• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cricket Precision Rifle - any tried one?

I'm interested in one of these as well. Want to grab one for my daughter and do a pink camo job on the stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that little stock, but I cannot recommend the cricket action after having bought one (regular pink Crickett) for my daughter, then buying another because it's difficult to use.

She did 4H shooting, as a 6 year old if I remember correctly. Pulling back the cricket action to cock it takes a lot of strength. I bought a savage single shot, at she was able to just open the bolt, place a round on the little ramp, then close the bolt; Much much easier for little ones.

We ended up going with a Savage Rascal for our son (which he has since outgrown). It operates exactly like an adult-sized bolt action rifle, just more scaled down. The cricket just felt "clunky" when we looked at them.

Now... to find a chassis stock for a Rascal and you'd be in business!

Looks fancy but I'd go with the CZ 455 scout. At basically the same price the CZ is a far superior shooting machine. As attactive as the features and styling of the cricket are, this is first and foremost about being a good shooting gun to learn on.

Bought for my daughter this past Christmas. Threw a can on it and she loves it.
E91EAB08-6740-4425-83D3-6B1CA64B1B02.jpeg

My son and I were in a new gun store near Cabela’s in KC and saw one of these. Looks like a AI and even has a brake. Pretty neat.

Attachments

• B91873A6-24D7-4762-907C-5542E1EEB7D8.jpeg
    B91873A6-24D7-4762-907C-5542E1EEB7D8.jpeg
    422.1 KB · Views: 90
might as well pick up the 722 PT while picking up the cricket...i was VERY smitten with it at the Keystone outdoor show...

There has been one at my local tractor supply that I would really like to get for my son, but he's so small his Rascal is still little too big.