• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Converse desert boots - anyone?

NativeCraft

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2006
Wilson, NC
Does anyone wear any of the Converse boots - and if you do, are they recommended? I'm looking for something for general kicking about, hunting, etc..

Re: Converse desert boots - anyone?

I have 2 pair, zip up, regular and steel toe. I like em both. Actually I have 3 pair bought the short hiker also!!

Uncle Sam has issued me several sets over the years. They are very comfortable and they last longer than I thought they would.

They give pretty good ankle support and are light.

How are they as far as showing dark swamp mud, etc. - I mean, do they clean up O.K.?

Haven't had any dark swamp mud on mine but have had them pretty muddy and wet and they cleaned up pretty good. I really like them. Very comfortable.

I have the OTB and converse. OTB is the lightest I have ever had, however they are regular width and too thin. They did not have the wide when I bought mine. I would sell the OTB-like new and 10.5.

My Converse are not as light but they are wide and fit and feel great. They have seen their share of dirt and mud and always cleaned up just fine with a hose and brush. Some say they do not last long, but they are fine with me.

Got a pair of Belleville desert boots that are going to the Stan with me nest several days. Very comfortable here so will see how they do there.

I wore a pair of the zip ups on safari in South Africa. Almost zero break in and had good support walking in some pretty rough areas. Good grip on the rocks also. When you pull the laces tight, they stay tight.

I have the shorter version in carbon toe that I wear daily for work and on the weekends hunting/fishing/general work. They are awesome and I need to get a new pair as I've worn these for the last 3 years and the tread is finally wearing out on them. I would recommend them to anyone.

Good luck,
Merritt

For actual dessert use I found them hot, and not very breathable. I would definitely recommend the otb's, the desert lites are supper light, plus Otb has awesome customer service, I back them 100%

I love the now discontinued Converse Pursuit (black) and purchased one pair of the desert Converse Pursuits. I was very disappointed. They were very comfortable until they got wet a few times. After getting wet and drying out a few times they stretched out a little and then fell apart.

I wore a pair in Iraq last year. I loved them until we had a rain storm. They got wet and stretched out. I ended up throwing them away when I got to Kuwait on return trip.