• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Craft and Home Brewers wet dream...

CoCaDoRi

revived old guy
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2001
South Central North Dakota
This is what I do now...

Sort of a Craft and Home Brewers wet dream...

These are pics of Chinook Hops... the smell is outstanding in the heat of the day...

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

Re: Craft and Home Brewers wet dream...

What are you growing on the back 40?

Great looking stuff. Thank you for your efforts. I'll do my best to keep you busy!
wink.gif

Switch,,, hehe not really "rows" but pounds...

We have Chinook, Centennial, Magnum, Mt. Hood, Willamette, Tetnang, Haltauer, Sterling, Perle and EK Golding.

Used in several IPA's, Stouts, Ales, Pilsners and the like...

Some very very good beer here.

Which ones are the 'Noble Hops' that Sam Adam's Jeff Koch reffered to?
If I could brew up an IPA I would go with a little extra hop, but not as much as that bottle of Hop Stoopid I had. That stuff was killer good, but a little much on the hop essense

Noble hops are more for aroma... typically, low bitterness high aroma. There are 4 varieties that he is talking about. Low alphas and beta content, high oil content.

Hallertau, Tettnang, Saaz and Spalt.

Unfortunately they are hard to grow. They are susceptible to the variety of hops disease out there. Most are imported from the land of beer Gods. I am trying to grow tettnang and hallertau... grrrr its a beotch.

I use chinook hops in my IPA . We could of used you a couple years ago when we couldn't find hops anywhere.

please turn that into Smithwicks and send it my way.

Thanks

The type of Hops we grow and the quality we have sell for $14-$16
per lb. We will ship
wink.gif

I'm more than impressed with the quality of beer here in Asheville.

Bill and Switch, There is a brewery here that has a Mocha Stout. Believe it or not it is AWESEOME with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it!!!

Yes, we have the Lab equipment to Measure Alpha's, Beta's and oils.

Looks like real good hops on a large production. I think Slovenia only has about 1% of the worlds hops production. Believe it on not. USA is far and away the largest Hops producer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cacodo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, we have the Lab equipment to Measure Alpha's, Beta's and oils.

Looks like real good hops on a large production. I think Slovenia only has about 1% of the worlds hops production. Believe it on not. USA is far and away the largest Hops producer. </div></div>

Yakima, Washington is a big hops producer. I once got trapped behind a semi-truck open-top trailer full of freshly harvested hops. It was a pleasant driving experience.

Yeah but in tiny countries percentages are larger than in larger countries
smile.gif
smile.gif

As some old folks have told (was going to do a homebrew)me the key ingredient is water rest can be somehow "fixed" or tolerated poor quality water can't.

Shankster,

I've hunted pheasants in some of those Hops fields in Yakima. They seem to enjoy the aroma also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muley Fanatic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shankster,

I've hunted pheasants in some of those Hops fields in Yakima. They seem to enjoy the aroma also. </div></div>

You be right. They love that area. No problems for them. Most people don't hunt hop fields... and they have an abundance of good food.

Cheers.

Yeah the odds of getting to hunt in a hop field here in Yakima is really low, you have to know one of the owners of a field personally. I have been trying to get out there for years to shoot ground squirrels with no luck. It is great when they start harvesting them and bailing them up and we get some stagnant air, the whole valley starts to smell like hops, hmmmmmm love that smell. Does the same thing when a hop barn catches on fire, but I hate seeing all the hops go to waist!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hops go to waist</div></div>

Nice typo as that is the place it goes if used properly and in adequate quantities
smile.gif
smile.gif

oops... sorry I am a horrible speller, then add on top of that about 4 hours of sleep a day for the past how many days I don't know, and I will make one or two slip ups. At least this one was kinda funny....