• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cooper r22 raptor 6.5 CM?

DannyMcgrath

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2020
Hey fellas, been eyeing a cooper r22 raptor in 6.5cm at sportsman’s Warehouse. They sell for 2800 online and it’s on sale at 1800 with it being the last one in stock.
I called cooper as it’s hard to find details or reviews anywhere online. The action is trued and built by cooper, barrel is from a company called wilson arms, manners stock, Timney trigger. Seems it’s a lot like, or identical to the colt m2012 rifle.
I’ve been looking to buy a barreled action, stock, trigger and put something together. But for the money it seems like it has almost everything I want in a build. And have money left over. The other option would be the Sako trg22 at the limit of my budget. But I’ll be shooting suppressed and would have to rethread the barrel. My goal is prs/hunting.

Anyone have experience with this rifle? Would I be better off building or going with the trg22?

Good rifles and $1800 is a steal, IMO. Both of the ones I had were sub-MOA with Hornady ammo. Manners stock, decent Cooper barreled action, Triggertech trigger... a lot to like for $1800. Custom performance for a factory rifle price.

Reactions: DannyMcgrath
Did you end up buying the Cooper? If so, what are your impressions? I'm in the same position you were in, there's one on sale at the local Sportsmans Warehouse, I think its $1900 here. Been wanting to get into the long range game with a 6.5 CM, and I've been eyeing a Bergara HMR. $1900 stretches my budget a bit, but wondering if the Cooper is a big enough jump in quality to be worth the extra expense. Appreciate any feedback you can give on the Raptor.

Where are you guys finding these on sale? Looks like they are $2750 online.

Sportsman’s Warehouse has them on clearance. $1900 up here in Anchorage. I ended up going in a different direction, but it’s probably a nice setup.

Reactions: DannyMcgrath
Thanks Win223. They are full price in Colorado last time I looked.

Waiting to hear back from a manager. Will call them back today. At full price, I'll probably buy a Tikka CTR .260 and a KRG chassis.

Yeah, full price seems high, but I think it’s a good deal at clearance. Hope it works out.