brother! hit some steel dead on and then go over the top all day..

good to see your friends daughter is smiles again despite the broken arm

First - Let me say that I am so glad to see Shelby's smiling face. I was excited that she was going to shoot some steel on the last relay. She was having a great time and was excited about helping set targets..... and then she took a tumble in the grass. My heart just sank when Tres showed me the pic of her arm. Really glad to hear she is in good spirits. Come back to Conover when you can dear (hopefully next month) and a hat, tee shirt, and lunch is on me.

Dan - Hey man - Thanks for the video! That is awesome and captures a live snapshot of the action at TSC!!

My compadre has given a great summary of the day and it truly was a great match and ran flawlessly. Our new PA system and recorded range commands made the relays cycle through like a clock. The outstanding participation of the competitors setting targets and assisting throughout the day made it much easier on the line officers and myself. The army of folks who came out on Friday to help set up and stayed late yesterday and helped tear down reduced a tough task down to a matter of minutes. I cannot thank you enough.

The scores shot this month were the highest aggregate ever with 6 shooters of the total 41 competitors breaking the 50 mark. Folks, a 50 score on this course is no small feat and will test your rig, your concentration, and your ability to strategize during the middle of a string of fire. If you want to place near the top of the heap make a game plan - this ain't no pow-ding match. We had shoot-offs for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places with "change ups" of strategy witnessed during the string. That was really cool.

With the level of competition witnessed today, next month's Championship match promises to be truly awesome. Remember there will be a 1st place purse of $250 (minimum, a "Champion" hat AND a beautiful crystal trophy, with payout through 5th place. A local Scout troop will provide burgers, hotdogs, etc with cold refreshments. Add to that a nice table of door prizes and it promises to be a great day. We will cap out around 50 shooters and already have 24 signed up. Let armorpl8chkn (Joe) or myself know asap if you plan on attending.

I will have a breakdown of the match results later today with discussion of the top placing rigs.

Thanks,
Steve Roe

Great video Ironman. Thanks!

Chandler and I had a great time @ the July TSC playing with the new toy.
Since so many have ask about the spotting video system let me explain.
A couple months back I was in Wally world after the first time we shot the
TSC comp and decided to buy a spotting scope. All they had was a very cheap
Tasco, but for what I needed it for I thought it would do the job and I can upgrade
Later so I bought it and a tripod for $70.00

Well sitting at work about two weeks ago looking and reviewing security video footage
I got thinking it would be nice to " watch" the action at the range without having to stay bent over that eye piece all day. So what I came up with was mounting a web cam to the scope and viewing on my laptop. Here's what I did.
The tasco scope come with a screw on dust cap for the eyepiece, I drilled a 3/4" hole in the center of the cap( this also gave the proper relief ) and then modified the back of a Logitech c310 web cam by removing the mounting hardware and stay. I attached the cam to the scope cover with a wide rubber strap and vinyl tape.
The system works best at about 25-30 magnification and I am using MY CAM software for focus and recording. The great thing about the system is when I am shooting alone at the range I never have to get up and look thru the spoting scope again, just set my laptop next to me. Hell if I ever do something impressive I can even post it on you tube!
Oh and BTW the setup total cost was $112.00

Great shoot, we had a blast, who do we send entry fees to for the August shoot, Address? Here is a thought , maybe a long gun rack between two of the shed posts. We saw a rifle hit the ground from the table, made me sick and wasnt even mine. Plus it just feels wrong sitting with a gun pointed at you.

I am working on a gun rack for August I promise. We have never had that many shooters at this match and we are trying to keep up with it as it evolves. I want to personally appologize for any problems that arose and I want everyone to know we are working on solutions.

We are pleased you boys from Galax had a good time and thank you and Barry for spreading the word in your area. You fellas put up some great first time scores and expect you to do even better next month. Great meeting you guys! PM inbound on August registration.

Hi Tray:

'Glad you guys could come down and shoot with us and hope you had a great time. You posted some very respectable scores for your first time through and should be in the hunt in no time. Hope you can make it down for the August Championship. I will send you a PM with the address for the pre-registration.

Yes, I saw the gentleman drop his rig while placing it into his case and it made me cringe as well. Perhaps he will be more careful next time. We have discussed building some rifle racks and will take a closer look of this possibility. Placement will be crucial as to make accessibility easy without impeding the flow of match traffic. With 50+ people on the line everything must be considered. The strict enforcement of the club/match rule of open bolts and OBI usage is imperative no matter what type of storage is implemented. We have put forth a concerted effort to have enough tables for the competitor's gear and rigs and will continue to improve.

Thanks,

SR

CVRPC .22 TSC Match Recap, July 9, 2011

The level of competition at this match keeps ratcheting up every month with competitors reaching personal bests becoming commonplace. The scores shot this month were the highest aggregate ever with 6 shooters of the total 41 competitors making or breaking the 50 point mark. A score of 50 on this course is an achievement and as mentioned earlier will test your rig, your concentration, and your ability to strategize during the middle of a string of fire. This month we had shoot-offs for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places with "change ups" of strategy witnessed during the string. The shoot-offs were intense with two 10 shot strings required to establish both 1st and 2nd places and 3rd and 4th positions.

Our new PA system with recorded range commands worked great and made things much simpler on the line officers and kept the match on time. We strive to continue to improve the match as we grow. With our rapid growth comes new challenges and we promise to meet those needs head-on. Even though we have 7-8 large picnic tables in place for competitor’s gear, with participation approaching 50 shooters we are running out of room. For our August match we hope to have additional space and rifle racks in place. We want the match to grow and please continue to communicate to us what you feel will make the match better. I would again like to thank everyone who helped set up and tear down the match. As you know the course of fire requires a lot of parts and pieces and its no small task. Your help is appreciated.

I would like to comment on the importance of having a good spotter when shooting the .22 TSC. As this match is both accuracy and strategy based and the targets small, the importance of having the placement of every shot precisely communicated to the shooter is imperative. A good spotter not only helps relay impact data but also wind conditions, shot count, and gives advice on points potential and maximization based on the shooter’s performance thus far on the string. Effective communication between shooter and spotter is an absolute must. Practice this with your shooting partner so you’ll be on the same page come match day. K. Church posted a very impressive score of 58 and was in a heated 20 shot battle for the win this month. He noted that without the communication and coaching from his spotter J. Roe that his day would have been much tougher. Those guys worked great together as a team and it paid off in a great score and a shot at the overall win.

This month made the seventh different winner in eight matches and we also had our sixth different rifle make win in as many matches. We feel we’ve got something right as no single brand of rifle and no single shooter has dominated the match thus far. In first place this month was R. Brown shooting a vintage BSA Martini Mark II International. These things are truly a work of art. The superbly accurate single shot Mark II features an adjustable trigger, 29” barrel and prefers a steady diet of Federal Ultra Match ammo. Mr. Brown shoots a Leupold 4.5x14 LR atop the Martini. His opponent in the shoot-off was K. Church shooting a custom Remington 40X featuring a Shilen barrel with tuner, Choate Ultimate stock, with a Leupold 8.5x25LR up top. This 40X shows a preference for Federal Match ammo. Our third place shooter this month was yours truly shooting a box stock Anschutz MPR (64 action) with a Leupold MK4 16X (old football mil-dot reticle) mounted in Badger rings atop a DIP 20 MOA rail. Ammo once again was Federal Match. Other notable mentions are R. Holland’s $299 Vostock firing a score of 50, C. England’s Tacti-cool stocked CZ 452 also firing a 50, Jay Roe’s CZ 452 Scout firing a strong score of 47, and C. Choate firing a very impressive score of 45 with his Cooper in his first TSC match. As you can see there continues to be a wide variety of guns on the line ranging from box stock Savages, CZ’s, Ruger’s, and Anschutz’s to custom builds to vintage Martini’s. All can be competitive in this game.

With the level of competition witnessed today, next month's Championship match promises to be truly awesome. Remember there will be a 1st place purse of $250 (minimum, a "Champion" hat and a beautiful crystal trophy, with cash payout through 5th place. A local Scout troop will provide burgers, hotdogs, etc with cold refreshments. Add to that a nice table of door prizes and it promises to be a great day. We will cap out around 50 shooters and already have 24 signed up. Let armorpl8chikn (Joe L.) or myself know asap if you plan on attending.

Thanks,
Steve Roe

July 9th Match Results:

1. R. Brown Martini 58+11 1st
2. K. Church Rem 40x 58+10 2nd
3. S. Roe Anschutz 57 +15 3rd
4. G. Johnson Anschutz 57+14
5. R. Holland Vostok 50*
6. C. England CZ 50
7. D. Adams Sako 49
8. Jay Roe CZ 47 1st Jr.
9. J. Roe Anschutz 46
10. B. Rogers Anschutz 45*
11. C. Choate Cooper 45
12. D. Lail CZ 43
13. D. Roe Anschutz 43
14. T. WIlliams CZ 41*
15. N. Sipe Martini 41
16. J. Lassiter CZ 39
17. T. Monceret CZ 38
18. K. Sipe Martini 34*
19. B. Newman CZ 34
20. Js. Sigmon Ruger 31*
21. N. Goelzer Anschutz 31
22. P. Johnson Savage 30* High Lady
23. D. Frisbee Savage 30
24. S. Caudill Savage 29*
25. J. Sigmon Ruger 29
26. D. Bailey CZ 28*
27. B. Johnson Anschutz 28
28. T. McRary Anschutz 28
29. J. Abbott Rem 597 28
30. J. Murgo Savage 27
31. C. McDaniel Anschutz 26
32. B. Hubbard CZ 25*
33. C. Abbott Ruger 25
34. D. Sipe Rem 37 20
35. G. Houser Sav-Ans 19
36. B. Metts Win 52 18
37. C. Frisbee Savage 15
38. T. Fell Ruger 12
39. N. Fox Ruger 10
40. D. Gordon Anschutz 7
41. T. St.Germain Savage 5

(*Ties broken by Stage 4 score)

Team Event: D. Adams & G. Johnson 106 (new team record)

anyone know what kind of turn out theres gonna be in August?

Tray - We are going to have to cap the entries at 50. As of today with three weeks to go we have 31 registered shooters. 19 more slots open. SR

Hey everyone. We have 35 signed up and paid for the August 13th Championship match. The trophies are ordered and the sponsors are coming through with great door prizes. We have 15 slots open so if you plan to shoot this match you need to let us know. This will be one you don't want to miss!

Is there a match this Saturday the 10th?

As far as I know there should be one.

Those Conover boys just got back from Thunder Valley.

You ought to come on over and shoot this match and afterwards we can talk about teaming up for the BBQ match.

YES! We are shooting this weekend. I was going to bump this to the top just hadn't had time today with my plotting and planning a return to Thunder Valley. Come on out and shoot with us.

I tell ya I see now you can't get nothing past Dennis. I briefly mentioned maybe cooking some of my eastern NC style BBQ for the October match and he definately didn't forget! If it all works out I will indeed cook some for the match in October.

Well that sounds good Joe. That mention of cooking some vittles didn't make it to my ears. I was referring to the DMR match in the Raleigh area.

Skep-tic had posted that he was w/o a partner for the match, same as myself.

I have a 6.5mm something or another in the works as we speak. It will be specifically for Tactical matches. There's just TOO MANY options out there.

I wish I would have known ahead of time that y'all were going to Tom's.

I talk to him frequently when he call's to order brakes from us.

You can fill me in next week on how y'all did on the Intimidator.

I'm in--I know ya'll are shakin' in your boots now.

Yeah, I want to come. I sold the scope that was on my rifle and just mounted another one on it today. Will I have a chance to get zeroed prior to the match? If not it'll be a toss up to whether I make it or not because ill have to find time to get zeroed before Saturday. So..... I need someone to say "sure will get you dialed in on your zero no problem!"

Well I can tell ya from experience... you need dope for the four stages because there is no pre-match sight in.

My first match I had dope for the first two stages and winged it for the last two.

I still had FUN.

At bare bones minimum, I would have a dead nuts zero for the first stage and I can help get you squared away for the last three stages if need be.

You will need 30 MOA of elevation available past your 1st stage zero.

What distance do you guys normally zero at?

50 yards is the normal zero. Dennis told you correct there is no pre match sight in period, most anyone can find 50yds somewhere to get sighted in, and from there you get 2 sighters at each stage and if you use your head the course can be used to refine your dope and still make points.