• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Crappy day at the range

Jim the Plumber

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Got my NF 3.5x15 back form NF after having them change the knobs to zero stop, mil.
Stuck it on my 24" heavy bbl AR-15 and went shooting.
100 yard zeroed in 3 rounds, set the zero stop and double checked. Good to go.
Went to the 600 yard line with the 60 grain Nosler bt seconds over top of 23.3gr of Benchmark.
scratched my head thinking I could get close with 4 mils up, checked the USA flag behind me, well maybe 1/2 mil left hold. Squeezed one off, waited, ding, missed dead center by less than 1/2"! The problem? No witnesses and I had planned on shooting for a half hour or so, but all I could do after that shot is shoot worse so I packed it up:-(

Re: Crappy day at the range

No witnesses.......I'm not buyin it Jim
whistle.gif

Kirk R

But... I never have a shortage of witnesses when I screw up on target. Grandson, son-in-law, daughter, wife... the list goes on.

That is so freakin' funny. Reminds me of setting out for a day fishing. I caught 8 keepers in the first 20 mins, packed up and went home.

Lee.

I wish I had a few of your crappy days at the range. Not trying to step on your post, but the first liar dosn't have a chance. Purchased a remington 504 to teach my wife how to properly shoot a bolt gun. Topped it with a 3x9 Luppy, Went to the rang zeroed it at 25yrds. Thought we'd start small and work up. Handed the gun to my wife who proceeded to out shoot my ass for the rest of the afternoon. Turns out I learned to never underestmate anyone your shooting against. Now that's a crappy day at the range. Hard to explain to all your buddies as well. One things for sure, not going to teach her how to shoot high powers. At least this way I can get our of range when she's mad.

Could have been alot worse, you could have talked shit to some idiot redneck 270 hunter, and then not hit anything!