• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Crimson Trace IR lasergrips

I have one in my Beretta 92/96
works great , never had problem with it but
im not sure why we don't see lots of those around

Probably just didn't sell very well. I own 14 CR lasers 5 or 6 of them are IR railmasters (glad I bought them while I had the chance) all work well.

Not selling well for this reason, and probably pulled for the same: an IR laser when activated unintentionally is considered an UD (unintentional discharge). It's no different than firing at your enemy if they have NODs. If you don't have NODs, they are useless. They just never really had a use. An answer to a question that was never asked. For a reason.

In my unit, you'd get a Article 15 just for firing your PEQ in training prematurely.

Compound this with the fact CT grips fire the moment you grab the grip.

My wife uses one on her 649 snub, it's red though, and she uses for belly shot and point shooting at very close range --she's aware not to depend on it, but she also has very little time to practice and doesn't have the background I do.

For an IR laser, I lobbied for years to get the X400 IR laser/light (shameful, I still haven't bought a few). Those are good for small rifles and great for pistols that NEED that kind of stuff. More control over discharge of the light/laser assy, though you will need a special holster. FWIW, a few kydex makers will make custom holsters for anything.

I get that you want total control over your laser on a rifle. A pistol is a little different. If it's coming out of the holster, you probably intend to be shooting it ASAP. Same principle behind the DG switch on Surefire pistol lights. That was a military request, not a civilian idea.

I'm not surprised they're gone though. I doubt they were getting contracts of any significance, and I doubt worthwhile numbers of civilians were buying them. But I'd be willing it had nothing to do with joe snuffy getting an Ar.15 for unholstering his M9.

I have CT grip ir-laser on my standard M1911 commander and if those are no longer available, I will be up the creek if it breaks! And I wanted to get a second one for a planned M1911 commander that would usually have a kimber .22LR conversion on it ... so hmmmm ... it has been on there for 3 years and still works fine ... I had to replace the batteries once ...

Checked with CT ... here was response ...
==
"Dear Joe Wilkerson,
Thank you for your inquiry. Correct, we have discontinued and no longer stock IR products. At this time we have no plans to bring them back into production.If we can be of further assistance, please call our customer service team at (800) 442-2406 between 7am and 4:30pm, Pacific Time Zone, Monday through Friday.

Regards,
Nicole Ricker"

==

Do I have to give up my M1911 to ensure ir-laser on the pistol? Or try to get by with red laser (plenty visible with pvs-14) ...