• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Controlling the Christmas shopping bully

Re: Controlling the Christmas shopping bully

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #CC0000">Oh, and I have read this thread a couple times. I do not know where anyone posted anything against CCW. I never saw anyone state who should or shouldn't own or have access to guns.</span></div></div>

Then you weren't reading closely enough were you or you're just dim. Slap, QQ alone mention those things. Slap accuses me of being anti-MIL and LE just to slander and when he's called on it there's nothing. You put on your white flowing robes of Paladin of Truth but you're a hypocrite. You purposefully mis-represent the situation in your thread about what would you do and yet you say you're ready to take issue with people mis-representing the truth.

However, I will say one thing - I'm happy to see that you've recognized the reality of your untenable position earlier on this issue and have changed you tune. There's perhaps hope yet... </div></div>

Lol... You can't quote anywhere in this entire thread where that was ever said. You're doing like you ALWAYS do and trying to make implications by putting imaginary words in other peoples mouths. If anyone is misrepresenting anything it's your hypocritical ass.

<span style="font-size: 20pt">Prove your bullshit... Quote where in this thread someone, anyone, said they were against CCW or shouldn't own guns. Not the implication, but the actual statement.</span> </div></div>

I think this makes it the second or third time you've been contradicted...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

And based on the dopers, scumbags, morons, insane people and those whose grasp of ballistics extends no further than the Yosemite Sam cartoons, who have guns, it is clear that there are people who should not have access to fire arms.

</div></div>

then there's the one Slap wrote about not the type of people you want having firearms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #CC0000">Oh, and I have read this thread a couple times. I do not know where anyone posted anything against CCW. I never saw anyone state who should or shouldn't own or have access to guns.</span></div></div>

Then you weren't reading closely enough were you or you're just dim. Slap, QQ alone mention those things. Slap accuses me of being anti-MIL and LE just to slander and when he's called on it there's nothing. You put on your white flowing robes of Paladin of Truth but you're a hypocrite. You purposefully mis-represent the situation in your thread about what would you do and yet you say you're ready to take issue with people mis-representing the truth.

However, I will say one thing - I'm happy to see that you've recognized the reality of your untenable position earlier on this issue and have changed you tune. There's perhaps hope yet... </div></div>

Lol... You can't quote anywhere in this entire thread where that was ever said. You're doing like you ALWAYS do and trying to make implications by putting imaginary words in other peoples mouths. If anyone is misrepresenting anything it's your hypocritical ass.

<span style="font-size: 20pt">Prove your bullshit... Quote where in this thread someone, anyone, said they were against CCW or shouldn't own guns. Not the implication, but the actual statement.</span> </div></div>

I think this makes it the second or third time you've been contradicted...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

And based on the dopers, scumbags, morons, insane people and those whose grasp of ballistics extends no further than the Yosemite Sam cartoons, who have guns, it is clear that there are people who should not have access to fire arms.

</div></div>

then there's the one Slap wrote about not the type of people you want having firearms.

</div></div>

Holy shit it's fucking amazing! EH can actually back up at least one of his statements with actual evidence. And I can admit when I was incorrect which is something you're completely incapable of. It's good to know though that you're arguing on behalf "dopers, scumbags, morons, insane people and those whose grasp of ballistics extends no further than the Yosemite Sam cartoons" who you fully support and endorse owning guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Holy shit it's fucking amazing! EH can actually back up at least one of his statements with actual evidence. And I can admit when I was incorrect which is something you're completely incapable of. It's good to know though that you're arguing on behalf "dopers, scumbags, <span style="color: #FF0000">morons</span>, insane people and those whose grasp of ballistics extends no further than the Yosemite Sam cartoons" who you fully support and endorse owning guns. </div></div>

lol - I class you under the category of 'moron' so you're welcome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So your suggestion is what? To disallow CCW? </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The hypocrisy is stunning. In this thread alone, people who have previous admonished others (rightly so in some cases) to 'wait until all the facts are present' jumped to conclusions <span style="font-weight: bold">stating the victim should not be fit to hold a CCW</span>...</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #CC0000">Oh, and I have read this thread a couple times. <span style="font-weight: bold">I do not know where anyone posted anything against CCW.</span></span></div></div>

Then you weren't reading closely enough were you or you're just dim. Slap, QQ alone mention those <span style="font-weight: bold">thing<span style="color: #FF0000">s</span></span>.</div></div>

I love how you constantly bitch about other's slandering you, yet you talk so much shit it's amazing. Okay sugarmuffin... I still state that no one ever said anything against CCW and yet there you are saying it was stated. But you keep talking shit mall ninja...

Look Broker, I'm trying to elevate my tone here and while I find you at best amusing you calling me sugarmuffin (seriously..?) and a mall ninja are tactics that will earn you nothing other than the sense of satisfaction felt by basement dwellers letting fly with an insult on the web. We've all done it to be sure, but you're kind of making it weird.

You asked me for proof, I delivered. Now you're asking for more stuff and to what avail? What is your point? That I'm a meanie liar? Fine, if you're satisfied that I am then I can live with that. If others want to have an opinion on it, they can read the thread and draw their own conclusions.

"sugarmuffin"... what were you thinking?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look Broker, I'm trying to elevate my tone here and while I find you at best amusing you calling me sugarmuffin (seriously..?) and a mall ninja are tactics that will earn you nothing other than the sense of satisfaction felt by basement dwellers letting fly with an insult on the web. We've all done it to be sure, but you're kind of making it weird.

You asked me for proof, I delivered. Now you're asking for more stuff and to what avail? What is your point? That I'm a meanie liar? Fine, if you're satisfied that I am then I can live with that. If others want to have an opinion on it, they can read the thread and draw their own conclusions.

"sugarmuffin"... what were you thinking? </div></div>

Elevate your tone? Lol... and as I thought you're incapable of admitting certain points of error. Don't worry though cupcake... You're still my favorite... Well 2nd favorite behind Cartmann... But you're working on "elevating" up...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You're both fucking clueless. You want me to clear this up for you with Colorforms or hand puppets?

</div></div>

Either one is fine with me. The problem is when you remove the smoke and mirrors from your posts, there is a simple message that is conveyed. You follow it with posts that say you meant something other than what was conveyed. Maybe your writings are just too complex for the simple man or maybe you aren't really sure about what the fuck you are talking about.... Either way, your posts don't jive with one another.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 8pt"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The follow-up had "some" additional info, a few witness statements, and I think thats about all we will be getting. I don't think the police report will be any more helpful either. Since no criminal charges are being made the report will have few details, as it is more of a formality due to the incident.

So at this point, you still can't judge whether it was a good or bad move. Some good points made by some are that not everyone meets the physical minimum to go into a fist fight. Sure, in shape, experience fighter, yeah, I can see the option to return fire with fire. But, not everyone is like that. I am still not going to jump on any bandwagon, mainly because I know next to nothing about the victim or the agressor.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Oh, and I have read this thread a couple times. I do not know where anyone posted anything against CCW. I never saw anyone state who should or shouldn't own or have access to guns.</span> I did see a few people state they would prefer physical confrontation instead of drawing a firearm, and some condemned the victim for doing so. How satments can be twisted, processed then translated into something else is beyond me. KYPatriot, you are right, this is the internet. But when something is not true, or in the extreme longshot, that what you typed was mis-read, are you just going to remain silent?

If someone resorts to mis-quoting, or flat out lying about me or other members, making false assumptions and attacking someones character with nothing but their own agenda, it will get a warranted response. I wouldn't sit idle if it were in person, let alone on the net. </span> </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 17pt">Then you weren't reading closely enough were you or you're just dim. Slap, QQ alone mention those things.</span> Slap accuses me of being anti-MIL and LE just to slander and when he's called on it there's nothing. You put on your white flowing robes of Paladin of Truth but you're a hypocrite. You purposefully mis-represent the situation in your thread about what would you do and yet you say you're ready to take issue with people mis-representing the truth.

Bullshit!

I've repeatedly stated that the mere possession of a ccw doesn't inspire confidence that the possessor of said license is competent to use his firearm and that judgement and prudence are as in order as attention to one's security, especially where the safety of others is involved.

The central theme of my posts here have been to illustrate that because one may do a thing does not mean one should. I place no additional burden on CCW holders than to suggest WE all smarten the fuck up if we don't want to see our rights eroded.

Seriously man, there is desperation in your most recent posts...

</div></div>

I thought the Yosemite Sam line was clever! But in your mind these types of people should be armed and to criticize their being so is wrong, way out there, past the event horizon... Understood.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOUGHGUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOUGHGUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I highly doubt you even understood what veer was talking about. If you didn't trust it would be because you spend all your time in a closet typing on a keyboard. How many red lights you got in your closet anyway? </div></div>

Sweet pea,
I've spent more time studying cognitive reasoning than you could possibly fathom. I'm fairly confident that you are projecting your own ignorance of the content of Veer's post on me. Since I am so clueless as to what he was talking about, please explain to me exactly which concept of reason he was trying to illustrate with his little red light story. Then please do me the favor of explaining how the red light initiates a cognitive response and how that is in any way comparable to the response of fine motor skills that are required to properly manipulate a firearm. Then, please get all Houdini on me and explain how a teenage girl behind the wheel, with a cell phone in her hand, is safer than an armed citizen in Walmart.

You are somewhat in the ballpark, about me not understanding Veer's post. It is extremely hard to comprehend utter bullshit when you have somewhat of a clue to the contrary. </div></div>

He was merely explaining his view of what trust is. You didn't get it. It's just that simple. Mostly I was just razzin ya.
smile.gif
<span style="font-weight: bold">I do worry about people like veer though... many times on gun forums I've seen people make excuses why they wouldn't defend themselves. I often wonder why those people carry. Some of them will make every excuse in the book why they shouldn't defend themselves.</span> Many seem to be more worried about breaking a law then they are about staying alive in a situation. Me? I'd break a law in a heartbeat to stay alive. For me it's just that simple. </div></div>

You're both fucking clueless. You want me to clear this up for you with Colorforms or hand puppets?

j4HSZ.jpg
euC0r.jpg

</div></div>

Isn't one of those the NRA instructors handbook?
grin.gif

At least you'll never know the agony of getting your dick caught in a zipper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least you'll never know the agony of getting your dick caught in a zipper. </div></div>

Let's be honest Veer, it was during the early days of the Nixon administration when you last saw yours.
whistle.gif

Wow, EH, I am suprised. Yet you still cannot find anywhere where I stated anything of that nature. Please prove to everyone that your not that inept in reading comprehension and show the world where I demonstrate fear mongering or abuse of authority...ect.

Or do you just like to toss me in with the rest because your all butt hurt about being called out....repeatedly. I get it now. If I agree and back up anyone you don't like, then I MUST be 100% on board with them, right? Get over yourself dude. Your still an idiot, and that IS something you can quote me on.

Oh EH. My tune hasn't change. It's still the same as its always been. Also, you need to read a little closer in the other thread I made. How in the hell can I misrepresent what happened in the article? I didn't say anything about the article other than using the incident as a back drop for the scenario I presented. You have got to be the most biased and paranoid person I have ever seen. I honestly think you could get a conspiracy or hidden agenda reading a hallmark card. It's really sad.

Nothing about my tune has changed, you are still held as a liar and hypocrite who lacks integrity. Spin and twist away, the truth is the truth.