• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Critique me: OAF thread

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
Rhino's thread got me thinking, maybe we all need a little break and take a moment to critique each other's setups. I mean, like Rhino, there could be huge holes in my kit that would prevent me from operating at optimum operational performance.

So here we go... I will stick my neck out first and maybe others will follow up with their own setups.

OAF - Rooftop Redneck edition.
After finding about a dozen new woodchuck holes in my fields, I decided it was time to kit up, climb up on the barn roof and wait for the fat punks to stick their heads out of their dens. This is my kit, maybe you can help me get it set up properly so that I can have a successful whistlepig hunt.

Etd49cP.jpg

bAoscZ8.jpg

My kit: ( its going to be long, since the more detail I add, the more operator cred I get, right?)

* Boonie hat Propper, ATACS-FG- ok, I am rarely without it so this is legit.

* Shemagh - +5 operator points, keeps deer flies out of my face, and lets face it after a paramedic rotation of living off of taco bell and gas station pizza... Its highly likely I will be needing something to help with the clean up in isle 10.

* California combat hoodie - Ok, so I don't have the coin saved up for a condor plate carrier and level IV ceramics, but this is the next best thing that I have with lots of pockets to store extra mags. Plus its more comfortable than big rubber masturbating shoes.

* Standard issue farm boy white T-shit, no stains.... need more operator points here, but the wife won't let me leave the house with a stained shirt.

* Propper digi cam pants - Super sneaky kit, those woodchucks will never see me. I would like to snag some Rothco as they have a government asset tag inside and must the real deal, but my wanna-be army navy closed up so I have to operate with what I can get.

* boxers - worn out, a few holes, and possible stains of regret and taco bell.

* 5.11 web belt and condor drop leg holster - High drag, low speed... must have gear for quick transitions between my bolt gun and glock 26 for CQB if I close in on a wounded chuck.

* Some boots from amazon - These have been with me for 7 months, they haven't held up. I will need to change these out before operating in rice fields.

Hard gear:

* Winchester M70 6BR with leupold mk 4, USO folding rail level, USGI sling, Pmag, Triad Tactical stock pack and 3 extra rounds seated exactly the same as the others for you know... the same kind of shots as all the other ones.

* Glock 26 with extended 10 round glock 17 mag. Operating with useless extra long plastic is how I roll. :cool: I need more glock mags, I believe the proper operating ration is 3 pistol to 1 rifle.

* Extra mags for extended operations, stored in the shoulder pockets of the hoodie.

* knives... 2 is 1, then 4 is enough. Actually I had a fifth one in my pocket that I forgot to add.

So there you have it, my kit for today's woddchuck hunt. Hopefully in the next few months I can add a plate carrier to the setup with a radio pouch, comms to call the wife for snacks, and maybe even a combat belt to hold an IFAK in case I get a splinter climbing the ladder.

Just a heads up....I think you are being stalked by counter sniper chickens.

All the cool kids have RDS and comps on their pistols. And you got cargo pants but no cargo! Where's your beef jerky, RipIts, and Skoal?

I'm not so sure you're setup is complete enough for executing proper backyard ops. Ask German, he knows.

Keep the opinel, drop the other knives. Then replace the boonie with a beret and you can do French resistance theme

All BS aside, that is a really nice stock on that rifle.

BTW, no water? What if your injured? You can't just walk it off without water. ..

Well hello there.

From my initial assessment, your holster is 3 times larger than your gun and you definetly need more knives.

Underwear became optional somewhere around 2007.

A drop leg holster. Proof of an operator operating operationally of course.