• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Correct BC "tactical" flip up size for NF f1?

hypno02

Not Politically Correct
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2006
South Dakota
Today in the mail I received some BC "tactical" flip ups for my F1. First off I will say that they will surely be more durable than the original style with that shitty cheap plastic. My objective cap fits well, but not so much for the eyepiece.

For the eyepiece I ordered the 1.73-1.775 model and it is BARELY too big. It'll slip on, it won't slip off easily, but when I adjust the mag with it closed. (aka grabbing it as the whole NF eyepiece rotates) The scope cover will then rotate a bit as I adjust the mag. So I used some duct tape to create a shim on the scope and now it fits a little better, but I feel as if the cap now opens too easily.

So, My question to you fellas is if there's anyone out there running the 1.660-1.700" (next size smaller) tactical eyepiece on their NF? If that one will be a better fit I will exchange. If not, I'll stick with the duct tape rig-job.

Thanks guys.

I don't know if the tactical use the same part # as the standard or not. But I use a #18 1.700" on the eye, which is a pretty tight fit. I have to assist the cap once the button is pushed. Which I like, because the other one seemed to loose. At the same time I put on a throw lever by mgm, that makes it a hell of a lot easier changing magnification.

I didn't even think to reference the original caps' size. Probably because I was pissed since they broke on me. They truly are dogshit in recent years. Thanks for the help.

Anyone running the tacticals on their NF?

This last batch I got are not to bad. But I really just got them to fill in to I can get some AADmount flip ups. Take it Easy!