• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Cool police officer, other guy douchebag!

Re: Cool police officer, other guy douchebag!

goes back to what ive said for years, the vast majority of cops are good guys doing a hard job. The rub is that you rarely see interaction vids like this one. Most of what you see, and more importantly remember, are not so good.

I remember a saying my PLT SGT said to me when I was still green as the grass, it takes but one oh shit to erase 10 attaboys.

its my right.. i dont need to tell you my my, name.. its my right , i can carry a weapon,,

what an ass.. try to record the cop doing something wrong im glad he made you look like a dumb ass..

I for one, would love to shake that man's hand and buy him a meal. Given the cop threads I've seen around here lately, this is refreshing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kingrabbit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its my right.. i dont need to tell you my my, name.. its my right , i can carry a weapon,,

what an ass.. try to record the cop doing something wrong im glad he made you look like a dumb ass.. </div></div>

So in your eyes Washington and Jefferson and all the rest are ass'es.............Russia is thata way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good for Jeramey and one hell of a upstanding officer !!! , good leo'S are not scared of the camera, the shitstains are. Funny how that works.

no this guy was an ass.. yes it is your right, but purposly acting like an asshole to try and provoke a negative response from the police officer so he can get it on video makes me pissed at him saying it..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kingrabbit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

no this guy was an ass.. yes it is your right, but purposly acting like an asshole to try and provoke a negative response from the police officer so he can get it on video makes me pissed at him saying it.. </div></div>

Thanks for sharing your OPINION.

IMHO, I dont think that Jeremy was acting like an asshole or jerk. With UOC's going on in California and LEO's sometimes have infringed on people rights. The LEO in this video was great and I wished all interactions went like that.

That was better than most, but it still is harassment by the state, and it seems that the officer has practiced his PR skills.

Another douche bag, wasting the cops time, again. The statement...the police will show interest in a person with a gun and verify compliance. Thank you officer.

Yep cool officer. Very professional, and courteous. Officer Lyons is definitely someone all Americans should be thankful for. He spent 22 years of his life wearing a Marine Corps uniform and serving this country. That alone makes him a hero.
After retirement he continues his service to the citizens of his community as a police officer. He is spending his life protecting, and helping others. A sheepdog.
I would love to buy the guy a drink and shake his hand. Thank you for the video, the founding fathers would be proud of this man.

I'm really glad that I was able to watch this video as I just viewed the vid on Fox News where a Ohio LEO was acompletely outta line with a concealed carry permit licensee.

I understand that there are more good than bad cops and I appreciate that LEO's go out and potentially risk thier lives to keep the peace, its just unfortunate that there are bad apples in the bunch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Another douche bag, wasting the cops time, again. The statement...the police will show interest in a person with a gun and verify compliance. Thank you officer.

Yep cool officer. Very professional, and courteous. Officer Lyons is definitely someone all Americans should be thankful for. He spent 22 years of his life wearing a Marine Corps uniform and serving this country. <span style="color: #CC0000"> That alone makes him a hero</span> .
After retirement he continues his service to the citizens of his community as a police officer. He is spending his life protecting, and helping others. A sheepdog.
I would love to buy the guy a drink and shake his hand. Thank you for the video, the founding fathers would be proud of this man.
</div></div>

Respectfully, that makes him a vetern, not a hero. Lets keep our adjetives straight. Good cop, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeo556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really glad that I was able to watch this video as <span style="color: #FF0000">I just viewed the vid on Fox News where a Ohio LEO was acompletely outta line </span> with a concealed carry permit licensee.

I understand that there are more good than bad cops and I appreciate that LEO's go out and potentially risk thier lives to keep the peace, its just unfortunate that there are bad apples in the bunch. </div></div>

I note that one seems to have er...ah...cough...cough, gone away

I can understand why the mods wanted that taken off as there are two, very vocal and opposite thinking, groups that frequent this site. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but it seems like some vids(the ohio LEO) just serve to divide rather than bring this particular shooting community together.

That's why I believe that the mods remove content such as that, not because that side with the actions that were on the tape, just to keep the peace so to speak.

What part of this video proves that he is a "good cop"? Simply because he uses great verbal skills? He knew he was being videotaped, so don't you think that changed the way he spoke to the man?

What State was this in...? What are the laws pertaining to the man with the gun...? Did the LEO have the authority to approach him & secure the weapon....?

Questions.....questions.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeo556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can understand why the mods wanted that taken off as there are two, very vocal and opposite thinking, groups that frequent this site. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but it seems like some vids(the ohio LEO) just serve to divide rather than bring this particular shooting community together.

That's why I believe that the mods remove content such as that, not because that side with the actions that were on the tape, just to keep the peace so to speak. </div></div>

Actually there seems to be 3 groups:

-The rabid cops who cant accept criticism.
-Those who appreciate good cops like this one but are disgusted by the asshats like the one from Canton. This group includes many good cops.
-The group who hate all cops (and all authority), far in the minority, but their incendiary comments usually ruin it for all.

BTW, it seems thae Canton thread resurfaced under a different title....NO, NO, Lowlight...it wasnt me...
grin.gif

The officer respected the mans rights while still trying to ensure the safety of the rest of the community, isn't that their job? I don't see it as "harassment by the state"...

I don't know what the laws are in other states, but as far as I know concealed carry holders are supposed to identify themselves upon request from police officers. And have their permit on their person to present upon request.

Was this guy openly carrying? Walking down the highway with a pistol on your hip is probably gonna draw a little attention. Then not identifying yourself to police officer. That's pretty douchy. Also unless you identify yourself how does the officer know that your legally allowed to carry the weapon. The guy might be a convicted felon for all we know. Kudos to the LEO for recognizing the situation for what it was.

Little tip, if an officer needs to check your identification just do it. All they really need is your name and DOB. Takes about ten seconds for the dispatcher to look you up and clear you. Don't be a fucking asshole just for the sake of being an asshole.

In a way its good that people are doing this to educate people and officers most of all but I dont like the way the guy went about it...Its about being a polite society isnt it and the officer was very polite given what he probably sees on a daily basis. The guy just sounded like a dweeb and other than wearing a firearm on his hip probably didnt appear to be much of a threat...I am a Texas state resident and I do wish we could pass open carry into law but I dont know if it will ever happen

Cop, "well it should look good on youtube", I spit beer all over the place.

Mar, If I am correct this is in Ca. You can legally uoc in Ca, the cops do an (e) check of the gun which they are required to perform. The cop was doing his job that the state of Ca requires him to do. The officer was polite, curtious and jovial, he wasnt harrasing the man at all. The guy was being a dick by not giving him his name, and trying to play the "I know my rights" card. Its one thing to know your rights, but its another to be a dick, and the guy was being a dick.

That is a video of fresh air, as opposed to whats been on here, and what CAN happen in Ca uoc. Good job on the officer.

I agree Ubet,

Same business, guy being a prick when his baiting tactics draw the attention of LE. He is there for no other reason than to test LE's reaction. Cop is going to do his job...every time.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF CARRYING AN UNLOADED GUN?!! I still don't get it. I really find it funny that the "my rights are being infringed" folks look up to these jokers. What good is he doing for anyone, other than wasting the cops time who could be helping someone somewhere else.

My earlier response sums it up for me, the only noteworthy information in that exchange was the cop was a vet, and carries on serving his community even after retirement from active duty. That is admirable.

The other guy makes gun owners look bad. If he wants to do something constructive with his time and passion for "its my right" he should become involved somewhere in the legal system and actually try to change the laws. I just do not see how he is getting anything constructive done. Maybe his triumphant victory over the oppressive police officers one at a time is enough for his self gratification...who knows. He reminds me of a smart mouthed kid talking back, "your not the boss of me!" " I don't need to tell you".

People are F..g stupid, what happened to the days of respecting first responders! Too bad it wasn't raining.