• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Crossbreed Holsters

cookietheswede

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Southgate, KY
Any one have a SuperTuck or a MiniTuck? Thinking of buying one but they look pretty big. How is the fit and comfort? Any wear on your pistol?

Re: Crossbreed Holsters

Thought the same.
I got my mini and wore it all day working in the yard, now I don't even know it's there.
It is one of those things that you have to give a chance to like but once you do it's great.
No noticeable wear on my PM9.
I ordered the kydex j hooks as they are much less noticeable IMHO.

bought a supertuck for my g32 from a memeber here. It's the best iwb holster I've tried. With an under shirt and a polo style shirt, my g32 disappears. It is ugly and big, but the large sprawled out shape and size is what makes it's work. I've carried my glock more in the past few weeks, than I have since I bought it several years ago.

Ive owned several, they are worth twice what they cost.

They are big but that helps distribute the weight.

They are great!!

They are big & ugly, but also extremely comfortable, extremely concealable, and do not move AT ALL. Only drawback (minor and may not be a drawback at all for you) is it takes a bit more time/effort to get on and off. If I am going to be carrying all day I wear the Crossbreed. Most days for work though, I have to wear a smaller IWB holster that I can take off and put on quickly and easily for going into sites where it's a no-no.

I carry a Springfield XD 45 5" Tactical all day every day in a supertuck. I really like it. I got the horsehide since it's so hot here and I'm sweating all the time outside.

+1 on what every one else has said. I use a supertuck with 1911's and they are very comfortable. I went with the horsehide.

Like any other IWB, you will have to fit your clothes around it. With the Supertuck, it may (probably) require that you increase your pants to the next waist size.

Its a well designed and ugly holster.

I sold pickpick my Glock Supertuck.....I use a Supertuck for my 1911 almost every day. They are ugly but very comfortable....horsehide for me. It is tougher initially but much more moisture resistant. It does ride better with a solid duty belt....I use Crossbreed's but any good duty belt will work.

pickpick...yours is horsehide.

I have two supertucks. Best iwb holster I've tried. The only one I can wear without a t-shirt between the holster and my skin. It's that comfortable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry a Springfield XD 45 5" Tactical all day every day in a supertuck. I really like it. I got the horsehide since it's so hot here and I'm sweating all the time outside. </div></div>

OK that is impressive to say in the least.

I had one for my Sig P229 before I sold it. Very comfortable holster, just that the gun was too thick for me to CC. I am thinking about going 1911 for my CC gun and in all likely hood, another Crossbreed holster.

I have a supertuck and love it for all day carry. I have a full size M&P 40, the only issue I had was the holster kept hitting the mag release so my clip was never seated right so I had to remove some of the leather to use it.

Having worn a Comp Tac CTAC and Ghurka IWB for many years, I can see that the Super Tuck is built for comfort and function (even though it looks awkward). Comp Tac added leather, which is smaller than the Crossbreed's, to the back of a kydex holster to make the MTAC Minotaur.

I almost tried it, but then I found Raven Concealment's Phantom and the Milt Spark's 55BN. Both are OWB and I'll never look back after wearing these holsters. Too bad the Spark's takes about 6 months and the RC takes a couple since the Magpul guys made them very popular.

I would try the Supertuck in a heartbeat if I were going back to IWB carry. It also seems to be very reasonably priced.

I am kinda of a big guy around the waist
It is the best one I have found yet for fit and ease to use

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sold pickpick my Glock Supertuck.....I use a Supertuck for my 1911 almost every day. They are ugly but very comfortable....horsehide for me. It is tougher initially but much more moisture resistant. It does ride better with a solid duty belt....I use Crossbreed's but any good duty belt will work.

pickpick...yours is horsehide. </div></div>

Thanks for letting me know. I'm still loving it. Now I have the itch to buy some for my other handguns.

I have a Minituck(horse) for my Kahr PM45 and love it. Very comfortable. It rubs the top of my leg a bit when it is at 3 o'clock and I'm seated. I just moved it to 3:30 and no problem.

Been using one for a little over a year for my G19, super comfortable even when driving for long periods.

I have one for my officers 1911 and LOVE IT. Will never buy another IWB holster ever again.

Good luck,
Merritt
SGT USMC vet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are big & ugly, but also extremely comfortable, extremely concealable, and do not move AT ALL. Only drawback (minor and may not be a drawback at all for you) is it takes a bit more time/effort to get on and off. If I am going to be carrying all day I wear the Crossbreed. Most days for work though, I have to wear a smaller IWB holster that I can take off and put on quickly and easily for going into sites where it's a no-no. </div></div>

With the J hooks I put the holster on and then my belt, that way I don't have to fight belt to get it where I want it. When I put my belt on it locks it in snug.
I have the black leather cowhide and couldn't be happier.
Give it a chance and you will not be dissapointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cookie the Swede</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Horsehide or Cowhide? </div></div>

Have the Horsehide Supertuck. Fantastic for my Glock.

Got me a horsehide SuperTuck coming for my Sig 229. Thanks for all the posts. Sounds like I will not be disappointed.

I have both a minituck and a supertuck, for any pistol larger than a pocket pistol, would recommend supertuck instead. The holsters look big and most people think a smaller holster equates more comfort, but for supertuck it is just the opposite. The large leather backing helps to spread to weight of the gun against you, and makes it more comfortable. I've carried PM9, Sig p239, Glock 26, Glock 17, and Sig p226 in them without problems.

After wearing my new SuperTuck for a week I am in love. Spreads the weight of my 229 out and is very comfortable. Also broke in quick.

Thanks for the help!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cookie the Swede</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any one have a SuperTuck or a MiniTuck? Thinking of buying one but they look pretty big. How is the fit and comfort? Any wear on your pistol?
</div></div>

im running a crossbreed super tuck carrying a full size 1911 everyday, absolutely love it, you wont be disappointed.

I have two supertucks that I use to carry springfield 1911' full size and a 642 smith and wesson 38 snubnose. They are big but they distribute the weight properly. You will not be disappointed. They are very comfortable.

I have two super tucks. One for an M&P .40 and the other for a J frame. They are ugly, but very comfortable. I wear one of the two 7 days a week.

I have a super tuck for G36. Amazing company to deal with. I hooked one of clips (freak accident and my fault) and bent it all up. Called up crossbreed expecting to give my credit card number. 2 days later the replacement hardware showed up. No charge- No questions asked.