• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Couple yotes and bobcat

copper91

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2007
Rapid City, SD
Hit another contest Sat and calling was slow by all. Winning team had 4. We did end up with 2 yotes and a kitty that I shot at 175,,, didn't want to blow her up with my 6 so a headshot worked nicely. Cat is a 22pnd female with good color

100_1272.jpg

Re: Couple yotes and bobcat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Copper91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thnks SenderoMan,,, have you been whackin any?? </div></div>

yup I have ...

I'll get some pics up...

very good, nice pic, wish the cat price was up a little, just gonna tan and hold on to mine again this yr.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very good, nice pic, wish the cat price was up a little, just gonna tan and hold on to mine again this yr.</div></div>

Probably going to do the same thing with this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sendero,
whats the poundage on that 47" cat??? </div></div>

didn't weigh it, I would guess in the upper 30's to low 40's

it stretches out to 47" inches.

I'll maybe take a pic and post it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very good, nice pic, wish the cat price was up a little, just gonna tan and hold on to mine again this yr. </div></div>

whats a bobcat pelt worth these days?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">back in the day averaged $600 + </div></div>

i heard a guy could get that much but that was awhile ago...i guess that ship has sailed.

just a bummer a nice cat is only worth 100, i sold a 38lb male 2yrs ago for 450, last year and this yr just been skinnin, tannin and hangin em on the wall, i must say, they do make my wall look very nice.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a quick way to tell the difference between bobcats and lynx besides size and the tuffs. Im getting jealous of you guys shooting cats but Im pretty sure 99% of the cats around where I hunt are lynx.

don't know,,, no lynx in my part of the country... Senderoman,, you have a few lynx in WY don't you???

I heard a rumor or maybe just some hope from a guy trapping the cats hard that the price may go up a little at the end of the year. He said he sold a little (yearling) male the other day that brought $135 so maybe there is some hope for a few $300 cats. I was going to toe mine out and tan it but decided to put it up for sale with his at end of year. Got too many in the house already.

Readloadur9, Can hardly sell a coyote here this year with top-end dog bringing $5,,, not a misprint $5.00. Sad. Cats are way down and most of them bringing $100 with top-end maybe getting in the $200 range. hear of some better prices in other areas of the country but furbuyers here don't have to and won't pay too much for any fur. Will put up the cat and wait for better prices.

Nice shooting Cooper91. You boys are lucky, a cat from around here would be lucky to bring $35. The next time I go deer hunting in Wy I'm gonna take my caller and see what I can get to come in.

Nice photo. You must be a smart fellow to call in a bobcat.
smile.gif
I have always sucked at predator calling.