• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Could the Government Successfully Ban Suppressors

Are you saying losing your freedom an property are not worth fighting for, an you would prefer to live on your knees?

I don't believe anyone will ever come for my cans. I am not important, if they do I'll hand them over and make my own after they leave. Never fight a forced fight that you cannot win. Ego and pride have killed more men than redheads have gotten men killed lol.

I hate to break it to him but real 2Aers already saw the writing on the wall with him and the nra on the bump-stock ban. The great untold mainstream story is that gun owner turnout put him on in office. Those same people will not flock to the polls like they did last time if he keeps it up. The next great untold mainstream story is how lack of gun owner turnout cost him his second term.

Think about it, what do you think his second term will be like when he really does not need us.........?

I hate to break it to him but real 2Aers already saw the writing on the wall with him and the nra on the bump-stock ban. The great untold mainstream story is that gun owner turnout put him on in office. Those same people will not flock to the polls like they did last time if he keeps it up. The next great untold mainstream story is how lack of gun owner turnout cost him his second term.

Think about it, what do you think his second term will be like when he really does not need us.........?

You speak the truth. It happened in the past with Bush when he ran for reelection. Not only did he break his promise of "read my lips; no new taxes" but also "no new gun laws." Remember that right after the shooting in Luby's cafeteria in Killeen, TX, he wanted to ban AK-47s.

Bob Dole had the attitude towards gun owners of "where else are they going to go?"

McCain was just an asshole who acted like he deserved the be the POTUS.

Trump needs to hear from gun owners. Depending on the sources that you read, it is said that for every one person that contacts an elected official about a particular subject anywhere from 1,000 to 4,000 people feel the same way.

So, phone calls, e-mail messages and letter are tallied up and they do take note.

Here is the link to contact the white house and tell DJT how you feel about the bump-stock ban and a suppressor ban. Heck, let him know that you don't want to see anymore anti-gun laws and there should have been an HPA and national CCW reciprocity pass.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

Last edited:
Reactions: Holliday
I again disagree. The 50+ year old data you bring up came from a time when a reasonable % of hunters still did not use scopes. Today I suspect less than 1% hunt with iron sights outside special primitive seasons. Many have never used iron sights.

Grabbers will continue to go after the low number items. To do otherwise would expose
their hand.

You are welcome to your opinion and I will not further debate it. Whatever they go for, it will be bad. If they push too hard it could backfire on them.
Wrong on so many counts.
The Ar15 is by far the most popular rifle in the country. They are constantly trying new ways to ban it.

-Obama signed EO banning import of surplus US military rifles which kept a ton of M1s from entering the CMP for sale to the public.

The Garands from Turkey and the Philippines have also been brought back and are being processed and sold by CMP. As of this spring CMP was still working on getting the Korean rifles and carbines back.

Reactions: Holliday
And I respectfully disagree with you on the scoped rifles. I recall very clearly, after the UT massacre (shooting from the tower) ALL scoped rifles were "sniper rifles" that hunters "did not need" and were of "no real sporting purpose" and "made it easier to kill from longer distances" (no shit). These along with "Saturday night specials" were the main targets of gun control until the school shooting in Stockton CA with an AK-47 in the '80's. It's been "assault weapons" ever since. Once the assault weapons are taken care of, they'll be back at the scoped rifles once more.

After passage of the 94 AWB the next ban was going to be .50 BMG and Sniper Rifles. The "Sniper" definition fit almost every scoped bolt action rifle available.

There are still Democrats today who carry around Ted Kennedy's rifle ammo ban because it will defeat police body armor.

Welp. Like Frank said, HRA is definitely dead.

This is beyond stupid for something akin to a muffler. Especially with the registration you do, it'd be easy to force destruction of suppressors.

Don't want to give up your suppressor? Violation of a federal law? Jail time, fines, and loss of gun ownership.

We can either complain and do nothing or complain and do something.

A good start is to complain to our elected representatives and the POTUS.

I’m not pointing a finger at anyone on this forum but I’ve seen too many gun owners complain about stupid gun laws but not bother to contact their elected representatives.

Their attitude is; why bother? They’re gonna do what they want to anyway.”

With that attitude, the congress critters WILL do whatever they want.

I was involved in politics a lot at one time. The politicians and staffers all told me that they did, indeed, pay close attention to what their constituents said.

This bears repeating. When one person contacts an elected representative about a matter then there are about 1000 to 4000 other voters in that district or state that feel the same way.

I use to go to the gun shows a lot and set up a table to let folks know what was going on with the political end of the gun spectrum.

What amazed me was the amount of gun owners at the shows with the aforementioned attitude.

I saw a lot of tough talk at these shows and in gun stores. Some people would say “I got my 30-30 and I know how to use it. They ain’t taking it away from me.”

These same braggarts talked tough but when it came to getting them to send a postcard to a politician they acted like pussies.

Remember the figure; you’re message tells a Congress critter that there are a few thousand that feel the same as you.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but it’s estimated that during the American Revolution, only about 3% of the colonists ever bothered to fight the British. The rest were either damned Tories or sat back and did nothing to see who won. It’s not any different with some gun owners.

Last edited:
Reactions: TACC and Sierra770
Haven’t you ever seen the bumper sticker that say, loud pipes save lives?
I was going to add that it’s been discussed in the 7 motorcyclists killed thread about the benefit of loud pipes, but that supports the claim of this bill so I didn’t. Suppressors are so I don’t damage my hearing or that of the animals I eat.

Some people can’t be reasoned with. All the idiots in Washington thing that silencers are silent. It’s in the name, why wouldn’t they be? Banning something they’ve never seen or heard doesn’t bother them one bit if they think it will get them votes

Reactions: Longshot231
You can contact your reps all you want. The simple fact is that anyone with a D beside their name will vote to ban just about anything firearm related without hesitation. The House is a lost cause at this point in time. Your Republican reps can vote whichever way it doesn't matter.

You need to contact your senators. If Trump would sign that bill (contact him too, but it sure sounds like he would), the only way to stop it is in the senate.

It's discouraging to hear voices on this forum say that they'll give the feds what they've come for. The only way we win is if we stand together. I've drawn my line -- what's mine is mine. No one can "buy back" what they never owned in the first place and at any rate my shit is not for sale. The government can control what is manufactured and for sale to the public and we can't do anything about that after the fact, besides make what we can by ourselves if we have the skills and materials. But I will not let anyone -- no matter how many of them there are -- take what is mine.

If you would then you are a pussy. You're not being smart. You're not being rational. You're a pussy. Yeah, yeah, I'm a blow hard that will cave in and comply. It's easy to spot the people who have never been willing to die for something before.

Bad news for you: you're going to die someday anyway. I'll take a fight for freedom over a hospital bed.

We can either complain and do nothing or complain and do something.

A good start is to complain to our elected representatives and the POTUS.

I’m not pointing a finger at anyone on this forum but I’ve seen too many gun owners complain about stupid gun laws but not bother to contact their elected representatives.

Their attitude is; “why bother? They’re gonna do what they want to anyway.”

With that attitude, the congress critters WILL do whatever they want.

I was involved in politics a lot at one time. The politicians and staffers all told me that they did, indeed, pay close attention to what their constituents said.

This bears repeating. When one person contacts an elected representative about a matter then there are about 1000 to 4000 other voters in that district or state that feel the same way.

I use to go to the gun shows a lot and set up a table to let folks know what was going on with the political end of the gun spectrum.

What amazed me was the amount of gun owners at the shows with the aforementioned attitude.

I saw a lot of tough talk at these shows and in gun stores. Some people would say “I got my 30-30 and I know how to use it. They ain’t taking it away from me.”

These same braggarts talked tough but when it came to getting them to send a postcard to a politician they acted like pussies.

Remember the figure; you’re message tells a Congress critter that there are a few thousand that feel the same as you.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but it’s estimated that during the American Revolution, only about 3% of the colonists ever bothered to fight the British. The rest were either damned Tories or sat back and did nothing to see who won. It’s not any different with some gun owners.

While I agree that we need to contact our elected officials regardless, when was the last time this actually made one smithereen of difference? Sure as shit didn’t on bumpstocks.

So I agree, we should contact them and do what we can, as it’s our right and obligation to do so. However, I don’t, for one second, believe it will make any difference what so ever with those overpaid, pompous, POS’s...

While I do participate, petitions are a joke and I consider them meaningless, ultimately. Just like our politicians do.

I
It's 1.3 million suppressors, not individual suppressor owners. Likely that most people own multiple.

Also, Trump did a lot more than make an 'off the cuff comment.' He had a brief sent to SCOTUS urging them to refuse to hear the Cox case, which had an opportunity to advance suppressor rights. 7 states even signed on in support of Cox. Trump's brief outlined the appeals courts decision that suppressors aren't 'bearable' arms, and are not necessary for the function of a firearm, therefore they are not protected under the 2A.

Some misreporting made it sound a little worse yesterday, but after reading the brief I'm still not to keen on the direction they're going on this.

To my knowledge, this is only the 2nd or 3rd time an NFA item has been used in a crime, and only the 2nd for a suppressor. The previous use was by a LEO who snapped. So what we have is the second major overreaction by the Trump administration. First time a bump stock was used in a mass shooting? Ban them. Second time a silencer was used? Better ban them too.
t may have been the third. There was also a guy that shot people from the trunk of his car with a suppressor

I

t may have been the third. There was also a guy that shot people from the trunk of his car with a suppressor

If you’re referring to the D.C. sniper, they used a shitty bushmaster AR. Either way, it’s irrelevant. The point is, its the smallest fraction of gun crimes I imagine exists.

Reactions: Coughlin2695
I can agree with ya'll, I don't know where you live or how the LE is in your particular area. My point is when Americans say "come and take them" it will force the LE of whom you speak to either stack up outside the door or back off, they will probably choose the latter. The choice cannot be made by few, but by the many.
Many Leo already chose to ignore the constitution... California.. New Orleans after Katrina, red flag states... ruby ridge... Waco branch davidians... g11 summits... no knock warrants... murdering unarmed people in their own house... try as I might I cannot find a Leo that could honestly say he has not violated anyone’s constitutional rights. They have had enough time to turn in badges. If they do outlaw silencers it just takes us one step closer to the fuse being lit.

Reactions: shoot_steel17
What about those suppressor owners who have changed addresses since the purchase?

Are we required to notify the ATF if we’ve moved?

With that said, the CLEO in a new county/state would not know if the new resident had any suppressors.

Given the reputation for government efficiency the ATF may not be able to track down any owners who have moved.

Please correct me if I’m wrong on this.
I just moved and looked this up myself. No you do not need to. They prefer it but it is not legally required

If you’re referring to the D.C. sniper, they used a shitty bushmaster AR. Either way, it’s irrelevant. The point is, its the smallest fraction of gun crimes I imagine exists.
Completely agree. Its just sad how many people are still falling for these tactics. Why ban the most heavily regulated item for gun owners

Reactions: OzzyO20
Absolutely agree. I pray it never resorts to violence and doubt it ever will.

I just think it comes down to how much people believe in the 2nd amendment. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. If they are doing confiscations what does that tell you about the state of our government and its people? It's not about the love of guns, it's about taking power away from the people. So do you open your door and say come in? Or do you meet those fellows at the door. How long will their motivation last?

Do you actually think they will knock?

I just moved and looked this up myself. No you do not need to. They prefer it but it is not legally required
I did some research later, after that post. I discovered that on the back of the Form 4, that there are instructions to write the ATF if your address changes.

So, are those instructions to notify the ATF if the address changes while waiting for the tax stamp only? Or would you have to notify the ATF if you changed address AFTER receiving the tax stamp?

This is what it say on the back of the Form 4:

"Change of Address: Unless currently licensed under the Gun Control Act, the registrant shall notify the NFA Division, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the address in item 2a."

All I will say about this and anything that is firearm related and closely monitored...get to know your local Leo's and other government agencies. A vouch of character goes a long way...

All I will say about this and anything that is firearm related and closely monitored...get to know your local Leo's and other government agencies. A vouch of character goes a long way...

Lets make sure we know who's character we're talking about.

ca9.png

DW_dCYEXkAIFYC5.jpg

Lets make sure we know who's character we're talking about.

ca9.png

DW_dCYEXkAIFYC5.jpg
Didn't mean it that way...local support definitely helps in a shitty affair. Otherwise you are just another whack job that needs to be nailed.

This was how it was in MA when the ar15 ban happened. I stood outside to protest with 20 people max. Everyone else was a keyboard warrior.

The amount of people that kept telling me to move out was insane. I did move for work, but now I see the trickle of anti-gunners in to my state.

Moving out solved nothing. Sranding your ground, both politically and verbally might not be much, but it will at least stop misinformation. And yes, if it ultimately comes to it, a fight to defend your rights is something worth fighting for. But again, that's only if people actually do what they say. Fucking keyboard warriors and big mouths.

Reactions: LeadZeke
So if this newproposal passes. No grandfathering. I suspect that companies wouldn't refund for cans in queue. Most manufacturers would be going out of business. I got one in jail really makes me hesitant on dropping more money on another can and potentially just losing 2 can worth of $$. Stupid communist. I also don't want to wait to long and miss opportunity to get them by waiting to long.

So if this newproposal passes. No grandfathering. I suspect that companies wouldn't refund for cans in queue. Most manufacturers would be going out of business. I got one in jail really makes me hesitant on dropping more money on another can and potentially just losing 2 can worth of $$. Stupid communist. I also don't want to wait to long and miss opportunity to get them by waiting to long.
I bought four more. Also thinking about getting one or two more.

It will take time to make its way through both houses. That is why it’s important to contact the Congress critters and the POTUS,

I also joined the American Suppressor Association. It’s on $35 for the year.

Anyway I am willing to take a gamble on getting them before they may be completely outlawed.

Last edited:
Can you list the EOs Obama issued? I can't find them.

It was the Kalashnikov Concern ban that was done by the Treasury Department under Obama's Executive Order 13661 "Blocking Property of Additional Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine". This was just for KC (Izshevek) and then in 2017 they added Molot to it also.

The M1 re-importation executive order is Executive Order 13637—Administration of Reformed Export Controls

i believe it undid and negated some previous pro-importation laws and allowed them to ban the M1 Garand imports.

is there any other research i can do for you on this since you were unable to find the above items in the first 4 google search results?

Reactions: Blutroop
It was the Kalashnikov Concern ban that was done by the Treasury Department under Obama's Executive Order 13661 "Blocking Property of Additional Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine". This was just for KC (Izshevek) and then in 2017 they added Molot to it also.

The M1 re-importation executive order is Executive Order 13637—Administration of Reformed Export Controls

i believe it undid and negated some previous pro-importation laws and allowed them to ban the M1 Garand imports.

is there any other research i can do for you on this since you were unable to find the above items in the first 4 google search results?
Cool, My search terms were lacking. Thanks!

Reactions: Charger442
I think that, yet again, we are in challenging times but as long as we remain sensible, responsible, and politically engaged, we'll weather this storm. If we decide to ridicule one another and establish splinter groups with individual agendas then we'll look back and recognize why we had to turn our stuff in. I've read enough forums on this particular topic to see that, since the issue in Virginia Beach, there are plenty of law abiding gun owners that are falling into the trap of "Why do they need suppressors?" Too many ill/un-informed people believe that suppressors are silencers (Too many 007 Movies watched....). We need to responsibly and unemotionally explain to those people what a SUPPRESSOR is and why it's yet another tool.

The Sig Guys do a great job of asking the simple question of, "Why is a Gun the only thing that, when operated, creates a noise level beyond an acceptable threshold that isn't regulated?" You can't take the mufflers off your Hot Rod and run straight headers down Main Street without getting pulled over for noise; you can't blast your car stereo on said Main Street without getting a ticket for noise. These are just two examples of the contradiction/hypocrisy our elected officials have created yet we as Firearms owners don't capitalize on this and make salient points to contradict what's currently going on. We can do this in a sensible manner but we must remain UNITED and have sensible reasons WHY suppressors are useful TOOLS (not devices to harm innocent people, as the Media currently portrays them).

I think that, yet again, we are in challenging times but as long as we remain sensible, responsible, and politically engaged, we'll weather this storm. If we decide to ridicule one another and establish splinter groups with individual agendas then we'll look back and recognize why we had to turn our stuff in. I've read enough forums on this particular topic to see that, since the issue in Virginia Beach, there are plenty of law abiding gun owners that are falling into the trap of "Why do they need suppressors?" Too many ill/un-informed people believe that suppressors are silencers (Too many 007 Movies watched....). We need to responsibly and unemotionally explain to those people what a SUPPRESSOR is and why it's yet another tool.

The Sig Guys do a great job of asking the simple question of, "Why is a Gun the only thing that, when operated, creates a noise level beyond an acceptable threshold that isn't regulated?" You can't take the mufflers off your Hot Rod and run straight headers down Main Street without getting pulled over for noise; you can't blast your car stereo on said Main Street without getting a ticket for noise. These are just two examples of the contradiction/hypocrisy our elected officials have created yet we as Firearms owners don't capitalize on this and make salient points to contradict what's currently going on. We can do this in a sensible manner but we must remain UNITED and have sensible reasons WHY suppressors are useful TOOLS (not devices to harm innocent people, as the Media currently portrays them).

Everything that you say makes good sense. However, if taken to a logical extreme, the government nannies could complain about the excessive noise that firearms make and using their circular logic they could make up another excuse to ban firearms.

So I would not necessarily advocate for a requirement for everyone to put a suppressor on their guns. I have black-powder weapons that I would not want to put a suppressor on.

Since I have got my cans I take them to the range and let others shoot them as much as possible. If they have a threaded barrel and are willing, I've taken my gun muffler off of my bang stick and put it on theirs to shoot.

Hopefully, I've got them to thinking about getting a gun muffler to call their own to put on their bang-stick.

Notice that I've had some fun with an alternative term for a suppressor. When I refer to it as a "gun muffler" it gets one to thinking about what a suppressor actually does. As you have pointed out; automobiles are required to have a muffler installed. So why shouldn't we be able to muffle the sound of a firearm?

Everything that you say makes good sense. However, if taken to a logical extreme, the government nannies could complain about the excessive noise that firearms make and using their circular logic they could make up another excuse to ban firearms.

So I would not necessarily advocate for a requirement for everyone to put a suppressor on their guns. I have black-powder weapons that I would not want to put a suppressor on.

Since I have got my cans I take them to the range and let others shoot them as much as possible. If they have a threaded barrel and are willing, I've taken my gun muffler off of my bang stick and put it on theirs to shoot.

Hopefully, I've got them to thinking about getting a gun muffler to call their own to put on their bang-stick.

Notice that I've had some fun with an alternative term for a suppressor. When I refer to it as a "gun muffler" it gets one to thinking about what a suppressor actually does. As you have pointed out; automobiles are required to have a muffler installed. So why shouldn't we be able to muffle the sound of a firearm?
I absolutely agree with you and appreciate your approach as it makes sense! I do want to point out that I wasn't taking a perspective of advocacy for all firearms to be suppressed and attempt that approach because, again, you are correct in what you've stated and some of the logic used by elected officials seeking to do away with guns entirely can find themselves capitalizing on.

I appreciate the social dialogue and feedback; this is how we protect our rights!

Reactions: 1JoeVandal
I absolutely agree with you and appreciate your approach as it makes sense! I do want to point out that I wasn't taking a perspective of advocacy for all firearms to be suppressed and attempt that approach because, again, you are correct in what you've stated and some of the logic used by elected officials seeking to do away with guns entirely can find themselves capitalizing on.

I appreciate the social dialogue and feedback; this is how we protect our rights!

We ought to have a "take your suppressor to the range day" or "muffle your gun and not your rights day."

Not to editorialize, but could the government gut and hobble the executive branch for at least 75% of a full term?

so here in TX the air rifle thing is huge . How is that you can buy a suppressed air rifle to hunt deer with ?? air rifle that can launch a projectile at over 1000 fps with 500 + lbs of energy that will kill deer at 100 + yards . and that is ok ?? confusing is the simple word in a nutshell

so here in TX the air rifle thing is huge . How is that you can buy a suppressed air rifle to hunt deer with ?? air rifle that can launch a projectile at over 1000 fps with 500 + lbs of energy that will kill deer at 100 + yards . and that is ok ?? confusing is the simple word in a nutshell
Federal definition of silencer specifically mentions a chemical expansion that is not present in a air rifle. I like my air rifles and will keep them and my powderburners. Last thing we need is too many people asking questions like that.

I’m just over here wondering if it helps or hinders our cause to somehow have elevated the self described father of the silencer industry to Tactical Life magazine cover girl while he is actually a living argument for the necessity of red flag laws.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
I’m just over here wondering if it helps or hinders our cause to somehow have elevated the self described father of the silencer industry to Tactical Life magazine cover girl while he is actually a living argument for the necessity of red flag laws.
Not sure I understand. Who are you talking about?