• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Coyote Deuce on video

copper91

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2007
Rapid City, SD
Hopefully this will work. My calling partner and I were in another calling contest this weekend (Sat). It was the Varmint Hunters Assoc. video hunt so all teams had to have all their coyote kills on video for the coyotes to count. We won the contest with 6 coyotes and all kills on camera. It was hard as hell to get all of them on video and you had to really pick your stands well. You could have up to 3 people on a team but we elected to just stick with 2 since we call together for all contests,,, my partner ran the camera and I pulled the trigger. We both called.

The video is of the only double we got for the day and we set up off a river bank overlooking a big river bottom... you can't see it but a big bend in the river further down produces another big bottom. These came in about 8 minutes on the stand.

Enjoy

Re: Coyote Deuce on video

Copper91
Outstanding video! Great job stopping the coyote for a shot. I like hearing the bolt throw between shots. Excellent shooting too.

very nice
smile.gif
I have a 300 whisper suppressed im wanting to try on yotes real soon.

well looks like you got lucky...at least you got them even though they didnt present themselves very well. they sure dont make it very easy do they

Cooper91, that is one of the most perfect varmint hunting videos I have seen. The calling, filming, and stopping the coyotes were perfect. And not to mention great shooting. Hats off to you and your shooting partner. Thank you for posting a great video. Please post more if you have them. Thanks again!

Chad

whats your caliber of choice?

I popped one in the neck with a 168gr BTHP out of my LWRC REPR (suppressed) the other day.... it was not good for him. 580 yard shot give or take a few yards.

Excellent!
I love it when a plan comes together...

Awesome, great job!

I really love the sound of a surpressed weapon when you connect on a Dog, thawk - thump!

man, i thought i was going to get to see a coyote take a crap.

good shooting though.

That was some great video. Obviously the guy running the camera is a stud and really knows his stuff. You are very lucky to get to hunt with someone with that kind of coyote knowledge.

Great Video! Love to see yotes getting smoked. That was awesome with the suppressor.

very cool video... what are specks on rifle(cal. and can.) etc....

very good, in my area when you call a pair, you better have a man on each dog, cause when you shoot one the other one don't stick around.

Skinney -- they usually run in my areas also,, can or no can... Stars just aligned on that stand.

My coyote gun is built on a detailed out Rem action w/ a lilja 10 twist, McMillan A2 stock chambered in 6mmVais which is very similar to a 6mmAckley but I can use Lapua brass with the parent cartridge on the Vais (6.5x55). Right now I am using a SRT Shadow XL Ti suppressor and i like it a lot. Very easy on my ears. Topped with a Leo III w/ VH reticle and added the M1 knobs.

We use handcalls mostly but also use a CS-24,,, good caller with good volume for the SD wind.

i hear ya on the SD wind, ya gotta have a caller that reaches out. excellent choice on your can by the way, thats what i shoot as well, love the SRT XL TI shadow very light and quiet, use it on my 308 love the sound suppression, where do you guys get into most of your contests? we been bouncin around east of rapid a couple hours but all the dogs round here are gun shy, they run when they hear a call.

Definitely worthwhile! I would have thought the second dog would have hightailed it when the first shot went off.

Thanks for posting.

david

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hear ya on the SD wind, ya gotta have a caller that reaches out. excellent choice on your can by the way, thats what i shoot as well, love the SRT XL TI shadow very light and quiet, use it on my 308 love the sound suppression, where do you guys get into most of your contests? we been bouncin around east of rapid a couple hours but all the dogs round here are gun shy, they run when they hear a call. </div></div>

there are loads of yotes around the mobrige area. my freind got one that is almost all black the other day thinking about a full body mount with it chasing a pheasant or some thing. i know they have a contest in dupree and mcintosh.

skinney - I hit some areas east of Rapid as well but mainly for recreational yote hunting. You have to hunt them very careful like in those areas becuase lots of people blowing the whistle. Most of the Small towns around have a contest and most of them are listed in the "profit" newspaper. Philip, Interior, Belvidere, pierre, Dupree, Murdo, Midland,,, all have contest and many more out there but can only go to one a weekend. We go where there yotes are at for the contest meaning that we scout a ton before contests and don't mess with them until its time.

Haven't hunted around Mobridge but heard lots of dogs up there as well.

And, i do get nervous around CedarButt,, but he does know what it takes to hit the contests hard.

I'll try to get a coupld more video clips up of some singles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
there are loads of yotes around the mobrige area. my freind got one that is almost all black the other day thinking about a full body mount with it chasing a pheasant or some thing. i know they have a contest in dupree and mcintosh. </div></div>

i basically hunt all private land, how is the public over in that area, lots of places to get @ if there is a contest we would enter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Copper91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'll try to get a coupld more video clips up of some singles. </div></div>
nice, pm sent.

As I was out last night freezing my ass-off for some coyote & got skunked. I appreciate &, I got to say, good example too for just throwing of random Vid. ... 'most Excellent'.
They/pair were coming in Hot & Hungry. looked like they were staying Wary but still in there minds were in competition with each other (to be 1st) to get in an scavenge.<span style="font-weight: bold"> You were & stayed pretty relaxed and in control too. Sweet Job.</span> You can only take what they give you. & nice technique to stop and hold for shot placement. Damn I'm jealous.