• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Cooper Model 54 Excalibur 260 Rem

Legionnaire

Minuteman
Jan 21, 2008
Temple, TX
SOLD

Beautiful Cooper Model 54 Excalibur in .260 Remington. 24-inch fluted 8-twist barrel. Comes with an extra magazine, 30mm Talley rings, and a pair of Weaver/picatinny style bases. Weighs under 7 pounds. I don't have the box or manual but do have the factory test target.

I am not the original owner, so don't know round count for certain; if I was told honestly when I bought the gun, the total is still under 200 rounds. I never expected to part with this one, but after I got it sighted in, I bought a custom 260 Ackley that made this one redundant.

$1,600 $1,500 shipped lower 48 to an FFL who will receive from a private seller. Listed elsewhere, so first public "I'll take it" followed by PM trumps inquiries or offers. Not interested in trades. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Reactions: chart1300
I sure miss mine. Sold a semi-custom built off a Model 7 action and it was a great walkaround gun. Sold it because I have a 6.5 CM and though it was redundant as well.

Cooper builds some exceptional rifles.

I know you only sighted it in, but do enough shooting to get a feel from what it likes or how it shoots? Cooper test target is encouraging.

I really didn't. I put one box of Federal GMM 142 grain SMKs through it to get the scope dialed in. I didn't shoot over a chronograph and don't still have the target. Definitely sub-MOA with that load, though, even though I don't shoot light weight hunting rifles as accurately as my heavier range guns. I intended to work up loads with 140 grain Nosler Partitions, of which I have a good supply--but never got around to it. I haven't shot either of my 260 Rems since acquiring the 260 Ackleys. Wish I could tell you more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marine24