• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Coyote hunt/target shoot East Tx

glocksig40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2009
Noth Dallas 40 Texas
Coyote hunt and target shoot in Crockett, Tx. I have several openings for this weekend hunt/shoot. (MARCH 5TH - 7TH). Hunt and shoot is free. $65 for 4 meals and beer & sodas. We will target shoot Saturday and hunt Saturday evening and night. I will have multiple targets arranged over a large bottom pasture from 100-800+yards. This will include paper targets to zero as well as steel, eggs and skeet at various ranges. After the shoot we will have campfire dinner then hunt yotes until done. I will provide guides to call during hunt. The $65 will provide breakfast Saturday, BBQ hog and sausage Saturday lunch and Ribeye steak dinner Saturday night. Sunday breakfast. This will also offset the cost of dinner for guides. Beer will be provided to those not professional drinkers. We have a camphouse with beds for 6. Others can throw down a cott or air mattress. Anyone wanting to bring the travel trailer may do so. No electric or water hookups though. I am open to 12- 15 shooters but need firm confirmation asap. I will have to order Ribeye steaks and food 1 week prior. If you want to shoot/ hunt but do not want meals or drinks provided you are welcome to do so for free but please remember the guides and others are donating their time to help everyone enjoy. Please send your $65 to me directly. Pm me to get info where to send it. I assure you, you will get your moneys worth plus some. Those interested that don't know me can pm Capt Kick Ass or 427 Cobra to verify that I'm not going to screw you out of your cash. If that's not enough get with me & we will work out something. Please let me know asap. We have about 5 shooters riight now.**We will also set up to shoot rimfires or handguns if you like***
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Date Change!!!!! Now on March 5th thru 7th.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Re: Coyote hunt/target shoot East Tx

Man,
That is a hell of an offer.........I have to work, dammit.
thx from all of us,
Jordan

I grew up in the country and we always had weekends with trail rides, hunting and fishing with friends. Everyone pitched in and we all had fun. No reason not to do the same thing with shooting. Its all about having fun doing what you like.

I'm good for 2 slots. PM sent.
CW

Whoa. Just saw the change of date. That weekend won't work for me. Sorry!
CW

Sorry for the date change CW. We will do this again, probably in May depending on how this one goes. If it changes where you can make it, let me know.

No problem. Let me know when the next one will be.
CW

look forward to it

Arbor. You know where that is? East on Hwy 7 about 10 miles from Crockett and a couple miles from Kennard. Borders the National Forrest. If you are interested, send me a pm with email and I will send the details.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will pick you up at the DFW airport if you want to go. Anything else? </div></div>

that is a heck of an offer , much appreciated but i have to pass.
however let me extend an invatation to come visit here and get your fill of , clouds , rain , hippies and tree huggers , green peace actavists, . lol.

That is a heck of an offer. I have some property in Cherokee County but it is all wooded (and hilly) -- not good for coyotes and no long shots whatsoever.

Definitely re-post this for your May shoot. I am taking my crew Elk hunting in west Texas that weekend... sure does sound like fun bro.

Thanks! Will have to check with the wife. Let you know tomorrow. Sounds like you maybe less than 1 hr from Alto?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brians708</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely re-post this for your May shoot. I am taking my crew Elk hunting in west Texas that weekend... sure does sound like fun bro.</div></div>

Will do bro,

Cool. No longer live in Alto, but get back occassionally. Would love to try to make it. I'll check back with you tomorrow. Thanks for putting this kind of thing together!

Is this a kid friendly event? I.E. My 11 year old daughter?

Im good for two spots. Pm sent.
Possibly three if its kid friendly. And it will not cause me any butt hurt if its not. Just know my young un would love it.

Ok I'm going to have a waiting list going forward. I have replied to everyone so far. I need firm confirmation from all who I have contacted. I need to know if you need camp house. I will need payment by the 22nd of February so I can order the food. The order goes in the 22nd. And once ordered I can't stop it. Anyone who confirms then needs to canx. I will refund money until the order goes in. If you canx after the order goes in the next person on the waiting list will fill in behind you. If they fill in and make payment, I will refund your money after that. I will keep up with the list and keep you informed.

Never mind on the daughter question. She already has plans.

And stacyp, I can bring an old johnny stewart electronic call. Its cassette but works good, and I have numerous tapes. Im looking forward to this.

stacyp- Make that 3 of us Longview boys.

Check is in the mail.

Got 3 for guys in Longview. I still need confirmation from a couple. But the waiting list is growing. Thanks a lit for the response. We will be doing this more in the near future. It will get somewhat bigger and better as the next ones are in the planning stages. Thanks again.

Stacy I am looking forward to it. It will be a good time. Thanks for putting this together.

Glad to Bro. Im sure it will be fun. Working on next shoot now. Will be bigger and better. I think the list is going to be full with people requesting a spot on the waiting list. I will have it together in a few weeks.

Right now I have confirmed 12 people and holding a spot for one more waiting confirmation. I have a waiting list that is considerable in size. Anyone who is interested in future range days/ hunts please pm me so I can build the list of contacts. Thanks everyone

So who all is attending? Post em up so we are all in the know.
We might be able to add to the fun before we even get there.

Obviously, I will be attending. I am bringing two non-hide members. But hunting/shooting enthusiats they are.

Anyway........ Roll call!

Couple of hookers from south Dallas, a dog catcher from San Antonio, 2 tree huggers from Mojave California, Uncle Ted Nugent, Duck Commander Phil, the Aflac duck and Gieco Geko, 3 bikers from Sturgis and Al Gore. But the hookers swear they are clean!

Dude! I am NOT hangin' around a dog catcher. Just forget it!

From the hide we will have:
Capt Kick Ass (thanks for donating your steel targets by Outlaw Welding)
Capt Jordan is coming
blklabs and he has 3 others in his group (thanks for the use of your call)
Dallas12 is coming
mis-guided child has 2 others with him (thanks for the use of your call)
We will also have Cort Andrews from Corsicana and Ben Ewing from Houston
(thanks to Ben for also bringing steel targets)

I have a caller, and am a pretty experienced caller to, if you need an extra guide.....
J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the hide we will have:
Capt Kick Ass (thanks for donating your steel targets by <span style="color: #FF0000">Outback</span> Welding)
Capt Jordan is coming
blklabs and he has 3 others in his group (thanks for the use of your call)
Dallas12 is coming
mis-guided child has 2 others with him (thanks for the use of your call)
We will also have Cort Andrews from Corsicana and Ben Ewing from Houston
(thanks to Ben for also bringing steel targets) </div></div>

4 of his targets and 6 others I have

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captjordan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a caller, and am a pretty experienced caller to, if you need an extra guide.....
J </div></div>
thanks for volunteering your call. I'd appreciate it if you brought it. I should have enough guides but thanks and I will keep you on reserve.

Stacy? Do I need to bring a hog on ice? Its about 70lbs on the hoof? I wasnt clear on this.

thanks for the offer but we got plenty pork. I think every rancher in the county would be pissed if you brought another hog in here. Everyone has traps. The abundace of hogs has created several new hunting outfitters. Again thanks and as long as the gate stays closed on the pen we got pork.

No problem. Well if anything else pops into your mind to bring
dont hesitate to ask.
What about 4wheelers?

You are welcome to bring 4 wheelers to ride back and forth from camp to the shooting area or maybe while hunting, up to you. The only other thing may be spot lights for hunting. Maybe folding chairs. I have most everything, but if you think of something please bring it.
We will have 3 groups of 4 hunting. We have enought space to hunt 2 groups close by the house. I will take the 3rd group out to another of our places as well as a couple other places. It will be about 20 minute ride in the pickup. We will be able to drive in and park then hunt on foot. This will give each group plenty of room to not be on top of each other. I have a group of 4 from Huntsville that will be together. Your group of 3 plus one other and then a mixed group of 4. Thats if everyone pays and shows up. If not we will group up and go.

We got the shooting skills game ready. Cost is $20 per shooter. I have emailed the game rules. 1st 3 places get prizes. I have a TAB sling from Rifles Only with disconnect buckles and flush cup slings this will include set of flush cup bushings. I have a TAB gear shooting mat from Rifles Only. 3rd is a North Texas Rifle Precision shooters data book. I will give all prizes away with enough participation. Everyone needs to get in on this. Capt. Kick Ass and I will not be shooting.

That sounds like a lot of fun, just cant make it in March... I will watch for the May hunt. Thanks for the generous offer!

Sure thing Jawa, the next shoot is in work. I will post it as soon as the details are worked out. I'm looking forward to it.

What is the timeline? Show up Friday afternoon, eve., or early on Sat? Start shooting what time on Sat? Leave Sun. about what time?
thx
jordan

No set in stone schedule. Everyone is welcome to fall in Friday aftenoon whenever. I'm sure some guys are looking for a reason to get off work early. The range will be set up Friday afternoon. We will meet up and have some dinner and beers around the fire. Meet each other and the landowner. Brag about how badass shooters you are and make bets on what you're going to do the next day. Have breakfast Saturday morning about 7:30 and then get to it. Shoot all day. Have lunch during shooting. After the range, eat dinner with guides and then go hunting. After hunting return to the camp fire and talk about how badass shooter you are again. Sunday morning breakfast and clean up. Break camp and head home at your leasure. You will be challenged during the shoot! It won't be your regular range with a dirt berm and targets set out at defined distances. You're going to have to look for your targets, range them and shoot. It's gonna be fun.

Stacy I keep getting more excited everyday about this. Thanks for putting it on, I know come Saturday morning, I will be rolling out of the rack and heading your way early. Two of us Huntsville boys have younguns <1 yr, so we won't be staying Friday night but we will be there as soon as we can on Saturday morning.

Right on. Let me know if we need to cook for you Saturday morning or not. Are the other 2 coming Friday night?