• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Correct AW magazine for AT-X

Dvldog458

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2013
Woodbridge NJ
I just purchased an AT-X in 308w last month and I'm looking for additional 10 round magazines.
I see MH and EO have two different versions of AW magazines.
Model # 6677 and 0726.
Which one is the correct magazine I should buy for the AT-X?
Thanks in advance.

Maybe it has to do with the followers.
I put the 2 AW mags I have for my atx next to each other and noticed the followers are different.
The mag on the left is the one that came with the rifle when I purchased it from EO.
The mag on the right was purchased by my local gun shop where I had the rifle shipped to.

Attachments

• 20240128_124604.jpg
    20240128_124604.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 20240128_124637.jpg
    20240128_124637.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20240128_124736.jpg
    20240128_124736.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: MarinePMI
Maybe it has to do with the followers.
I put the 2 AW mags I have for my atx next to each other and noticed the followers are different.
The mag on the left is the one that came with the rifle when I purchased it from EO.
The mag on the right was purchased by my local gun shop where I had the rifle shipped to.
How did you get those extensions on the AW/AX mags? How many rds do you get in them?

The original mag on the left I can get 15 rnds.
The new mag on the right I can get 16 rnds.
I dremeled the welds on the floor plates. Cut 1/8" from the bottom edge with a portion in tact that I bent to use for channel in the extension. I filed the edges and slid on. I'm sure there are other ways to do this. This worked for me.
No issues so far.

Here's a YouTube video I did with my teenage son operating the camera.
I apologize for the shaking cam. It's our first video.

Reactions: BurtG
FWIW my AX mags did not feed 6GT very well in AT-x. Nosedive issues into the mag. Tried a MDT 12rounder AICS mag and works perfect.

Did you need to file down the AICS mags to run in your ATX? Every time I’ve tried the AICS feed lips put a lot of pressure on the bottom of my bolt.

Probably not at this time. I’ve only seen complete magazines for sale.

I’ve used MDT .308 and BR 12-round mags in my ATX with no issues. As Lenny said, not as smooth as the AX mags, but I didn’t have any issues with them either.

For GT I found that sliding the rounds slightly forward to the shoulder in AX mags worked best for me.

Reactions: Rodney65
I’ve used MDT .308 and BR 12-round mags in my ATX with no issues. As Lenny said, not as smooth as the AX mags, but I didn’t have any issues with them either.
Wow. I feel stupider than I usually do for not trying that until just now. Seems to function fine and I have like six of them.

Thank you to Lenny and you for sharing that.

I don’t know for sure but I think the follower is the only difference.
So I removed the follower spring from a 10 round AI AICS magazine by drilling out the rivets. Then I ground down the front of the top spring leaf about 3/8" until the holes lined up with an AX follower and riveted it on.

It isn't perfect and was a bit of a struggle to get back in the AX mag body but I have a lot more spring pressure now but still the original plastic follower.

I put a AICS mag in and it jammed hard almost didn’t get it out

I put a AICS mag in and it jammed hard almost didn’t get it out
Only MDT brand ones work for me and some work better than others. You can feel the bolt rubbing on the feed lips or something with some.