• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Creedmore .308 Match Ammo

houndog

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2005
Not really sure if this is the right place to post, but can't find anything devoted to ammo and I suppose reloading is pretty close. In my continuing search for affordable and available .308 match ammo, found some from Creedmore Ammo. It uses a 167gr. Lapua bullet and supposedly it's precision/match ammo. I've heard of Lapua, but never Creedmore Ammo (as opposed to 6.5CM caliber). If it's close to Hornady, Prime or FGMM it might be worth spending $125 to buy 2 50 round boxes. But I don't want to throw my money away if its cr*p.

Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with this ammo and if so what results have you been getting out of your precision bolt action rigs.

Lapua bullets, Lapua brass, if its re-branded Lapua ammunition? My experience is Lapua ammo consistently groups better than Federal GMM. Give them a shout and ask.

It may not totally carry over, but their 223 offerings for NRA Service Rifle are considered very good, and Creedmoor's 30.06 Match ammo has a good reputation with guys shooting the vintage sniper matches at 600yds.

Not really sure if this is the right place to post, but can't find anything devoted to ammo and I suppose reloading is pretty close. In my continuing search for affordable and available .308 match ammo, found some from Creedmore Ammo. It uses a 167gr. Lapua bullet and supposedly it's precision/match ammo. I've heard of Lapua, but never Creedmore Ammo (as opposed to 6.5CM caliber). If it's close to Hornady, Prime or FGMM it might be worth spending $125 to buy 2 50 round boxes. But I don't want to throw my money away if its cr*p.

Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with this ammo and if so what results have you been getting out of your precision bolt action rigs.
Nothing Creedmoor Sports ever does or sell is crap. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Their shooting coats are the gold standard in position rifle shooting sports that allow them, like smallbore and highpower rifle. Their shooting mats are also world class quality long before people ever heard of Crosstac.

The 6.5 Creedmoor got its name from Creedmoor Sports, as its long time general manager (Dennis DeMille) was who went to Hornady to drive the development of a factory loaded cartridge that was superbly accurate, relatively long lived, and mild recoiling for NRA Highpower and NRA Long Range competition.

The Creedmoor sports 308/155 scenar ammo shot pretty well in my new 308 today. Less than 1” groups easy as I was just sighting it in and starting barrel break in.