• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Cookin, grilling, chillin and drinkin

haunas

Minuteman
Oct 11, 2013
Hawaii
Newb here just was curious with the hunting and fishing thread is there a forum location for putting up pictures of cooking your kills? When I spearfish or take a wild pig I sometimes take pictures of the meat being used as well as a recipe. Just curious.

Here is one of mine.Jambalaya for 50 people.This recipie has won numerous cook offs in southern La.

Last edited:
Take all meats and brown in your pot reserve some fat that gets renderd out of your meat.Next take your veggies and sauté them on a low fire until you have a brown paste.This step is critical do not rush it.It will take atleast four beers for this step.Then add your water seasonings and meat and bring to a slow rolling boil and cook for atleast 30 minutes covered.Finally add your rice and bring to hard rolling boil while constantly stirring the pot.When your rice starts to float lower the fire to just a small flame and cover the pot do not lift the lid for 25 minutes.After 25 minutes lift the lid and roll your rice quickly and out the lid bank on and turn the fire off.Do not uncover the pot for another 20 minutes.After the 20 minutes serve!

Last edited:
Arrived at the camp one Friday night and we had one speck some turkey wings and a pack of smoked deer sausage.I cut up the speck and turkey wings and seasoned them with Tony's and GP and browned the pieces good.Take three onions and a bell pepper and dice them up fine and brown them in the oil from the meat until they become translucent.Add three table spoons of roux to the veggies and a cup of water and stir constally until the roux in melted.Add meat back to the pot with a quart of water and simmer over a low fire for two hours.Serve over rice with smotherd potatoes on the side.[URL=http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/marcusporche/media/null_zpsdaa59cf8.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited:
How about some nice young elk steaks:

grilling%20elk%20in%20the%20snow.JPG