• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Counter sniper question/value

Tarheelpwr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
SW PA
A used gun I'm looking at comes with one. Something like 10-40 with red and green illum. I know they're not top end, but are they worth anything? I'm just seeing what I can expect to get to offset the purchase price, if anything.

This thread really has potential. HAHA

Op, whatever $ you could get out of a POS counter sniper is nowhere near the cost of bad will from whomever you unload that POS on and the damage to your good name if you try to sell one around people who know better.

The only real option is to make a deal with the seller to discount whatever "value" the seller thinks its worth. Just buy the gun you are looking at and leave the POS behind.

You should probably sell it starting out around $3,500 and then if you have to, negotiate down to $3,100. Many people on the internet hold them in high regard, comparing them to Schmidt and Bender in regards to quality of glass and ergonomics. There are no tests or proof, but hey, based on internet research, the Counter Sniper Scopes are kick ass!!

Good luck and let us know how much you end of getting for it.

Seriously, OP, that POS "scope" actually diminishes the value of any firearm it is mounted on. It has negative value.

Op, whatever $ you could get out of a POS counter sniper is nowhere near the cost of bad will from whomever you unload that POS on and the damage to your good name if you try to sell one around people who know better.

The only real option is to make a deal with the seller to discount whatever "value" the seller thinks its worth. Just buy the gun you are looking at and leave the POS behind.

Man, you should've let it run for a few pages! Haha! Its the weekend!

Keep the scope and eventually it will come back around and be desirable again by the next generation of shooters. Take it to a gun show in 10 years and sell it for 2k and someone will buy it. The problem with equipment today is that it's "popularity driven". In other words, if a few people recommend it, many rush out to purchase without even thinking about it. Then the next big thing comes along and it's off to the races in the other direction. Look at the "beast", not quite living up to the hype and many have already moved on to something else while some shot their entire wad on this one time purchase and now have to live with it.

I would buy it, They are CLASSIC already? You obviously know what a good scope it is, and how to use it. NO RESEARCH NEEDED!! Be sure to buy a .338 Lapua to go with it, or better yet a .375 or .408 Cheytac, because that is what REAL operators use!! DON'T read here and research, just trust me, You have been here long enough to know what REAL SNIPERS use. 1800 yds is EASY!! just point and click. With that Counter sniper scope, they have two crosshairs... TWO!! more IS better, if you miss with the first shot, use the SECOND crosshair! that's what's it's for!!! EMMM EFFING PERFECT COMBO!!!!! Snipe all day long......NEVER MISS!!!

Those are my thoughts on this matter..... Proceed with purchase of said scope WITH NO RESEARCH NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, not really sure what yo say. It's free on a $500 Savage at the gun shop. Didn't know if trey were worth 50-100$

Only logical inference from that is I'm saying 1800 yds is easy and I'm going to put it on a .408 CT.

Wow, not really sure what yo say. It's free on a $500 Savage at the gun shop. Didn't know if trey were worth 50-100$

Only logical inference from that is I'm saying 1800 yds is easy and I'm going to put it on a .408 CT.

Sorry, you said the magic word and everyone went nuts. That said, I suggest you use it's presence on the gun to demand a discount for you labor to take it off and the cost of getting an old priest and a young priest to purify the gun.

OP, the best tool for removal of that scope is an oxy-acetylene torch, as you proceed with the removal, take extreme care not to damage the rifle or the rail.

Do not worry about damaging the rings....they are goners anyway since they have actually been in contact with that scope.

Flame purifies.

Last edited:

Aww... you ruined what could have been one of the most epic threads ever.

A used gun I'm looking at comes with one. Something like 10-40 with red and green illum. I know they're not top end, but are they worth anything? I'm just seeing what I can expect to get to offset the purchase price, if anything.

If you send it to me, I will do something hilarious with it. I will video tape it and post it up for everyone's enjoyment.