• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crescent Customs builds another tackdriver

Graham

Generalissimo
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2007
Michigan
A 10lb 7Rem Mag
Titanium action 9.7oz
EH-1 lightweight stock 2lbs
Bartlein 9.5-8.9 gain twist @ 25"

180VLDs (.735BC) at 3100fps

100m:
ejujemap.jpg

u2uja8eq.jpg

300m
9e4yqaru.jpg

zequ3a8e.jpg

Last edited:
Jesus....that thing is a hammer! Moon builds some serious rifles......hell of a nice guy too.

So much for the theory that belted magnums give up accuracy.

Headspace them at the shoulder and there's no loss of accuracy. Cheap and plentiful decent quality brass, too.

WOW. Dare I ask what the recoil is like (without the can) on a 7Mag that's that light?

Congrats on a wicked accurate rifle - 180's moving along at 3100 is nothing to sneeze at! Medium palma contour?

Crescent Customs builds another tackdriver

Barrel is a custom contour, closest to a #11. Heavy enough for the heat of competition strings but not too heavy to carry all day.

.338BA Thunderbeast can with .338 brake. With that brake recoil is actually less without the can than with it.

Either way, recoil is a bit less than that of a .308 with no brake. I could shoot it all day... but then I would have to re-barrel it.

Moon builds some awesome rifles. Actually all my rifles now were built by Moon from either Crescent Customs or when he was with GAP. I totally trust his abilities.

Another happy customer here! Moon is my go-to gun plumber. Good looking set up Graham!