• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cop shot dead in Ireland

eddieo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2005
The Old Sod
Detective Adrian Donoghue was shot dead yesterday by one of 4 armed raiders who attempted to rob a cash in transit delivery to a credit Union in Dundalk Co Louth yesterday ..

He was shot after he confronted raiders outside the facility .. Reports are that he didn't have time to draw his weapon and was shot in the head ... A massive manhunt is now underway ...

I know I've had my issues with some of them but this is just dreadful ... The officer was married with 3 children .... I hope they catch the bastards and string them up ... Murders of on duty police are rare enough here in Ireland thankfully

RIP Det Donoghue !

Re: Cop shot dead in Ireland

God Bless him, and may He watch over those childern. I too hope the police catch all that were involved.

Nope :

Cops know the hang of scumbags apparently responsible ... It's a mandatory 40year sentence for killing an on duty cop here ... A lot of people are saying that if they are cornered that it will end up In a firefight ... A lot of people are hoping it will happen and get some payback .... Can't see them surrendering for the rest of their lives in prison ..

I guess they should have concentrated on the bad guys and not on you.
Why the hell would he confront armed thugs without drawing his weapon first?

So much for the Strict gun laws in Ireland...very sad...

Strict gun laws -: don't make me laugh ... They are more content giving people like me stress and court dates

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess they should have concentrated on the bad guys and not on you.
Why the hell would he confront armed thugs without drawing his weapon first? </div></div>

Apparently the media now says he knew one of them which makes it even worse !