• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Copper equilibrium. Thoughts?

Steven308

Private
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2021
Foreston MN
I've been watching a lot of this guys videos, what do you guys think? I've been working on a load for my 308, and as I continue working up a load I've been noticing my velocity stabilizing a bit more, wondering if this is the cause... yes I am new to all this.

A9AFF5DE-C372-47F2-AD1A-C4F8CE8F40D4.jpeg

Yup. Hang on! Not so much the subject as the source.

Reactions: Steven308
Let me save you some headache.

listen to Frank’s podcasts…all of them…even if you think it doesn’t apply to you. Then listen again. Take notes.

Then throw down the 20.00 a month and watch HIS videos.

This will save you from some ass raping here in the pit

So does the copper equilibrium take place before or after the bullet goes to sleep? And is the velocity flat spot affected?

Follow me for more deep thoughts on external ballistics.

Sirhr
What about spin drift? Where does that enter into the equation and is it affected by the copper equilibrium effect?

What about spin drift? Where does that enter into the equation and is it affected by the copper equilibrium effect?
Depends on your azimuth. East/west… not much. North/South may be a lot.

Don’t forget lunar gravity and whether neutrino count is high for the day. They affect copper less than lead which is an absorber…

Sirhr

• Haha
Reactions: Nik H and Bender
Well usually I don’t notice it un
So does the copper equilibrium take place before or after the bullet goes to sleep? And is the velocity flat spot affected?

Sirhr

Sirhr
Well usually I don’t notice it until after it’s asleep. Also, it only occurs when shooting at a downward angle of 9 degrees

A cheaper option is to put a rare earth magnet on the top of the barrel. Eliminates all spin and drift.

They have some really good ones on Alibaba

Let me save you some headache.

listen to Frank’s podcasts…all of them…even if you think it doesn’t apply to you. Then listen again. Take notes.

Then throw down the 20.00 a month and watch HIS videos.

This will save you from some ass raping here in the pit
Started the podcasts. Thanks for the tip. Good shit

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Not to piss in anyone's Cheerios....But, whats wrong with Tibor' Rex Sniper 101 video series? It's seems extremely in depth! I have not watched ALL of the video series, but have seen several and was very impressed with the level of info he freely provides. I fail to see a problem with any of them.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
My head hurts. How many times does the guy in the video say “ahh”?

Sirhr
Barrel magnets can be used to stabile this process also

Well usually I don’t notice it until after it’s asleep. Also, it only occurs when shooting at a downward angle of 9 degrees
Welcome to SH, thanks for not being a twat. You may fit in here after all.

Reactions: Steven308
You know, I got to thinking, a cock ring with variable speeds could possibly work to tune barrel harmonics and make an inaccurate load more accurate. Just gotta find the sweet spot 🤔🤣

• Haha
Reactions: akmike47