• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Contact info for a injured soldier?

ejd049

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
Ft Worth, Texas
Long story short
My brothers friend was shot while on patrol in Afghanistan and is in ICU in Germany. Does any one know who his family can contact to get assistance to see him? He is station in Georgia and in the Army.
I have been out of the military awhile and not sure about the procedure. I mention to call his post and/or a congressman. Any info would help.

Thanks

Re: Contact info for a injured soldier?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long story short
My brothers friend was shot while on patrol in Afghanistan and is in ICU in Germany. Does any one know who his family can contact to get assistance to see him? He is station in Georgia and in the Army.
I have been out of the military awhile and not sure about the procedure. I mention to call his post and/or a congressman. Any info would help.

Thanks </div></div>
Call red cross and casualty assistance from the nearest post for assistance in helping out.

Where in GA is he stationed? Fort Benning? Casualty assistance contact for Georgia link

Good luck and I'll keep him and his family in my prayers!

I am thinking Ft Benning but he was not sure. I will pass the info to him.

Thanks for the info and prayers.

If you know anyone who has an AKO account they can search his name in the white pages and find out his unit/duty location.

From this you can contact the units Rear D and they should be able to assist you.

I will pass the info. His parents and brother are still gathering info and finally got to talk to him. He has been through some surgeries to patch up some wounds to his stomach and shattered pelvis.

I guess he was in the Navy and got out to join the Army to be in the Airborne. He is single and the only member of his family to be in the military.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will pass the info. His parents and brother are still gathering info and finally got to talk to him. He has been through some surgeries to patch up some wounds to his stomach and shattered pelvis.

I guess he was in the Navy and got out to join the Army to be in the Airborne. He is single and the only member of his family to be in the military. </div></div>
Someone in his family should be listed for notification! He needs to ensure that his paperwork is strait to include his SGLI.

Thanks, I think we have them pointed in the right direction. Thanks for all the input and god bless our troops.

Yup Red Cross for sure... if they need to get any info to him or if he needs anything let me know. I can go down and say hi.

Thanks for the help.

Looks like he is getting ready to come back state side for more medical procedures. Hopefully he will be going to BAMC to be closer to family.