• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coyote grabs kid

"They also do not breed with your dogs. ...... They aren't a real thing. T"
You are not accurate in your statement
coyotes can breed with dogs. Does it happen regularly, I doubt it, but it can happen.
from article - So can a coyote breed with a dog? The answer to that is a yes. A coyote and a dog are biologically connected. With that, they are perfectly capable of producing offspring.

yes to this . I popped a female dog about 4-5 years back that looked odd . It had really short legs, and not normal shaped like every other Coyote I ever shot or ever seen around here . It had to have been a 1st gen. cross breed . All/every coyote here in the OR. NW. are tall, long leg, thin and I dont think I have ever shot a dog here that was ever over the 40 lb. weight, good big size dogs here maybe 35 -38 LB.
I pretty sure that when a cross breed does happen. the non dominant domestic gene gets quickly pushed out after 1 or 2 breed cycles like it never existed .

Reactions: babyguppy
"They also do not breed with your dogs. ...... They aren't a real thing. T"
You are not accurate in your statement
coyotes can breed with dogs. Does it happen regularly, I doubt it, but it can happen.
from article - So can a coyote breed with a dog? The answer to that is a yes. A coyote and a dog are biologically connected. With that, they are perfectly capable of producing offspring.
Nobody said they aren't capable, they are absolutely capable, but it doesn't happen. Read what I said about all of the testing that has been done on "odd looking coyotes", or "dogs who look like they are part coyote". It just doesn't happen. A big reason is that domestic dogs don't survive as coyote pups. This is all well researched and documented. They just aren't out there. But, nobody ever said they can't exist. They definitely have existed, but like I said, you'll find Bigfoot twice on your journey to find one.

Not Coyotes Breeding, but for Feline . twice in my life, I have ran across full litters of Bobcat x-breed with litters doing really well and healthy. Both times was female domestic with the Bob. being the father.

Not Coyotes Breeding, but for Feline . twice in my life, I have ran across full litters of Bobcat x-breed with litters doing really well and healthy. Both times was female domestic with the Bob. being the father.
I had a bobcat mix as a teenager. Bobtailed, grew to probably 20lbs. Climbed trees like a leopard. I never fed it after it was maybe 6 months old. It killed a rabbit or a squirrel about daily. Killed birds like the avian flu. Once it was grown it just went full on feral and disappeared into the woods. I got it at a flea market when I was around 14 years old. I didn't even like cats, but I watched it beat the brakes off all of its litter mates and decided I liked that one.

Reactions: BurtG
Nobody said they aren't capable, they are absolutely capable, but it doesn't happen. Read what I said about all of the testing that has been done on "odd looking coyotes", or "dogs who look like they are part coyote". It just doesn't happen. A big reason is that domestic dogs don't survive as coyote pups. This is all well researched and documented. They just aren't out there. But, nobody ever said they can't exist. They definitely have existed, but like I said, you'll find Bigfoot twice on your journey to find one.
pretty bold statement. you are saying "never" to something that is entirely possible. and your statement contradicts itself...."They definitely have existed, but like I said, you'll find Bigfoot twice on your journey to find one."