• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Training Courses Controlled Chaos Arms IOWA -Precision Rifle I

NOMAD

Owner of the Trailer Park
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 7, 2001
    Hugo
    Precision Rifle I - This two day course will be offered at the Baxter, Iowa complex. June 29-30

TEAM BLASTER will be back again by popular request to instruct another pr-1 class.

We plan on doing a PR-2 class in the area so if you havent got in for the PR1 then here is your chance and its needed to take the PR-2

Course overview

The PR-1 course is designed to introduce shooters to multiple precision rifle shooting techniques as well as how to properly setup and use your rifle and scope. Upon completion of this course the shooter will be confident and proficient in zeroing there rifle, manipulating and using their scopes as well as being able to effectively engage and hit targets at ranges of 500 yards using various shooting techniques. This course will consist of 18 hours of range class’s and range time. Students will be taught subject matter in small blocks then you will practice and demonstrate proficiency thru drills and live fire exercises. This course will be taught by two precision rifle trainers. Both are former Marines with numerous military, law enforcement, and civilians shooting schools under their belts to include USMC Scout Sniper School. Both are also professional long range shooters who are sponsored, by numerous industry leaders and they compete in multiple shooting disciplines at the highest levels of competition.

Topics covered:
    Basic Terms and Phrases of precision shooting, Proper weapons setup. Focusing & eliminating parallax, Scope manipulation, Fundamentals of Marksmanship, Rifle zero & techniques, Use of data book, Cold Bore Shot, Care and Cleaning, Clean cold bore and Cold bore, Wind reading, Shooter shot correction dialogue, Use of a sling, Alternate shooting positions, Barricades, Rapid bolt manipulation, Multiple target engagement.

Gear Requirements

Shooters must have a bolt action rifle or semi automatic rifle chambered in any caliber ranging from .223 up to .300 Winchester Magnum with scope that is capable of shooting minute of angle. Your rifle must be capable of shooting 1” groups or better at 100 yards. We highly recommend as a new shooter that you bring a short action rifle chambered in .308.

Shooters rifle must have a bipod or some sort of shooting platform in which the shooter can shoot from in the prone position. (pack,sandbag, ect.)
    Rifle Sling
    Weapons magazines if applicable
    Data Book (The book we teach from and use is the Impact Data books. You will need the premade book in either pocket or standard size and your choice of paper. You can order this prior to the course at www.impactdatabooks.com)

Hearing protection- foam earplugs, hard shells or both will be required.
    Eye protection
    Rifle cleaning equipment-(Rods, bore guides, solvents, patches, brushes.)
    Scope tools, wrenches
    Note pad, pen or pencil
    Appropriate clothing

Optional Items

Spotting Scope (if you have one)
    Small backpack
    Sunscreen
    Hat
    Shooting mat
    Stool or chair

Ammunition: 300 rounds minimum- Factory “match” ammunition. If handloads are used they must function properly and be safe. The failure to have safe and accurate ammunition will be grounds to stop you from participating in the “live fire” portions of the training. The loss of shooting time in the class will be the responsibility of the student.

Student Requirements

Students should come with an open mind and willingness to learn. Shooter should be willing to make mistakes and receive corrective actions.

The shooter will be required to have the proper gear and equipment in order to conduct training. We expect the shooter to have a working knowledge of their weapon and equipment that they bring to the course. Shooter should be proficient with loading and unloading their weapons and they should have safe gun handling skills. Safety is our first concern everything else is secondary. Your rifle should be zeroed prior to arriving for the course in order to save some time when we go into zeroing drills and techniques. Showing up with a rifle that wont print on an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper will slow down the training drastically. As long as it’s in the ball park we will be good to go!!

Price: $550, Per Student

Last edited:
    Re: Controlled Chaos Arms -Precision Rifle I

Is there somewhere that tells what this class entells and what all it covers?

Re: Controlled Chaos Arms -Precision Rifle I

Class info updated

Re: Controlled Chaos Arms IOWA -Precision Rifle I

Guys check it out and give Michael a call to save your spot.

Hi im new to this forum. im also new to rifle marksmanship, would this class help me learn how to improve my marksmanship.

Yes it will. We have been out to Iowa Multiple times the last 2 years and the majority of the shooters 70+ of them have never fired past 100 yards prior to coming to see us.

When the class is over you will be able to hit 5-8 inch targets at 500 yards all day long.

We guarentee you that you will learn alot and leave a better shooter.

if you are serious about taking the course i recommend you get signed up as early as possible as this will be a full class.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rx7guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi im new to this forum. im also new to rifle marksmanship, would this class help me learn how to improve my marksmanship. </div></div>

we get that question a lot. you will find great value in this course. we have never had a student that didn't benefit greatly and comment as such during and after the taking the course...

you don't have to be sniper grade to learn and utilize marksmanship fundamentals, actively practice them, and continually benefit from the skills you absorb at a course like this.

wink.gif

I'm definitely signing up.

Class back on in June at different location.

Last edited:

That's a bummer.
    Brownell's said their training group won't be hosting any firearms training at their range this year. I wonder if it has something to do with the ND that happened last fall.

I would definitely be interested in the class when you get a new date set, I am planning on using my vacation time this year for a class.

Just to update everyone we are a GO for June 29-30 with the training being held in Baxter, Iowa. There are spots remaining. I wouldnt wait as this will be a sold out class and also the only PR1 we will be doing in Iowa this year.

The other class will be PR-2 and you must have PR-1 to take that class.

That's a bummer.
    Brownell's said their training group won't be hosting any firearms training at their range this year. I wonder if it has something to do with the ND that happened last fall.

incorrect. we have a full array of training and dates with brownells at their range this year. however, the PR1 and PR2 will be hosted near Baxter due to range dates and overlapping.

I guess I should have said offering and not hosting. I called Brownell's this spring and they said their training group won't be offering any courses this year. Glad to see CCA can still train out there. I'll be at your Tac Handgun 1 and 2 this fall. Take care Michael.

Bump reminder for those that might of missed the post. Don't miss the class. ;) Sign up today with Michael.

Any info on the PR2 class yet? I have PR1 under my belt and I miss you guys!!! :)

Had a great time at the PR1, if your on the fence now is the time to jump on this class with these guys.

Yet another one I can't attend. Thats the second class half way close at the end of June that I can't make.

Spots still open for PR1. Midwest guys can get a good class in driving range.

Just curious if my set up will work as is or not. 20" AR 1-9twist with a Leupold mark AR 3-9x40. Im sure the rifle will do the job fine but should I wait till I have different glass since the Mark AR has BDC turret/mildot reticle. I want to do a class but may need to wait till next year.

Contact Mike and see if he has a loaner scope you can use for the class. If not let use see if we can possibly get you something to use.

Thanks Nomad I am going to hopefully get new glass later this year and take some classes next summer (in the process of buying a house) I have heard nothing but good about the classes you guys do so I really want to learn all I can from you guys!!

PR 2 is going in OCT I will assure you it will be a full house!!

Brenneman sounds good we look forward to meeting you.

If anyone needs to get signed up call Mike @ CCA @ 5153444443

Just curious if my set up will work as is or not. 20" AR 1-9twist with a Leupold mark AR 3-9x40. Im sure the rifle will do the job fine but should I wait till I have different glass since the Mark AR has BDC turret/mildot reticle. I want to do a class but may need to wait till next year.

that'll work. if you need a loaner scope, we can figure something out. personally that wouldn't bother me, as the fundamentals being taught are the important part. the gear you will change over time as always.

get in and get in now!