• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Correct M40A5 Rings?

kmc0929

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
North Carolina
See the below picture, the rings I have now, Badger 6 screw front and 4 screw back. I thought these were the proper M40A5 screws however with the Schneider Barrel and a 50MM NXS scope, the objective clears the barrel by maybe 2-3mm... I am assuming that these rings are too low? With that said, what rings do I have? and What rings do I actually need to get the proper clearance? My rings have the serial 6413, they do not say USMC on them.
The base is - P/N 306-06-8 Short action, w/ #8-40 screws, 20 MOA cant, 4.8 oz.
xdyv41.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. I use a NEAR Alphamount on my M40A3 (clone), but had I gone with Badger (which I nearly did), I would've bought those exact same rings, thinking that they were the correct ones. By the way, you have a gorgeous rifle and sorry I couldn't offer any actual advice/insight.

Look at the build specs from GA Precision. They have the same rings in the picture and I am sure they use the correct stuff, especially since they are near Badger. 34mm USMC spec rings with a S&B sitting in them.

USMC M40A5

Last edited:
The correct Badger P/N is 1005-306-75. Both rings say "USMC" just below the serial number. If you bought them recently, the serial number should be greater than 10,000.

I can't say whether these rings will for you with a 20 MOA base. My guess is that your base with a lesser angle (20 MOA < 30 MOA) would allow shorter rings.

You have M40A3 rings. They are 30mm and do not have USMC on them. The M40A5 has 34mm rings and does have USMC on them.