• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

So these have been shipping for almost a year now. How's everyone enjoying their action? I ended up selling mine and embarking on an ar-10 journey.

How would ya'll compare it to the other top under $900 actions like the Origin and Evo II?

So these have been shipping for almost a year now. How's everyone enjoying their action? I ended up selling mine and embarking on an ar-10 journey.

How would ya'll compare it to the other top under $900 actions like the Origin and Evo II?
Absolutely no complaints! Feeding 6.5C from AW mags and it's so smooth you can barely tell that you are picking up a round.

I have not used the Evo or the Origin, so cannot compare. I can say of all my actions this is my favorite and truly think it’s at least equal if not better than any I’ve used in the $1500 range.

And I used to balk at $75. Ahh, the march of time and inflation. I sold some for $50/ea. to a local guy who needed some for a new match gun. A few years ago.

Reactions: Baron23 and st1650
Here’s what it too to get my CDG to fit in an AICS-AT chassis.
IMG_5597.jpeg
IMG_5598.jpeg

Triad Tactical had them in stock for about a 1 1/2 days but are OOS as of a couple of hours ago.

Google .308 AW magazines and get on back in stock notifications with any legit retailer.

Also, I believe Euro Optic will take a back order and deliver when they get them.

Short Action Precision has AW mags in stock as of now:

Short Action Precision has AW mags in stock as of now:

Short Action Precision is a great vendor too.

Alright I am ready to get my hand slapped in the cookie jar... Has anyone elses feed ramp and the part of the action between the lugs and threads turned rainbow kind of like an oil slick? I noticed it after cleaning the barrel. My initial thought was CLR discoloration since I used 4 patches during the cleaning process, but I don't know how it would leak that much with how conservativeI am in how much I apply to patches and the angle I had the rifle tilted at to force it to run forward. I also applied some CLR to another surface on the action and let it sit for a similar period of time and it did not react this way which has me absolutely puzzled as to what might have caused this. Would appreciate in knowing if anyone else has seen this before. I haven't gotten to cleaning the actual action yet so apologies for the dust and crud in it, but I did get a shitty picture of it. Thanks in advance

1712709912215.png

Alright I am ready to get my hand slapped in the cookie jar... Has anyone elses feed ramp and the part of the action between the lugs and threads turned rainbow kind of like an oil slick? I noticed it after cleaning the barrel. My initial thought was CLR discoloration since I used 4 patches during the cleaning process, but I don't know how it would leak that much with how conservativeI am in how much I apply to patches and the angle I had the rifle tilted at to force it to run forward. I also applied some CLR to another surface on the action and let it sit for a similar period of time and it did not react this way which has me absolutely puzzled as to what might have caused this. Would appreciate in knowing if anyone else has seen this before. I haven't gotten to cleaning the actual action yet so apologies for the dust and crud in it, but I did get a shitty picture of it. Thanks in advance

View attachment 8392875

Yeah that’s pretty fucked up, I’ll give you $8 for it, you gotta cover shipping though. ;)

View attachment 8392875

It's normal...

1712711218784.png

Anyone have a 22lr trainer to complement their CDG? With the CDG feeling closer to a typical 90* throw I was thinking Bergara B14R? Obviously there’s Vudoo/Zermatt but not wanting to go all out on a 22lr yet lol

Thanks guys
I have two b14r (probably don’t need both but ya know…) love em. I have arkens on both of them and I’ve been able so far to keep up with a buddy of mines rimx. Unfortunately it like Norma tac22 the most which is not subsonic according to my ears with my supressor on, but it’s dang close and it shoots great at 100 yards! I’ve stretched it out to 480 but didn’t get much consistency that day. 22s are great in my opinion for training.

I have zero experience with the EVO II but I do have an origin so here’s my small take after owning the CDG for roughly 6 months and putting 500 ish rds on it including one 2 day prs match. The CDG has a lot more features but has the possibility to be more finicky and need more tinkering. Getting AICS mags to work can take some altering of mag latches (as advertised BTW) even with adjustable mag latches. Ted has a tendency to change things and come out revisions on products but their customer service has been really good!
The origin is a tried and true no nonsense simple action that shares the control round feed ( I really like) and the inertial ejector (I thought I really liked but in prs I’m really hating). Zermatt once sent me a whole baggie of recoil lug pins after responding in less than 30 min to an email I shot out at 5 am, so just on that experience customer service nod goes to Zermatt, but that’s just one experience on one day, both seem fantastic.
If you swap barrels much at all, the pinned recoil lug is a huge downside to the origin, but that’s it.
Both actions are great for the price, neither action competes in quality with a lone peak or impact, and many people love both. Hate for the CDG is more prevalent I think just cuz it’s so different in feel and function, that we’re still figuring out the best ways to run it, while the Origin is just a simple as can be design.
Hope that answers your question a bit

Alright I finally had a chance to really use this action. Shot the snake river 2 day match (day 2 only due to my primary gun having ammo issues) and I had some very aggravating experiences.
Wondering if anyone else has had anything similar. I am running a triggertech diamond set at over 1 lb, with he pivoting bolt handle so I’m sure that’s the root of the problem, but 3 sperate times I had the firing pin fail to cock. It would chamber but when I pulled the trigger nothing would happen. Open and close the bolt (not moving it rearward) still nothing. Run the bolt and on one occasion, gun went click on a new round but did not hit the primer, no marks at all on it.
I had about 300 rds on the rifle before the match with zero issues. Anyone else run into anything remotely similar? I’ll put the fixed bolt handle in and see f I can get it to replicate the issue but I really like the feel of the pivoting bolt handle a lot more.

Open and close the bolt (not moving it rearward) still nothing
I noticed this in both dry and live fire and discussed it here some time ago. Any minute movement to the rear should have resulted in recocking, FYSA next time.

Alright I finally had a chance to really use this action. Shot the snake river 2 day match (day 2 only due to my primary gun having ammo issues) and I had some very aggravating experiences.
Wondering if anyone else has had anything similar. I am running a triggertech diamond set at over 1 lb, with he pivoting bolt handle so I’m sure that’s the root of the problem, but 3 sperate times I had the firing pin fail to cock. It would chamber but when I pulled the trigger nothing would happen. Open and close the bolt (not moving it rearward) still nothing. Run the bolt and on one occasion, gun went click on a new round but did not hit the primer, no marks at all on it.
I had about 300 rds on the rifle before the match with zero issues. Anyone else run into anything remotely similar? I’ll put the fixed bolt handle in and see f I can get it to replicate the issue but I really like the feel of the pivoting bolt handle a lot more.
Switch triggers not bolt handles. The problem is in the sear ht & bolt handle wont change that.

Sounds like something is wrong with the trigger sear engagement ht. IIRC the hanger only shifts for/aft to tune out cock on close. There are definitely differences between triggers. I'm running a Huber in mine, never an issue in 700 rounds.

For example I just put together a NRL light hunter built on a Mausingfield M7. The Huber sear height was to high causing a bit of drag and cock on close. Switched to a TT Special & all is well. TT sear ht is lower than Huber in my particular instance.

Reactions: st1650
I’m probably getting one for my PRS rifle but I’m doing a modernized M40A5 and opted for a BAT igniter. I feel I can’t go wrong with those

Switch triggers not bolt handles. The problem is in the sear ht & bolt handle wont change that.

Sounds like something is wrong with the trigger sear engagement ht. IIRC the hanger only shifts for/aft to tune out cock on close. There are definitely differences between triggers. I'm running a Huber in mine, never an issue in 700 rounds.

For example I just put together a NRL light hunter built on a Mausingfield M7. The Huber sear height was to high causing a bit of drag and cock on close. Switched to a TT Special & all is well. TT sear ht is lower than Huber in my particular instance.
Any experience with bix n Andy?

Any experience with bix n Andy?
I do not.
They have 3 optional sear heights. I wouldn't hesitate to use them if I ran into the issue & couldn't resolve it with a trigger swap.

I've use the bix reference chart when setting up or trouble shooting a trigger.

Anyone having troubles in their CDG should start here and measure actual sear engagement.

1713114761900.png

I run a 2 stage TT in my CDG at a healthy 1.5 lbs pull weight and never had an issue. I do have a 4oz TT Diamond that I have used for thousands on rounds in my Nuke 2.0 with the 19lbs striker spring and all CCI 450s.
I did have problems with sear height with my RimX and the TT Diamond and rather than mess with the cocking piece I got a BnA with a low sear which I think solved the issue (so far).

Reactions: DubfromGA
Maybe it’s already in here somewhere in the 139 pages of this thread but I was a little bit annoyed by the fact that sometimes the ejector does not allow the bolt body to go into the receiver at first stroke. I asked Aaron Hipp on YouTube as a comment of one of his videos about the CDG and he advised to gentle nudge the ejector forward when this happens. At least it works for me, every time it gets struck.
YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenW