• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Coyote calls ?

scsbronco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Michigan
Does anyone have any Coyote calls that they love? In particular mouth calls. My dad uses the rabbit in distress.

Re: Coyote calls ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scsbronco</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Does anyone have any Coyote calls that they love? In particular mouth calls. My dad uses the rabbit in distress.</div></div>

for the early part of this season use the coyote pup in distress. Works great.

i usually go to bird calls later in the season. Sometimes you have to throw every sound you have at them to get them to move.

I picked up a flexible rabbit dying call. It sounds pretty good. Some of the guys at work were saying turkey calls are doing the trick too.

ArkyYoter.net

Call Joe or email him and he will build you the hand calls that flat out work and look great to boot at very reasonable prices.

I use pup in distress in summer and Jack rabbit in winter.
There are a lot of great call makers out there, i have alot of custom calls.

Heres my 3 favorites.

Crack predator call to the far left (crack rabbit), and the other two are from guy down here "dogcatcher" one is a jack rabbit and the other is a cotton tail. I killed a lot of yotes and cats this past winter with these.

PB232462-1.jpg

I like a call called Criter-Call it's a open reed call and you can make real good tone and sounds with it. Also the johnny sturt rabbit call it sounds real good and is very easy to use.

don't have high quality calls but i am using a primos ki-yi, lil dog, hadels jackrabbit distress

would love to try some custom calls

Distress calls of any type. The calls that work best are the ones they haven't heard over and over.

My favorite is the Lohman Circe Professional 3-in-1 Call. I have a bunch of them, but this one seems to do the trick more than the rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My favorite is the Lohman Circe Professional 3-in-1 Call. I have a bunch of them, but this one seems to do the trick more than the rest. </div></div>

Not sayin' that's a bad call, cause it's not. But they don't work this far North when it gets cold. They've got metal reeds and freeze up quick. OK for early season though.