• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Crappie Anyone?

Bradley

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2007
Carnesville,Georgia
I caught this sucker while bass fishing...

and yeah, that's a 32oz gatorade.

DaddysFish007.jpg

Re: Crappie Anyone?

Nice! Hope u plan on putting that one on the wall. What did it weigh? 5-7lbs?

I don't know what it weighed but it's 17" long and a snuff can fit snugly in its mouth. I caught him on a buzz bait and I thought it was another three or four pound large mouth. When it surfaced the water my brother liked to have turned the boat over trying to grab ahold of it. He was screaming "Don't let him get away, don't let it come off, that's the biggest crappie you'll ever catch!" I looked down and sure enough, it was the biggest crappie I'd ever caught or even saw in person.

He's going on the wall!

My god that is the biggest crappie i have ever seen.
Best fresh water eating that i have ever tasted.imo.

You did good there friend.........

I've caught some good sized crappies before, but that is a beast! Good catch!

467: You must have never had fried or grilled fresh walleye before I take it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jester8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've caught some good sized crappies before, but that is a beast! Good catch!

467: You must have never had fried or grilled fresh walleye before I take it? </div></div>

+1 caught some walleye this last weekend, damn tasty fish...
smile.gif

Beautiful Crappie, good catch!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">by the way, nice sock line! </div></div>

WTH you doing looking at my legs anyway?
blush.gif

Thanks for the comments fellas!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BVEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

WTH you doing looking at my legs anyway?
blush.gif

</div></div>

I was blinded by the light!!

I've caught some slab crappie before, 17-19", but that thing looks like she's got some shoulders on her. That's probably a true 3 pounder, which is rare even with the crappie we have around here. I'll have to ask my dad to find some of his old snag fishing picks from back in the day, there's one pic of a 2 car carport covered with newspaper and crappie lined up in rows covering the whole damn thing (***snag fishing was legal in season back then****).

Are you sure thats not a large mouth bass wearing a crappie suit? Nice catch and good size on that crappie.
Andy: where did you go for walleye? I didn't think they had those in NM. Alittle warm for them isn't it? Smile. I'm going for smallies and walleye up in Lake Erie at the end of this month. I'm not really counting on the walleyes because it's getting alittle late for them but the small mouths oughta be sweet...SmokeRolls