• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Correct me if I'm wrong about these advertisements

TexAZ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2013
College Station, TX
As all Hide members know, the NFL banned the Daniel Defense commercial for some emotional reason, but they allowed Coca-Cola to broadcast "America the Beautiful" in other languages. I know America has no official language, but the Declaration and Constitution were written in English. The idea behind the commercial was solid, showing America's diversity, but the song choice was a slap in the face. I for one know my father, and his fathers before him, did not serve to hear "America the Beautiful" sung in another language.

If they didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings with the Daniel Defense commercial, then they should have applied the same judgement to Coca Cola. I would also like to know if the Coca Cola ad was aired in the middle east. Respect and Tolerance are two way streets in this American's book.

Find something important to get emotional about . . . and don't let your feelings get hurt so easily.

I find it disturbing that the America the Beautiful was sung in different languages. Yes we are a country of immigrants, but too many of them in this day and age want to keep themselves separate, they want all the benefits without becoming part of this country.

Last edited:
I agree. Pissed me off to no end. I know...In the grand scheme of the Universe NOT a huge deal....But it IS to me.

I find it disturbing that the national anthem was sung in different languages. Yes we are a country of immigrants, but too many of them in this day and age want to keep themselves separate, they want all the benefits without becoming part of this country.

I find it disturbing that you think that "America the Beautiful" is our national anthem.

I find it disturbing that you think that "America the Beautiful" is our national anthem.

I loled

Didn't catch that till you pointed it out

Last edited:
That's the perfect song and commercial to put in the middle of an NFL game. The level of liberal progressive bias that the NFL is pushing is ridiculous and only getting worse. It comes as no surprise that the Daniel Defense commercial got banned. The NFL is run by people who are going out of their way to cater to the left, but yet have no qualms about pushing away the Right. Look at the beginning of a NASCAR race vs an NFL game, and you get a good dichotomy of the two separate paths that each sport adheres to.

The premise that America is a melting-pot infers that there must be assimilation. The liberal progressive movement asserts that assimilation is racist and despite being historically necessary and effective, needs to be changed.

The NFL for a long time has been in bed with liberalism and progressivism. Look at how much they push the pink ribbon breast cancer awareness in October, but there's been no mention of prostate cancer awareness in September. Why don't they all wear purple in September to fight prostate cancer? The answer is twofold: 1. It's trendy to do the pink thing; and 2. sponsors like Johnson&Johnson push the NFL to do it because the sponsors get a lot of pressure from womens' advocacy groups to push the NFL to do it. Breast cancer is the 2nd most deadly cancer for women, not the first. Lung cancer is more deadly. Heart disease is the #1 killer of women AND men. February is Heart Month, so why isn't the NFL doing all red socks and shoes in the Super Bowl? It comes down to political pressures and social popularity trends; both of which are proven to heavily influence the NFL.

Point being, I think people are expecting too much out of the NFL. It's not some masculine macho bastion of traditional melting-pot American culture anymore.

Last edited:
Don't like coke, anyway.

Yes we are a country of immigrants, but too many of them in this day and age want to keep themselves separate, they want all the benefits without becoming part of this country.

When your ancestors and mine came here they worked hard to become Americans, not hyphen-Amercians. That hard work often included learning English.

Don't like coke, anyway.

When your ancestors and mine came here they worked hard to become Americans, not hyphen-Amercians. That hard work often included learning English.

People still do and it still does . . .

Funny that raising cancer awareness and soliciting money for programs that try to fight it is progressive and liberal; also funny that it is anti-macho and anti-American to recognize that women suffer from breast cancer. And if you're worried about men being under-represented in the idiotic commercials and spasms of disease awareness that occur during NFL games, you're not watching the same games as everyone else. Most commercials are for boner pills, low-T Treatments, baldness remedies, and making sure your beard isn't grey.

Get a grip people.

People still do and it still does . . .

Oddly enough, the only immigrants I know that call themselves Americans (and I know more than a few) are Muslims from Iraq and a couple military wives. They are more patriotic than most "home grown" versions.

I didn't see that commercial.
I have heard a fair amount of chatter about them denying Daniel Defense a spot.

As I understand it, the NFL issues an explicit ad policy each season.
Not surprisingly, ads for the sale of firearms are prohibited.
I don't understand why DD would even bother trying, other than the noise it created has likely had the desired effect.
No such thing as bad publicity.

http://compassmedianetworks.com/images/sports/forms/nfladvertisingpolicy.pdf

It's a bunch of grown men playing with a ball, how high of expectations can you realistically have?

What is this NFL and Coca Cola you talk about? Who do they drive for?

You owe me a plate of nachos... lost mine in a laughter attack. Good post!

I have no issue with America being the melting pot of cultures and languages, but I agree with the comments above. From a sociological standpoint, this commercial violated the folkways we stand behind(we being those who are offended by this ad). It was a change to a piece of our society that we value as a symbol of our nation. Furthermore, I have no qualms with the translation, different languages can sing it and learn about America's beauty. The issue was the blending of our beloved English version penned by Katharine Lee Bates with the version sung by other cultures. If the song was sung in English by each culture included in the ad, it would have been a much better ad in my opinion. They could broadcast it being sung in different languages in other nations (IE: Spanish in Mexico, Turkish in Turkey, Chinese in China) to show America's beauty. Americans embrace the mix we have, but we all share two things, English and the love for the UNITED STATES.

I'm more offended that our society puts such a high price on people playing games, paying them multimillion dollar salaries. Yet pay the people that teach our future generations, protect our streets and borders and risk their lives to save lives JACK SQUAT!!!!!

As all Hide members know, the NFL banned the Daniel Defense commercial for some emotional reason, but they allowed Coca-Cola to broadcast "America the Beautiful" in other languages. I know America has no official language, but the Declaration and Constitution were written in English. The idea behind the commercial was solid, showing America's diversity, but the song choice was a slap in the face. I for one know my father, and his fathers before him, did not serve to hear "America the Beautiful" sung in another language.

If they didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings with the Daniel Defense commercial, then they should have applied the same judgement to Coca Cola. I would also like to know if the Coca Cola ad was aired in the middle east. Respect and Tolerance are two way streets in this American's book.

If Coca Cola's ad offends you, don't buy their products. You will never miss soda and chips.

If the NFL offends you, figure out who their advertisers are and stop buy their products and stop watching professional football..

They are all in it for profits. They are appealing to groups who they think will buy their product because they are pandered to with their sometimes societal or political message to increase market share. They assume that you will continue to buy their products even if you don't agree with their message. Prove them wrong.

I bet the English are even more angry over this.

I find it disturbing that the America the Beautiful was sung in different languages. Yes we are a country of immigrants, but too many of them in this day and age want to keep themselves separate, they want all the benefits without becoming part of this country.

Damned right! I mean, we totally adopted the culture when we came here, right!?

My favorite quote from this Seinfeld episode about nothing -

"When the company used such an iconic song, one often sung in churches on the 4th of July that represents the old “E Pluribus Unum” view of how American society is integrated, to push multiculturalism down our throats, it's no wonder conservatives were outraged." - Some Stupid Fucking Fuck whom I'm too tired to Google.