• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Covid Precision Rifle Match

Birch Creek

Warhorse Actual
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Montana
www.warhorsedevelopment.com
Folks,

Due to the large amount of match cancellations, I got with a pile of the folks in the industry and set up a virtual match.

Granted not everyone will be able to participate considering local ordinances and such but it will still be pretty fun.

Instead of a first and second place etc, it will be a participation type match with a random draw at the end of the time period allotted.

You will need a 300 yard range for fullbore or 100 for 22 and the appropriate 2 moa target. A 5 gallon bucket, a 4 ft ladder, a chair and a tripod.

Video yourself doing the stages and poston Instagram or Facebook tagging all of our sponsors and using the hashtag #covidprecisionriflematch

This will go from March 28 - April 11. Drawing will be held at 2 pm MST on April 12.

Sponsors are:
Leupold
Proof
Lilja
Criterion
Vortex
Manners
Anarchy Outdoors
Warhorse Development
Spotter Up
Boltgunners
And more!

link for more information is here:

Entry fee: 0$

Have fun and wash your damn hands!

This is something I can even do at my brother in laws farm correct?

Reactions: Birch Creek
Good deal, I can make this happen probably this week. This is awesome!

Very cool idea. Buddy of mine and I be social distancing at the range this week so this sounds like a good way to get practice in

Do we need to post all the stage videos to be entered or will 1 or 2 work? Not trying to blow up Instagram feeds with my mediocre shooting.....

Do we need to post all the stage videos to be entered or will 1 or 2 work? Not trying to blow up Instagram feeds with my mediocre shooting.....
I think you can post more than one video at a time. So you don’t have to have 5 posts.

Besides that you could always post it with no sound!! And it’s just for fun anyway. Nobody is keeping score, but we are keeping track of how many stages you complete.

Reactions: aljones_315
Damn, now I just need to figure out how and what Instagram is to follow sponsors.

Do we get bonus points for using your bags?

Got these taped today. I’ll get them on social media and tag all the companies today or tomorrow. It was a fun time for sure, thanks again for doing this !

This is awesome!!!

I may do it but I need to create a 2 MOA target

**edit**
actually, I don't own a tripod lol

Last edited:
This is awesome. i'm going to try to squeeze it in this weekend.

6 of us did something very similar last week. i made up 3 stages to do at 100y shooting at 2" squares on paper.

we scored Hits (inside or outside the square), group size, time and submitted them to eachother in a group chat.

we are gonna try to do 3 stages a weekend and keep a running leaderboard

it's really telling to shoot at paper and see your weaknesses

Great idea? Going to give it a shot this weekend with my 22. Too bad it’s not a 3” plate @100 as I have about 5 and no 2”... Gives me something to do in the shop.

i have a 100y range and no .22

it would be sweet if i could do this with my centerfire on a 2 or 3" plate at my house instead of having to go to the private gun club

Do it on paper at a 2 moa target. It’s mainly about having fun and getting out if you are able.

I’ll see about whatwe can do for our non-social media friends. The video sent to me or maybe your videos posted on this thread might work.

And if you use my bags even better! But we even have Cliff Reasor on board with us. So, really I’m fine with anything.

Reactions: Lilja Riflebarrels
Do it on paper at a 2 moa target. It’s mainly about having fun and getting out if you are able.

I’ll see about whatwe can do for our non-social media friends. The video sent to me or maybe your videos posted on this thread might work.

And if you use my bags even better! But we even have Cliff Reasor on board with us. So, really I’m fine with anything.

awesome! i think the intent is still there no matter what we are shooting at.

thanks for putting this together!

Might need to come up with a course of fire for the bug-a-salt with the ranges in my AO all shut.

Stage 1 - BUCKETS
Twist- sand bucket
2” target @ 100 yds
6rnds
50 seconds

22LR SK Rifle Match
Rem 40 XRBR
JP JPAC Stock
Steiner M7 4-28 MSR2
MDT Ckye-Pod
SAP lightweight solo sack

RESULTS
Hits: 4/6
Time: 48s
AAR: Felt rock solid. with little movement wish used heave sand solo sack. dialed 1.2 mils wind. sobering first stage.

COVID buckets.jpg

Stage 2 - LADDERS
Twist- 10 FOOT ladder
2” target @ 100 yds
9rnds
60 seconds

22LR SK Rifle Match
Rem 40 XRBR
JP JPAC Stock
Steiner M7 4-28 MSR2
MDT Ckye-Pod
SAP wiebad heave mfc sack

RESULTS
Hits: 2/9
Time: 60s (timed out last shot)
AAR: top rung missed all over the place. moved and hit 2 in middle. heard 20s left and mind went “well i sure as heck aint timing out” so pew pew pew missed all 3 on bottom got last shot off on beep. i super good as missing fast. dialed 1.2 mils wind. i thought the last stages was a sobering stage hashtagJUSTMISSFASTER

COVID S2 ladder.jpg

Great idea? Going to give it a shot this weekend with my 22. Too bad it’s not a 3” plate @100 as I have about 5 and no 2”... Gives me something to do in the shop.

Grab a cardboard and cut a 2x2 square out of it. Lay it over the 3"plate and paint that area only. Any hit out of the 2" painted zone is considered a miss...

Ha! I rocked the muck boots as well! But I’m not near as fat as I have been. I’ve lost 15 lbs since Shot Show, been working out everyday and eating less. Jim See gave me a talking to about staying healthy and getting rid of the dad bod.

Nice work man! Yeah I started exercising again just the other day after watching myself in that video. I think I've put on the covid19 pounds since Shot. Sad. I've got all kinds of excuses. Boils down to laziness and poor eating. I'm on it. Goal is to drop 30lbs for starters.

#covidprecisionriflematch

Stage 3 - CHAIR
Twist- Baby Backpack Chair
2” target @ 100 yds
8rnds
60 seconds

22LR SK Rifle Match
Rem 40 XRBR
JP JPAC Stock
Steiner M7 4-28 MSR2
MDT Ckye-Pod
SAP wiebad heave mfc sack, lightweigh solo, heave solo, gamechanger, kitchen sink

RESULTS
Hits: 2/8
Time: 60s (timed out last shot)
AAR: with light weight SAP bag, Prone missed R and L. grabbed a staged sand bag went top of chair got 2 hits thought ya i got this. gamed with 2 more bags and front was too low. boss said 20s and i said time to spray and pray. went back top and times out on last shot. i super good at missing fast. dialed 1.2 mils wind. i thought the last TWO stages was a sobering stages hashtagGAMERSGONNAGAME hashtagJUSTMISSFASTERERER

COVID S3 CHAIR.jpg

Last edited:
Weather is holding in socal today, so going out to BLM to shoot this today. Thanks for making this happen and to the sponsors for the raffle.

Extended the match one week. Had a couple folks remind me that the drawing date was Easter Sunday. Didn’t even think of that since all my days are running together now. So you have until April 18 to get your entries done and in. We will do the drawing April 19 at 1400 MST.

Stage 4 - TRIPOD
Twist- Not extending legs
2” target @ 100 yds
6rnds
60 seconds

22LR SK Rifle Match
Rem 40 XRBR
JP JPAC Stock
Steiner M7 4-28 MSR2
MDT Ckye-Pod
Feisol Tripod

RESULTS
Hits: 4/6
Time: 40s
AAR: clamped into pod, had tripod set up for a decent standing shot. for kneeling, i splayed out one leg. very solid went 3/3. moved to standing by colasping one leg and finished with a hit miss L and Miss R. started good and got in my own head thinkin i would go clean. dum dum. dialed 1.2 mils wind. After a rough 3 stages, a decent stage!!! hashtagGAMERSGONNAGAME
???

Attachments

• COVID S4 TRIPOD.jpg
    COVID S4 TRIPOD.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 37
Extended the match one week. Had a couple folks remind me that the drawing date was Easter Sunday. Didn’t even think of that since all my days are running together now. So you have until April 18 to get your entries done and in. We will do the drawing April 19 at 1400 MST.
Thanks!

Got out this last weekend and shot the match with my better half. Since she's a FB, IG person ( and a hell of a lot better looking than me anyway) I video'd her and she posted it up. She had a blast! I may have created a monster.

Thanks again for putting this together @Birch Creek ! This was my first competition!

I bribed my daughter to go and be my RO/camera operator. I don't have any of the social media that you originally requested. Here is my video of the compiled stages. Video has a thanks to all the sponsors as well.

The best part was after I shot the stages, my daughter decided that she could do better than me and asked to shoot the rifle.

After her first 5 rounds she says "I am better than you Dad."

I hope I set the hook!

Tikka Tac A1 6.5 Creedmoor
Ergo grip zero angle grip
6.5mm Gen II Little Bastard brake
Vortex PST Gen I 4-16x50 FFP
Spuhr mount
Harris bipod

Thanks for all that planned this and the sponsors. I'll share my attempt here, but I already did the instgram thing with the tag so don't count me as a double entry.

Last edited: