• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Could Use a Little Help - Atlas Bipod, ARCA

texasrimfirenut

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2020
East Texas
Gentlemen, I am not understanding which Atlas Bipod I need to get and what if anything I need to get with it. Migrating over to ARCA rail, the Area 419 one.

Most of my current bipods are Harris but I wanted to get an Atlas.

I was going to go with a PRS model of it for the non-rotating legs. Was going to get a BT46 but don't know if I need the -NC or the -LW17 to hook onto the arca rail. And do I need to buy an additional part to connect either one of those to the rail? The -NC would seem to indicate that yes I need an additional part but I don't know what that is.

Sorry for being a bone-head and being confused on this but as I stated, this is my first-time going ARCA and if you don't know, you just don't know.

Thanks for any help.

Again, hate to be the idiot here, but what version of the CAL would you suggest?
I guess I should have been a little more clear, BT65-NC. You want one without a clamp, because you're going to put an ARCA clamp on it. Unless you want a taller version for some reason...it would still be one of the "-NC" versions. They don't offer them with a factory clamp for ARCA rail.

Edit Add: The CAL bipods offer a little wider base than the PRS, and they don't have a "pan" to swivel horizontally. No reason to have that swivel feature in my opinion...it's just another way to get your bipod in a weird position with one leg closer to you and the other one out front.

Yeah, I also like my CAL NC and put an Area 419 clamp on one and an RRS clamp SC-ARC on another that will also go on pic rail as well as ARCA. Bit of $$ but is a very nice bit of quick release kit.

The mounting interface is called A.R.M.S. 17S which just defines the hole size and spacing. Lots of clamps out there will do incl ADM if you want to be a bit more frugal.

P.S. - corrected it from S17 to 17S and this is what that is:

"Compatible with most 17S style bipods with a two hole pattern of 1.10" and 10/32 threads such as those from B&T Industries (BT47-NC and BT46-NC PRS Atlas, BT10-NC V8 Atlas, BT69-NC and BT65-NC Gen 2 CAL Atlas Bipods), Modular Evolution LLC (Short, Medium, and Tall Evolution Bipods), Thunder Beast Arms Corp (TBAC Bipod), and others."​

Last edited:
Reactions: texasrimfirenut
I can’t remember his handle, but the HMFWIC of Atlas is (or was) an active SH member. They are awesome when it comes to client service… and he is a great gentleman!

So see if you can find him and … ask!

Sirhr
Casey. I usually only see him post when he is offering a group buy on a new product. I hope that can still happen but it seems Frank want a cut of anything that's sold here.

If that includes Atlas that's too bad because Casey helped a lot of us out with great deals.

Sorry for being a bone-head and being confused on this but as I stated, this is my first-time going ARCA and if you don't know, you just don't know.
About four years ago, I was where you are now. The choices are confusing.

If you want one-stop shopping, EuroOptic has the bits you need: Atlas BT65-NC bipod ($240) and Really Right Stuff (RRS) BTC-Pro clamp ($80). In stock, free shipping. I've used this combination for at least four years... solid, dependable. The RRS clamp is a dual-clamp design, attaches to both ARCA and picatinny. The one I linked does not have a quick-release lever - EuroOptic carries the same clamp with QR but it's double the price.

Hope this helps. Other than occasional blem sales or lucky-find used ones, I've never seen the bipod "on sale." I've never seen RRS clamps on sale, period, and I was kinda surprised to see them in stock at EuroOptic - last time I looked (during pandemic), they were out of stock pretty much everyplace.

Pasted Graphic.png