• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crisco all vegetable shortening for lubing

canuck4570

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2008
Ile Bizard near Montreal
Yes you may laugh,
I have done some case expanding
30-06 to 35 caliber
size thousands of shell
just apply like imperial wax, apply a bit on finger and rub your case or put it on a few strip of cloth if you have many to do and tumble them in your tumbler
never get dent in case even if you put to much
easy to remove
and I have some imperial wax and it was easier with crisco in both lubing for regular seizing and neck expending from 30 to 35 caliber
you will be amaze how easy thy go in the seizing die.....

Re: Crisco all vegetable shortening for lubing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting... </div></div>
did you mean like this guy
the guys in there 50s will remember the rowin and martin show
he used to say
"very interesting but stupid"

wolfgang.jpg

Better wipe it off when you are done though...if you have ever seen Crisco after sitting out for a week.

Just be sure not to get the Crisco with salt in it. That will eventually contaminate and rust your dies. I understand from "The River", the Randy Shilts book about the advent of AIDS in America, that the "bath-houses" in San Francisco used to keep cans of Crisco in the rooms for reducing friction there also.

Don't start with the Wesson jokes now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just be sure not to get the Crisco with salt in it. That will eventually contaminate and rust your dies. I understand from "The River", the Randy Shilts book about the advent of AIDS in America, that the "bath-houses" in San Francisco used to keep cans of Crisco in the rooms for reducing friction there also. </div></div>

So Crisco causes AIDS and can rust your dies?

1+ on the lube link. Lanolin and castor oil 10% each plus 80% alcohol (use denatured or water free isopropyl) are the best yet. (And...Crisco clogs your arteries...and in San Fran clogs other tubes too.)

The Redding imperial die wax works so well and costs so little, there is not much room for improvement.

abe_simpson.gif

But you could mix lard, white lead, and liniment.

i use this stuff in a little plastic tub, i swear it smells like mink oil. my mom used to put that on her ball gloves and her boots. id worry about crisco going rancid possibly. but hey, grease it up, just wipe it off when you pull it out so you dont get the other holes dirty

Axe: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my mom...ball gloves... boots...grease it up... don't dirty other holes...</div></div>

I think you're on the wrong forum