• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Crane MK13 Mod? Specs

We don't use them. We have the 2010s now. Collecting dust

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The Stiller MK13 action is a TAC 300 with a different engraving, the RFID tag and minor change in finishing from what I've read; I have one too. It comes with a stiller 20 MOA action rail and is drilled, however, in the AI MK13 AX chassis kit, there is a replacement action rail labeled Stiller TAC 300 20 MOA which fits the MK13 action, as you would expect and this gives you a same height contiguous rail between action rail and forend rail. Using a MK13 action in a Mod 5 would mean addressing the different mounting hole locations of the stiller MK13/Tac 300 action rail holes and the holes in the Badger/Remmy Mount.

What surprised me about the MK13 action is only the top rail has MOA, none of the side rails have MOA in them, I would expect you'd want a laser designator/PEQ on same plane, so my speculation is peqs would be run on the top of scope caps or on the top rail of the new set up, but just speculation on my part.

It seems a quite abrupt taper contour (to 0.800" @ 26"). Also why is this contour length quoted till 28" and not 26"?....

Just beacuse they have specs for a barrel out there, does not mean they are the sole source.

The Stiller MK13 action is a TAC 300 with a different engraving, the RFID tag and minor change in finishing from what I've read; I have one too. It comes with a stiller 20 MOA action rail and is drilled, however, in the AI MK13 AX chassis kit, there is a replacement action rail labeled Stiller TAC 300 20 MOA which fits the MK13 action, as you would expect and this gives you a same height contiguous rail between action rail and forend rail. Using a MK13 action in a Mod 5 would mean addressing the different mounting hole locations of the stiller MK13/Tac 300 action rail holes and the holes in the Badger/Remmy Mount.

What surprised me about the MK13 action is only the top rail has MOA, none of the side rails have MOA in them, I would expect you'd want a laser designator/PEQ on same plane, so my speculation is peqs would be run on the top of scope caps or on the top rail of the new set up, but just speculation on my part.

Why would a side rail have MOA? The optic and the round are calibrated to impact on one point. The bullet is in a non-liner flight path. Any Laser will go on a strait path (for these purposes) to that same point of convergence.

Its been a while since my last geometry and trig class, but having a MOA rail on the side will not impact the "flight path" of the bullet at the same point the bullet and optic meet. I may be wrong but I don't think so.

Why would a side rail have MOA? The optic and the round are calibrated to impact on one point. The bullet is in a non-liner flight path. Any Laser will go on a strait path (for these purposes) to that same point of convergence.

Its been a while since my last geometry and trig class, but having a MOA rail on the side will not impact the "flight path" of the bullet at the same point the bullet and optic meet. I may be wrong but I don't think so.

That makes complete sense. I was thinking same plane from bore but once you move to the side you're looking at the side of the of the flight path.

Thanks

Can anyone here give me the dimensions for the barrel (suppressor) taper on the barrel and pin cut dimensions for the Mod 5? Seams to be a national secret.