• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crescent Customs 260 Rem and ARP painted stuff

Sprayed99

WJK 4-9-18
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2012
    DFW TX
    I just got my Moon built 260 back from ARP for the final finishing touches. I will be working up loads and posting a range report by the end of the week. I got all the parts together and called Moon and told him the tight time frame I was on. I had to have this rifle built fast before my cousin got back from his 3rd tour in Africa. From the day I shipped to the day I got it back from Moon it was under 6 weeks. I was extremely impressed and very thankful he got it done fast. I had it in my hands less than 24hrs and it was off to ARP for the paint.

Specs

Manners T2 MC with ARPA-TAC Woodland finish
    Remington Milspec 5R short action
    Bartlein 5R sendero contour finished at 25.5" Armor Black
    Badger Thruster Brake
    PCR bolt knob
    Timney 517 trigger dialed in to 1.5Lbs
    Warne 20MOA base
    Seekins Rings
    6-24 SFP PST MOA
    Harris 6-9 swivel

I sure hope my cousin is able to take out something big this hunting season. He has never shot anything like this so I hope he enjoys it for his short time home.

Thanks to all that helped me with questions and parts

Moon and ARP... you guys kick ass!!!!!

DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

I also decided to rob a broken shotgun out of my dads safe that he loves. It had a broken machine screw... well that turned into haveing ARP refinish the barrel and receiver. I also have the wood refinished by a local furniture company. I gave it to him tonight and he was pissed that I stole it but very very happy that it works now HAHA. Barrel is Graphite Black and the Receiver is Burnt Bronze.

DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

While I was at it I also had ARP finish out the slide on my M&P. Color is Burnt Bronze.

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

Re: Crescent Customs 260 Rem and ARP painted stuff

I've been waiting for these Moon-built rifles to start hitting the scene ever since I heard he went out on his own. Moon is an awesome builder, as shown above.

Was a ton of fun getting to do all of these for ya. Look forward to someday doing some more.

Very nice builds. Would liked to have seen the look on your Dads face.
    laugh.gif

Regards, Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolt fluter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice builds. Would liked to have seen the look on your Dads face.
    laugh.gif

Regards, Paul </div></div>

When I told him he said in a loud angry voice " what the hell are you doing in my safe?" Then I handed him the shotgun he said in a surprised voice.. " HOLY SHIT thank you I can't believe you did this". It was a nice feeling.