• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

converting new mkIII ruger to mk2 internals

problemchild

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Can someone post a list of what I need to order to convert the 3 to a 2 internally? I want the mag-out lock removed and all the new mk3 crap. I want to make it reliable like the mk2 was. I do not want to fill blank spaces with home-brew washers etc.

Does anyone have a complete mk3 to mk2 replacement kit or a list of all parts I can order?

Do you guys recommend I buy the VolQ. extractor? I saw a video on Utube where a guy polished all his stock mk3 trigger parts and got a nice 3lb pull from polishing only.

Re: converting new mkIII ruger to mk2 internals

The Volquartsen MKII Accurizing kit along with the MKII hammer bushing should satisfy your needs.

MidwayUSA Product numbers:

You can get the Volquartsen trigger in black or silver. I ordered a black one, but that product number shows up as a silver trigger in my order history.... Not a big deal, just double check if it matters to you.

Great, thanks!

Is there a replacement "blank" for the loaded chamber indicator that I hear causes stovepipes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great, thanks!

Is there a replacement "blank" for the loaded chamber indicator that I hear causes stovepipes?</div></div>

Not that I know of. Mine runs fine with the original one.

There is a guy on rimfire central that makes a filler piece for the lci. Can't find the exact link, but a search will bring it up

All you have to buy is the Volquartsen MKII hammer and bushing. There is a co that makes an enlarged bushing that is a press fit that works great. I forget who makes it. I tend to use the Volquartsen just because they are easy to find.

I just switched the hammer bushing from stock to the Volquartsen MK II bushing, works great and it's easy to switch and removes the stupid magazine safety.