• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Crazy 4th of July sale at Night Goggles and TNVC

Looks like some great deals! The minimum specs are a bit lower than their standard models, but seems to be reflected in the price. Nice that they kept the warranty too. Now there's no excuse for not having night vision 😀

Any insight on running lower spec dual tube such as these vs high spec pvs14 (unfilmed snr:32, 74 resolution). Or alternatively if the higher spec single is worth $1k more? I am trying to decide this weekend and purchase.

The higher spec tubes will be most noticeably better in low light conditions. Price to spec seems reasonable (30% price increase for 30% better tube), so it's a matter of deciding how much you want to spend. My buddy recently picked up a nice omni 5 tube which I imagine would be comparable to these new tnvc units - side by side compared to an unfilmed white pvs 14 the image is noticeably less sharp and bright; however, in practical usage we haven't found anything you can do with one that you can't do with the other.

Is this your first night vision purchase? What are your intended uses?

One way to look at it is a nice white single tube for ~ $2,300 isn't going to lose much value if you buy it and decide it's not what you want.

Reactions: Jgunner
Yes, it will be first night vision purchase. My use will be primarily a mixture of nighttime predator control (have some livestock that is getting harassed lately) as well as backcountry navigation for fun and some stargazing. If I do go dual eventually want to be able to split the tubes as I have wife and kids and can’t afford to get too many night vision devices.

Reactions: Jgunner
Makes sense - most people end up with more than one eventually. You've got a couple of options - one would be to buy a high spec unfilmed white pvs 14 and just use it for a while, and then down the road if you want a second to use as a loaner, you could buy a less expensive unit for the family member (or a set of goggles if you wanted to go that direction). At that point you'd have some reference point for specs you're happy with and could make a more informed decision. Alternatively you could do those purchases in reverse if that makes more sense financially.

Another option would be to get something like a mod3b, which is a goggle setup that allows you to pull the pods off and use them as single tubes.

Duals are cool, but you're paying a huge premium to be able to see the same amount (still a 40° field of view, just have both eyes seeing). Starting with a 14 always seemed like a good idea to me (and is the order I made my purchases in) to allow you to get your feet wet and see how you feel about it.

Yes, it will be first night vision purchase. My use will be primarily a mixture of nighttime predator control (have some livestock that is getting harassed lately) as well as backcountry navigation for fun and some stargazing. If I do go dual eventually want to be able to split the tubes as I have wife and kids and can’t afford to get too many night vision devices.
Honestly, if you have good ir lights or lasers, these will be awesome. Its when there is almost no light that it will make the biggest difference. I have a lower end pvs14 in green, but has a Blem on the edge(doesn’t bother me at all, blocks zero view) and its been great. In total darkness or basically just star light it can be hard to see, but with even a small led ir flashlight its like walking around in daytime

Will, these are XLS tubes. Aren't these the ones that allow blems and spots in Zone 1?

It would be nice for sure to know what the blem/spot specs are on these.

Here is a video talking about the breakdown of the Elbit line of tubes.

Yes there is 1 spot allowable in Zone 1/ 6 spots max overall.

Will, these are XLS tubes. Aren't these the ones that allow blems and spots in Zone 1?

It would be nice for sure to know what the blem/spot specs are on these.

Sam did a video on the Elbit tube grades YH (mil-spec), SLH (what would be a NVD HP+), and the XLSH (these tubes).
Elbit Tube Ratings Video

They have more allowable spots (6 versus 5 for SLH and 4 for YH) with 1 spot allowable in zone 1. The minimums are also lower but the price reflects that. The crazy thing is that almost all of the high spec Elbit WP's that you see posted online and on Instagram are these XLSH tubes, so they can have some stellar specs. Kind of similar to the L3Harris 1701 filmless WP tubes. My tubes are 1701's and they have higher specs than I've seen on some 22UM's.

These prices are awesome for someone wanted to get their feet wet with a -14 but where I see the bigger value is for someone who wants binos. $5,600 for gen 3 WP RNVG's with a 10 year warranty is crazy. That's lower than some places selling RNVG's with gen 2 Echos. Even if you got lower spec tubes, I'd rather have a bino with lower spec tubes than a mono with high specs. That's just me but I think most veteran users feel the same way.

IMO, if budget isn't an issue for someone and they want high specs, they are better off ordering tubes with higher spec minimums or doing a hand select option/special spec requests. TNVC posted on ARF that they are not offering hand select option for these tubes. In other words, if I was already planning on special ordering high spec filmless WP or Elbit WP, I wouldn't buy these instead unless you're okay with potentially lower specs & spots and doing it for the $$ savings.

Sam did a video on the Elbit tube grades YH (mil-spec), SLH (what would be a NVD HP+), and the XLSH (these tubes).
Elbit Tube Ratings Video

They have more allowable spots (6 versus 5 for SLH and 4 for YH) with 1 spot allowable in zone 1. The minimums are also lower but the price reflects that. The crazy thing is that almost all of the high spec Elbit WP's that you see posted online and on Instagram are these XLSH tubes, so they can have some stellar specs. Kind of similar to the L3Harris 1701 filmless WP tubes. My tubes are 1701's and they have higher specs than I've seen on some 22UM's.

These prices are awesome for someone wanted to get their feet wet with a -14 but where I see the bigger value is for someone who wants binos. $5,600 for gen 3 WP RNVG's with a 10 year warranty is crazy. That's lower than some places selling RNVG's with gen 2 Echos. Even if you got lower spec tubes, I'd rather have a bino with lower spec tubes than a mono with high specs. That's just me but I think most veteran users feel the same way.

IMO, if budget isn't an issue for someone and they want high specs, they are better off ordering tubes with higher spec minimums or doing a hand select option/special spec requests. TNVC posted on ARF that they are not offering hand select option for these tubes. In other words, if I was already planning on special ordering high spec filmless WP or Elbit WP, I wouldn't buy these instead unless you're okay with potentially lower specs & spots and doing it for the $$ savings.
So while Sams video explains what the designation on the Elbit Data sheet means, the second part of his video was basically a trash NVD on their HP, P, etc inter company designations and alleged "thousands" of dollars of up charges.

I have a Elbit WP XLSH PVS 14 that came from NVD and it is very clean with zero spots in any zone and there was no significant up charge as Sam claims.

Reactions: jwramp
@Will-1

So Sam showed a XLSH in his video explanation. But the TNVC listing shows those as XLS.

Is there a difference between XLSH vs XLS? I am under the impression that the XLS is an even lower grade tube than the XLSH.

Elbit Tube Ratings Video

Will is correct. We wanted an offering for budget minded folks, but still offer the 10 year tube and life time system warranty and this is what NightGoggles is all about who btw will soley be carrying these units after the sale concludes July 13th. The demand has been overwhelming and I am answering as many PM's as I can here as well. Thank you.

Will is correct. We wanted an offering for budget minded folks, but still offer the 10 year tube and life time system warranty and this is what NightGoggles is all about who btw will soley be carrying these units after the sale concludes July 13th. The demand has been overwhelming and I am answering as many PM's as I can here as well. Thank you.
So Vic, what is the difference between a XLSH and XLS rating.

So while Sams video explains what the designation on the Elbit Data sheet means, the second part of his video was basically a trash NVD on their HP, P, etc inter company designations and alleged "thousands" of dollars of up charges.

I have a Elbit WP XLSH PVS 14 that came from NVD and it is very clean with zero spots in any zone and there was no significant up charge as Sam claims.

I can't speak for Sam but I think what he is alluding to is that NVD makes their own grades and prices them according to the specs whereas they don't do that.

I don't see a problem with how NVD does it but it is confusing on the surface since they have 6 grades for their GP tubes listed on their website. They do it different with WP only listing two grades which is better and less confusing.

@ Will-1. Yeah I am cool with all that.

The big thing I want to know at this point is: what is the difference between the XLSH and XLS designation.

I have asked Sam on Youtube, Vic and you. I hope someone will answer that question with clarity.

I believe it is just XLSH now but I'm not 100%.

I don't believe it pertains to the phosphor color because that's usually in the numerical designation (F9800/9815 GP and F9400/9415 WP).

ETA: I don't know if that's a change since Harris became Elbit or what the deal is (XLS to XLSH).

I believe it is just XLSH now but I'm not 100%.

I don't believe it pertains to the phosphor color because that's usually in the numerical designation (F9800/9815 GP and F9400/9415 WP).

ETA: I don't know if that's a change since Harris became Elbit or what the deal is (XLS to XLSH).
Well hopefully one of the experts like Vic or Augee will provide a clear answer on that.

It would be nice to know exactly what you would be purchasing. Sams Video did not explain what a XLS designation is and that is exactly what TNVC has these "Special Priced" units designated as.

I do not think it is asking too much for the seller to clearly answer that question.

@WhereNow&How There is no difference between "XLS" and "XLSH."

XLSH is Elbit Systems of America-Night Vision (ESA-NV)'s part number for this tube, however all of their tube part numbers end in an "H," XLSH, SLH, and YH.

The "XLS" line is just Night Goggles' marketing/product line term for systems being built with ESA XLSH-series tubes:

1593802462960.png

The choice was made because... well, frankly, if you say it out loud "XLS" rolls off the tongue better than "XLSH" (that hard "ayCHh" at the end really kills the vibe, hahaha) and since all the tube types end in "H" anyways, it really doesn't add any information to the description of the product.

That being said, just like "NGI/PVS-14" is an internal product designation, so is "XLS." The tube is still an F9415 (or F9400) XLSH-1 (technically the -1 is also in the P/N) when we order them and receive them from ESA. They do not "become" an XLS System until we build them into an NGI branded device.

The minimum specs are posted on all the web listings for the products as well--and if you already have an XLSH tube with a factory data sheet, you'll see that the published minimum specs come directly from there, along with the spot specs, which again, are listed.

Also, something to keep in mind, while we generally prefer not to discuss "typicals" because there's a certain contract spec--yes, most of the tubes exceed those minimum specs, and many by a very wide margin. However, in the interests of full transparency and disclosure, we're not going to dissemble about what the potential minimums could be (and anyways, they'll be plain for all to see when they get their factory data records with their units).

However, remember that each of those minimums should be viewed in isolation--minimum tube specs don't necessarily mean that you're likely to ever get a tube with every spec at the minimum, yes, it's theoretically possible, however it's statistically unlikely--those minimum specs are individual tolerances for each spec, and any one of them could be the reason for failing MIL-SPECs, or the specs (some microscopic or virtually unnoticeable, like an 11769/9415 with a slightly out of tolerance center image shift, which is not a big deal on a PVS-14, only if you're trying to collimate a binocular device with a pair of these tubes--all of the Night Goggles binocular systems are collimated according to MIL-SPEC tolerances) that disqualify them from MIL-SPECs might not even be among the ones listed on the spec sheet.

~Augee

XLSH is Elbit Systems of America-Night Vision (ESA-NV)'s part number for this tube, however all of their tube part numbers end in an "H," XLSH, SLH, and YH.

The "XLS" line is just Night Goggles' marketing/product line term for systems being built with ESA XLSH-series tubes:

View attachment 7365703

The choice was made because... well, frankly, if you say it out loud "XLS" rolls off the tongue better than "XLSH" (that hard "ayCHh" at the end really kills the vibe, hahaha) and since all the tube types end in "H" anyways, it really doesn't add any information to the description of the product.

That being said, just like "NGI/PVS-14" is an internal product designation, so is "XLS." The tube is still an F9415 (or F9400) XLSH-1 (technically the -1 is also in the P/N) when we order them and receive them from ESA. They do not "become" an XLS System until we build them into an NGI branded device.

The minimum specs are posted on all the web listings for the products as well--and if you already have an XLSH tube with a factory data sheet, you'll see that the published minimum specs come directly from there, along with the spot specs, which again, are listed.

Also, something to keep in mind, while we generally prefer not to discuss "typicals" because there's a certain contract spec--yes, most of the tubes exceed those minimum specs, and many by a very wide margin. However, in the interests of full transparency and disclosure, we're not going to dissemble about what the potential minimums could be (and anyways, they'll be plain for all to see when they get their factory data records with their units).

However, remember that each of those minimums should be viewed in isolation--minimum tube specs don't necessarily mean that you're likely to ever get a tube with every spec at the minimum, yes, it's theoretically possible, however it's statistically unlikely--those minimum specs are individual tolerances for each spec, and any one of them could be the reason for failing MIL-SPECs, or the specs (some microscopic or virtually unnoticeable, like an 11769/9415 with a slightly out of tolerance center image shift, which is not a big deal on a PVS-14, only if you're trying to collimate a binocular device with a pair of these tubes--all of the Night Goggles binocular systems are collimated according to MIL-SPEC tolerances) that disqualify them from MIL-SPECs might not even be among the ones listed on the spec sheet.

~Augee
Thanks for clearing that up Augee. Much appreciated.

Well hopefully one of the experts like Vic or Augee will provide a clear answer on that.

It would be nice to know exactly what you would be purchasing. Sams Video did not explain what a XLS designation is and that is exactly what TNVC has these "Special Priced" units designated as.

I do not think it is asking too much for the seller to clearly answer that question.

I'm 99.99% they are the XLSH's and that's most likely why he did the video to break down the minimum specs.

To save people having to jump off the forum to watch the video. The minimums from the whiteboard in his video:

Photocathode: 1350 min
EBI: 2.5
Gain: 40-80k
Halo: 1.25
Res lp/mm: 64
SNR: 21
Spots: Up to 6 with 1 in zone 1

Based on the minimums, the tubes don't look that great, but there have been several guys post their XLSH specs on ARF with some crazy high numbers nearing 3000 FOM with low EBI, etc. It seems that the average specs are pretty decent and like most tubes IMO it's unlikely you'd get a tube that has all of the specs at these minimums. But anything is possible.

ETA: slow typing got me again lol

I'm 99.99% they are the XLSH's and that's most likely why he did the video to break down the minimum specs.

To save people having to jump off the forum to watch the video. The minimums from the whiteboard in his video:

Photocathode: 1350 min
EBI: 2.5
Gain: 40-80k
Halo: 1.25
Res lp/mm: 64
SNR: 21
Spots: Up to 6 with 1 in zone 1

Based on the minimums, the tubes don't look that great, but there have been several guys post their XLSH specs on ARF with some crazy high numbers nearing 3000 FOM with low EBI, etc. It seems that the average specs are pretty decent and like most tubes IMO it's unlikely you'd get a tube that has all of the specs at these minimums. But anything is possible.

ETA: slow typing got me again lol
Yeah, I bought a used unit here on the Hide that is a WP XLSH from NVD. The tube is pretty darn clean and specs pretty decent. I ran it as a single and also slapped that puppy up on a Mod Light Weight paired with a Green NVD 14 with similar specs. Man that is cool. With the WP over my dominate right eye, the whole bino scene is White. Change it over to my left eye and put the Green on my right and my bino scene is Green.

So I got great depth perception and can run my Bino as a Green or White phosphor scenery depending on my particular mood that night.

Another advantage to Bridging PVS 14's over a dedicated Bino system: ability to change color. :LOL:

Redneck Engineering and mindset is an amazing thing. :LOL:

Thank you for the Q/A.

Same boat here, With same question. Explaining in 6 months why I need to spend a bunch more money on more NV is a hard sell, but I got this awesome deal during a sale...

Sorry OP for highjacking your post.....but seriously this works?!!! I have a WP and GP and have not tried it but thought about it LOL.....but did not want to experiment with having to acquire a bridge mount.....but if it works now my redneck mind is thinking that may not be such a bad investment. Plus I can use it this fall to bridge my yet to be released and purchased N-vision thermal monocular alongside the WP 14😁

Sorry OP for highjacking your post.....but seriously this works?!!! I have a WP and GP and have not tried it but thought about it LOL.....but did not want to experiment with having to acquire a bridge mount.....but if it works now my redneck mind is thinking that may not be such a bad investment. Plus I can use it this fall to bridge my yet to be released and purchased N-vision thermal monocular alongside the WP 14😁
Yeah, it really surprised me how well it works for me. Amazing.

I guess many people would not be in a position to try it out. If you have a dedicated bino, its either green or white.

It also taught me the power the dominate eye has with the brain.

Reactions: Jec375 and BamaSE
To bump this post again- I have two questions/ or requests-

Help me spend my wife’s $. - Buy a high spec PVS14 VS sale DTNVG with lower spec tubes.

I am a newbie to NV, I really never sell anything....so if you were to buy a first time laser device... do I overpay and just buy a mawl or a dbal2... I am going to tick off spouse, easier to rip the bandaid off once.

I have read a lot of posts figure 200 meter max range starting point. Where is a good place to start, to get decent shit that worse case scenario I keep for a long time. Thank you all, Happy Independence Day

View attachment 7365703

~Augee
Augee, the information on TNVC's website appears to be incorrect.

It states:

"The very lowest performance figures of these XLSH tubes approximate U.S. OMNI V performance, often considered to be the first of the modern “high performance” night vision, while the highest spec’ed units rival the best modern “super-tubes.” "

"Tube Specs*:
Tube: Elbit Systems F9415XLSH (3rd Generation)
Color: P45 White Phosphor
Gate: Auto-Gated
FOM: NO MAX
SNR: Min. 21 (NO MAX)
Resolution: Min. 64 lp/mm (NO MAX)
Photocathode Sensitivity (Luminous u A/W): Min. 1350 (NO MAX)
Halo: Max 1.25 (NO MIN)
EBI: Max. 2.5 (NO MIN) "

As you should know, the minimum Photocathode Sensitivity on OMNI V was Min 1800. Omni III was the one that had minimum Photocathode Sensitivity of 1,350.

So the minimum Photocathode Sensitivity on these "Special Priced" units is 33% lower than the minimum Photocathode Sensitivity on the Omni V units. That is not approximating Omni V minimum performance in my judgement.

Just wanted to point that out so its clear what these tubes minimums really represent.

Last edited:
To bump this post again- I have two questions/ or requests-

Help me spend my wife’s $. - Buy a high spec PVS14 VS sale DTNVG with lower spec tubes.

I am a newbie to NV, I really never sell anything....so if you were to buy a first time laser device... do I overpay and just buy a mawl or a dbal2... I am going to tick off spouse, easier to rip the bandaid off once.

I have read a lot of posts figure 200 meter max range starting point. Where is a good place to start, to get decent shit that worse case scenario I keep for a long time. Thank you all, Happy Independence Day
Everyone is different but the majority of guys (including myself) would rather have a lower/average spec bino than a higher spec monocular. With these Night Goggles/TNVC offerings with Elbit XLSH WP tube’s, you’ll more than likely get “good” tubes but it’s possible to get “great” tubes.

What stands out about these offerings, is that previously to get lower cost WP you typically had to buy gen 2 Photonis Echo, whereas now you can get gen 3 for even less $$. Echos are good tubes but they are dimmer than gen 3.

As for the laser, it really depends on your needs & budget. Many users recommend the MAWL but for recreational use or hunting, the DBAL D2 is more than 1/2 less in price and has one of the most capable illuminator outputs that isn’t a restricted laser. The trade off is it’s bigger and heavier.

Augee, the information on TNVC's website appears to be incorrect.

It states:

"The very lowest performance figures of these XLSH tubes approximate U.S. OMNI V performance, often considered to be the first of the modern “high performance” night vision, while the highest spec’ed units rival the best modern “super-tubes.” "

"Tube Specs*:
Tube: Elbit Systems F9415XLSH (3rd Generation)
Color: P45 White Phosphor
Gate: Auto-Gated
FOM: NO MAX
SNR: Min. 21 (NO MAX)
Resolution: Min. 64 lp/mm (NO MAX)
Photocathode Sensitivity (Luminous u A/W): Min. 1350 (NO MAX)
Halo: Max 1.25 (NO MIN)
EBI: Max. 2.5 (NO MIN) "

As you should know, the minimum Photocathode Sensitivity on OMNI V was Min 1800. Omni III was the one that had minimum Photocathode Sensitivity of 1,350.

So the minimum Photocathode Sensitivity on these "Special Priced" units is 33% lower than the minimum Photocathode Sensitivity on the Omni V units. That is not approximating Omni V minimum performance in my judgement.

Just wanted to point that out so its clear what these tubes minimums really represent.

You can debate what “approximate” means if you want, I suppose and make that argument, I suppose.

The OMNI III lp/mm and SNR specs were 51 and 19 respectively, below the minimum allowable for these tubes.

The XLSH tubes have a minimum spec of 64 and 21, i.e., the same as OMNI IV and V.

The Halo spec of 1.25 is also consistent with OMNI IV-V performance versus 1.47 for OMNI III.

Gain is a wash, 40,000-70,000 since OMNI II, upped to 50,000-80,000 for OMNI VI. These Elbit XLSH tubes are 40,000-80,000. You could say close to OMNI II if you wanted, but you could also say approaching OMNI VI performance since the number of tubes that will fall off in the gap between 40,000-50,000 is probably made up by the number of tubes falling between 70,000-80,000.

The most important factor, however, in stating that these XLSH tubes approximate, never said they were exact, OMNI V performance at minimums, is the fact that thin-filmed, auto-gated technology, advancements that the Army thought were significant enough to consider (though they ultimately decided against it) using the “Gen. 4” terminology.

These two advances—thin-film and auto-gating were introduced in the OMNI V era and standardized in OMNI VII. ALL the Elbit XLSH tubes utilize this advanced technology, hence the statement that these tubes are similar to the first tubes to be considered “modern high performance.”

So, yes, there is one minimum spec (PR) that more closely matches OMNI III than it does OMNI V, however, the majority of the tube specs are in line with OMNI V and they are all thin-filmed auto-gated tubes which only existed after OMNI V, hence the statement that the minimum specs approximate OMNI V.

You can disagree with the use of the term “approximate” if you’d like, but out of five specs (PR, LP, SNR, Halo, Gain) that can be directly compared, one is identical from OMNI III-V and the XLSH tubes (at least potentially) exceeds it, one it matches OMNI III, and for three it matches OMNI IV-V, and finally, it utilizes technology not introduced until OMNI V.

And, of course, as I know you know, we’re only discussing the lowest theoretical minimum specs here for these tubes—which, as I’ve said, we’re publishing exactly as we are given by ESA, since it is theoretically possible, but as with anything else, tube quality will fall across a distribution curve, with the vast majority of tubes far exceeding any minimums. However I realize that this is cold comfort if you’re the one who gets a tube on the lower end of the spectrum, hence why these systems are priced at the best we could possibly price them appropriate to the lowest sliver of the performance range, full well knowing that the vast majority are going to easily exceed those minimums. At the end of the day, we don’t pay any more for XLSH tubes on the high end of the spectrum compared to the low end, so why should our customers?

That being said, I have not really seen tubes with PRs that low in the last few batches of XLSH tubes we’ve received that I can remember. Admittedly, I’ve seen close to the low (or high) ends of all the other specs, though it’s usually only one spec per tube that’s on the low end, not “stacked”—my personal suspicion is that this is likely because most tubes with low PRs usually get shunted over to export tube contracts—one thing I would point out: these XLSH tubes are not export tubes, neither TNVC nor NGI uses export tubes in units, unless they are for export. I cannot say that for all vendors, as I have seen many a spec sheet that clearly show export tubes being used (if you know how to read manufacturer’s P/Ns).

And again, not a thing I used to think would need to be said, but TNVC and NGI will only use the correct tubes for a given system, not export tubes, not 11769 tubes with docked/pulled EGACs instead of 10160-format tubes.

Ultimately, as I’ve said before—these Night Googles units are not for all customers and they are not replacing anything in the TNVC product line—they were introduced as a new product to the Night Goggles line to give customers for whom good U.S. Gen. 3 WP night vision or binocular night vision goggles might have been otherwise out of reach, a potentially entry into the market backed by a known quantity of quality parts and assembly and full warranty.

Happy Independence Day weekend to all!

~Augee

Reactions: Cloudrider
You can debate what “approximate” means if you want, I suppose and make that argument, I suppose.
~Augee

I am not debating nor making an argument. I am stating solid plain to see fact that is easy to see and to calculate.

Photocathode Response is a critical element for a intensifier tube to perform in a dark environment.

It can be argued that PC response and EBI are likely the two most important factors when selecting a good performing tube, but that's for another day.

It is a fact that these tube specs can result in a 33% lower PC response than Omni V minimums and the resulting loss of performance associated with that.

Truth in advertising is important. Yes, some may get lucky with Pot Luck, but some can end up with some very low performing units with blems in zone 1.

Hopefully any buyers will get lucky but just wanted the uninformed to realize that these units could well under perform Omni 5 minimum specifications.

No amount of Wordsmithing can negate what I have clearly shown and pointed out.

You do you.

I think the technological architecture of the tube is pretty important too, but we both listed minimum specs and gave a subjective assessment that was fairly clearly offered as such.

You don’t want it, don’t buy it, no one is forcing you to. You want to pay more for someone else to sort fallout tubes for you, there is more than one vendor who will.

Many more people who have never had night vision before are very soon going to have Gen. 3 WP systems with very respectable performance. That was the point of the this product line and this sale.

Also, 1800 may be 33% more than 1350, but 1350 is 25% less than 1800. Precision in language is important.

~Augee

Also, 1800 may be 33% more than 1350, but 1350 is 25% less than 1800. Precision in language is important.
~Augee
Yeah, I am just an old Redneck. So let me get this correct in Redneck speak.

The June 1998 Omni V minimum PC Response specifications are 33% MO BETTA than the minimum PC response of these "special priced" units. :LOL:

Last edited:
I’m not super active here so for those who don’t know I’m not a TNVC loyalist. I’m an equal opportunity buyer and in fact I’ve never bought a singdevice from TNVC. I posted this on ARF so will put it here since I started this thread.

These are the same Elbit WP tubes that virtually all of the sellers on social media are selling and is how they are able to sell at those lower prices. They’ll cherry pick the higher spec ones and post those but other times just make generic WP sales posts without listing the minimums.

I see this offering as the best solution for someone who wants decent WP (and gen 3 at that) on a budget. Also for someone who was budgeted for a WP monocular but can justify stretching their budget this amount in order to get binos.

If you have the budget for L3 filmless WP or hand selected thin film WP binos, I wouldn’t choose these instead unless it’s purely for the $$ savings.

In TNVC’s defense they’re dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. In this particular case, I’ve seen guys knock spending the higher TNVC bucks and say these lower priced XLSH tubes (mainly sold on social media) are good enough for most users. In fact, entire posts dedicated to explaining why lower specs are not a big factor. TNVC starts selling them since there’s clearly a market and now they’ll get knocked for selling lower spec tubes. They are clearly explaining what these tubes are and who they are intended for.

@WhereNow&How
These clearly aren’t the greatest thing since sliced bread and you have to give TNVC their due for listing ALL of the minimum specs. That can’t be said for other dealers who are selling these tubes. I’ve seen some list no specs and others just the resolution and signal to noise ratio.

From what I’ve seen on social media, it seems the majority of buyers who’ve bought these have been very happy with them.

@WhereNow&How
These clearly aren’t the greatest thing since sliced bread and you have to give TNVC their due for listing ALL of the minimum specs. That can’t be said for other dealers who are selling these tubes. I’ve seen some list no specs and others just the resolution and signal to noise ratio.

From what I’ve seen on social media, it seems the majority of buyers who’ve bought these have been very happy with them.
The only thing I was trying to point out is that when you dig deep into what TNVC stated, they are not even guaranteed Omni V minimum performance levels like was alluded to. (Let me restate that: "Like was skillfully wordcrafted to appear as approximating Omni V performance levels") There are a lot of new buyers who don't have a clue what to look for and I just want to make sure they clearly understand what they could get.

Additionally, Sam tried to make a big deal out of others upcharging (not near as much as he stated) for better spec'd XLSH tubes and that TNVC does not.
Well the whole point of an upcharge is to high grade out some tubes such that you know for sure you are getting some of the higher performing tubes.

Me personally, I would rather pay a few hundred more upcharge for some graded out higher spec'd tubes that I know will perform well and do not have blems and other undesirable specs. Pot Luck is not the way to buy tubes IMHO.

But hey, millions of people buy the Lotto ticket every week, hoping they will be the one that hits the jackpot for a few bucks. Most don't.

When you go to a car dealership, they have them spec'd out. Some have 4 cyl, 6 cyl and 8 cyl, some are basic, some are luxury. You pay according to specifically what you want. Night Vision and Thermal is really no different.

So are those 1350 PC tubes worth the same as a 2100 PC tube considering all else is the same. Obviously not. So clearly there will be some losers and maybe some winners. Those XLSH units could easily be graded out into 3 grades and priced accordingly but that is getting off track of what I was simply trying to demonstrate in my earlier posts.

It's all good as long as you understand what you are dealing with.

Last edited:
The only thing I was trying to point out is that when you dig deep into what TNVC stated, they are not even guaranteed Omni V minimum performance levels like was alluded to. (Let me restate that: "Like was skillfully wordcrafted to appear as approximating Omni V performance levels") There are a lot of new buyers who don't have a clue what to look for and I just want to make sure they clearly understand what they could get.

Additionally, Sam tried to make a big deal out of others upcharging (not near as much as he stated) for better spec'd XLSH tubes and that TNVC does not.
Well the whole point of an upcharge is to high grade out some tubes such that you know for sure you are getting some of the higher performing tubes.

Me personally, I would rather pay a few hundred more upcharge for some graded out higher spec'd tubes that I know will perform well and do not have blems and other undesirable specs. Pot Luck is not the way to buy tubes IMHO.

But hey, millions of people buy the Lotto ticket every week, hoping they will be the one that hits the jackpot for a few bucks. Most don't.

When you go to a car dealership, they have them spec'd out. Some have 4 cyl, 6 cyl and 8 cyl, some are basic, some are luxury. You pay according to specifically what you want. Night Vision and Thermal is really no different.

So are those 1350 PC tubes worth the same as a 2100 PC tube considering all else is the same. Obviously not. So clearly there will be some losers and maybe some winners. Those XLSH units could easily be graded out into 3 grades and priced accordingly but that is getting off track of what I was simply trying to demonstrate in my earlier posts.

It's all good as long as you understand what you are dealing with.

I agree. People just need to know what these are and this post and the other in ARF I think cover it.
Well, you know we’ll find out soon how good they are when people start getting them.

Yeah, I bought a used unit here on the Hide that is a WP XLSH from NVD. The tube is pretty darn clean and specs pretty decent. I ran it as a single and also slapped that puppy up on a Mod Light Weight paired with a Green NVD 14 with similar specs. Man that is cool. With the WP over my dominate right eye, the whole bino scene is White. Change it over to my left eye and put the Green on my right and my bino scene is Green.

So I got great depth perception and can run my Bino as a Green or White phosphor scenery depending on my particular mood that night.

Another advantage to Bridging PVS 14's over a dedicated Bino system: ability to change color. :LOL:

Redneck Engineering and mindset is an amazing thing. :LOL:

Never knew NVD sold XLSH tube units?

Never knew NVD sold XLSH tube units?
Well I bought it 2nd hand, but I know for a fact that the tube came from NVD. Housing elsewhere. It is a very clean tube cosmetically, FOM 1945 and all other specs are pretty decent. Good performer. Will roll with a good spec Omni VII unit all night long. And it was a very low priced unit for its performance.

NVD usually has very clean cosmetic tubes compared to many others. I guess they high grade that out during their purchasing arrangements. That's just my speculation but their tubes are much cleaner than average.

However, I am not overly impressed with the WP over Green. I may change my mind after more time under WP. It does do better in high light environments as far as seeing clearer, but I spend most of my time in dark environments.

Reactions: Victor-TNVC
Well I bought it 2nd hand, but I know for a fact that the tube came from NVD. Housing elsewhere. It is a very clean tube cosmetically, FOM 1945 and all other specs are pretty decent. Good performer. Will roll with a good spec Omni VII unit all night long. And it was a very low priced unit for its performance.

NVD usually has very clean cosmetic tubes compared to many others. I guess they high grade that out during their purchasing arrangements. That's just my speculation but their tubes are much cleaner than average.

However, I am not overly impressed with the WP over Green. I may change my mind after more time under WP. It does do better in high light environments as far as seeing clearer, but I spend most of my time in dark environments.
Yea the white vs. green is always subjective at times. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Sold- My first DTNVG unit on order, will review after I get them. I appreciate the availability of a budget item from a vendor that I feel I trust. I have called a couple of times, got a lot of good info, wasn’t steered to buy anything, that in itself is awesome. Takes the I hope I get something that actually works out of the decision. TY

Sold- My first DTNVG unit on order, will review after I get them. I appreciate the availability of a budget item from a vendor that I feel I trust. I have called a couple of times, got a lot of good info, wasn’t steered to buy anything, that in itself is awesome. Takes the I hope I get something that actually works out of the decision. TY
Thank you for the kind words and trust in our gear. Thank you for the business as well!

A good Buddy of mine just ordered two tubes from ya'ii and is planning on running the KAC Universal Bridge. Hopefully, you'll take good care of him!!

Vic, on a separate subject...have you beat up Surefire lately on the Tan XVL2 shipping estimate?

A good Buddy of mine just ordered two tubes from ya'ii and is planning on running the KAC Universal Bridge. Hopefully, you'll take good care of him!!

Vic, on a separate subject...have you beat up Surefire lately on the Tan XVL2 shipping estimate?
No but I need to ask SF again. Thanks for the reminder and thank your buddy for his business. We really appreciate it.

Just ordered a set with the ActInBlack housing and Wilcox G24 mount.

Fingers crossed for good spec tubes. :)

Not gonna lie, the wait is gonna drive me insane I just know it.

Just ordered a set with the ActInBlack housing and Wilcox G24 mount.

Fingers crossed for good spec tubes. :)

Not gonna lie, the wait is gonna drive me insane I just know it.

Thank you for the order, you will enjoy the DTNVG with these tubes, especially for the price!

Also for the large amount of folks ordering, a dealers web site and some social media are doing there best to talk falsehoods on these systems and tubes.
- YES, they are ALL autogated
- No they are NOT bottom of the barrel
- No they do NOT have "tons of blems"
- YES these still have a 10 year tube and life time system warranty
- And finally, YES they are all built in-house from us and not drop shipped from another dealer. We would never trust thousands of dollars of your hard-earned money having someone else build your kit, and then never have eyes on at all? No sir/no mam, not on our watch!

Plus if ya don't like it, you all have 14 days to return the system for a FULL refund NO QUESTIONS ASKED! Well as long as you don't throw it in a load of laundry and return it then! o_O

• Love
Reactions: Eliteuas