• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Crux Archangel 375

Maliclipse

Król
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2017
Argyle, TX
Anyone here ever suppress a 375 Cheytac?

I'm looking at the Crux Archangel and am curious if anyone has any experience with them or the company.

Thanks much in advance,
M

Hi,

Short answer(s):
Yes and Yes.

Long(er) answer:
The Archangel is a very nice suppressor for the 375CT. The company makes a great product but seems they can be slow in communication at times, not constant..more of random. BUT if you ever had a problem they are within driving distance for you :)

Sincerely,
Theis

I've heard. Hopefully 2019 will be a new year for them. I placed the order with them and they told me about 6-8 weeks. I'm still waiting on parts for my CT build so the timeline doesn't bother me. Appreciate the feedback, i can't find too much data on suppressed CTs. It was between Crux and Elite Iron.

I use the elite iron over a DT brake on my .375ct. I am very pleased with it and it didn't effect accuracy at all.
IMG_20190112_134720937_HDR.jpg

I know Dale at Elite and can vouch for his products. His cans tend to be the heavy side, but the quality is supreme and built to last, and quiet! He’s an avid shooter, competes with military in precision matches and knows his shit. I own many of his suppressors and customer service is excellent...Kathy (his wife) is quick to respond to inquiries as well.

Reactions: TBACRAY
I would like to comment on my horrible service from Curtis & Crux Suppressors. Back in November of 2018 I purchased (2) cans through Brennan at crux for their “new guy” sale. His service over the phone was normal, however nothing was said about shipping dates. When I FINALLY got ahold of them in late December Brennan stated that they would complete the form 3 transfer in early to mid January. I FINALLY got ahold of Brennan again the 15th of February after emails had been sent with all my contact info(that they already have) and requested to have Curtis contact me to simply give me a ship date...........no call, email, or messenger pigeon. I told Brennan over the phone that I was going to comment on any thread I can find after 48 hrs if Curtis doesn’t reach out to me for an update. Annnnnnd nothing from the owner. Well way to go Curtis, your customer service is garbage- but you already know this. You have my money yet you don’t offer refunds on purchases, but I have no items to show for my purchase. Word of mouth can make or break you. Next time I’ll be sure to go with a reputable company.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Did you use a credit card? Might be able to dispute it with them (yah it’s been three months but worth a shot)

I use the elite iron over a DT brake on my .375ct. I am very pleased with it and it didn't effect accuracy at all.
View attachment 7021588

That's slick. I got mine in .50BMG and Elite never made a can to go over that brake, they said they won't make one unless they can guarantee it's bomb-proof and so far... Nothing.
IMG_0863.JPG

But Elite Iron is who I called when I did need a can for my .50 HTI and they are recommended by the mfg. and always have been. They index the can TDC to the rifle so POI change will be vertical and repeatable. They make the brakes for Harris as a matter of fact, and I had a Harris style brake cut and indexed so I don't need shims to install it. I can change the direct thread can and brake in the field with nothing but a wrench.

Elite Iron also has good prices, they do that by using 316SS, which is more than suitable for use in a can. The owner is a metallurgist and nobody is complaining about Elite cans falling apart. He keeps the prices down too.

Besides the .50BMG, I also got a .338LM w/Harris style 2" reflex brake mount. Probably what comes with the .375 model.

Unless you like just throwing cash away, I'd go with Elite here. These large bore weapons are loud even with a can, no point in paying extra for a few dB's you aren't gonna be able to discern anyway.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1badbarrel
As for CS at Elite Iron, never had to call Dale for much and they took good care of me from the get go. Haven't had any problems. But he's easy to get ahold of (if he's not in the shop) and doesn't avoid customers. He really knows his shit and doesn't put out products that he knows will have problems down the line (hence why there is no QD can for the .50BMG HTI).

Really good people, it's a family business and they simply can't afford to burn customers even if they wanted to. Think of them sort of as the "TBAC of 316SS".

Crux is another one of those shops that came out of the woodwork a few years ago when cans got really popular again. Elite has been quietly making cans for alphabet soup agencies and precision shooters all along. No gimmicks and their custom shit is just amazing. Elite will always be my goto company for large bore precision rifle cans.

I've cancelled my order with Crux. I don't want to deal with the hassle. I called up EI and signed up with them. I'm going to have to go direct thread on the EI can because their brake is one of those that slips over the barrel. The proof barrel can't be made to work with their braking system so I'll just have them make me a properly timed direct thread can for a 7/8-24 muzzle thread. Thankfully I found some thread on muzzle brakes that have a set screw because load development wouldn't be a lot of fun with no muzzle brake!

I've cancelled my order with Crux. I don't want to deal with the hassle. I called up EI and signed up with them. I'm going to have to go direct thread on the EI can because their brake is one of those that slips over the barrel. The proof barrel can't be made to work with their braking system so I'll just have them make me a properly timed direct thread can for a 7/8-24 muzzle thread. Thankfully I found some thread on muzzle brakes that have a set screw because load development wouldn't be a lot of fun with no muzzle brake!

so did you get a refund or did you get the line we have a 50% restocking fee.... I'm in the exact same boat.... WTF, sucks because the product if you get it is BA.

Good to hear - like most gun companies I want them to clean their shit up not go out of business.

And some companies are getting crapped on because they ran into whiney the bad customer - but some companies fuck it up all on their own.

Its possible that Crux/Archangel are in Zombieland - this is the term for a business that has enough orders to need a real customer service team, and not enough orders to afford a real customer service team.

The second main fault these machining heavy companies make is they don't have enough idle capacity to do rework/repair/etc. Either people or machinery. You NEED to be able to turn around customer service issues in about 2 weeks all told. If you can't you are fucked and then some.

The second main fault these machining heavy companies make is they don't have enough idle capacity to do rework/repair/etc. Either people or machinery. You NEED to be able to turn around customer service issues in about 2 weeks all told. If you can't you are fucked and then some.

This is the exact reason companies like SiCo and TBAC are so popular. Great products, outstanding CS. That business model never fails.

I actually had really good customer service from Crux when I needed it. I think it was end of 2017, needed to send an early Ark 30 back for some work. Called, talked to someone, told me to send it back to them, I think it was 6-7 weeks later through all the year end holidays and it showed back up all fixed up. I didn't need it in a hurry and I didn't call to pester them about it. It just got done.

Last I knew he was a small shop with small shop problems, hopefully they can turn it around for other people.

Well, an update on my November Crux order. Chris-their VP contacted me after posting on here and tried his best to reassure me that he would get my two cans transferred within three weeks, I said with shipping four weeks would be good...........Unfortunately that timeline has come and gone. No one over the last several days could pick up the phone or return a phone call. I will be canceling my order and I’m pissed about that. Wasted four + months

I love seeing the reviews of great products & customer service on previous posts. Word of mouth is worth gold.

I don’t have experience dealing with their customer service but I did order one from silencer shop last year and picked it up recently. I have not shot it yet, but it does seem pretty solid. If you go to silencer shop they do have a few different ones in stock

I bought an 375archangel for the hell of it. They have a nice mil discount and I’m overseas anyways so I can wait.

Reactions: Elkkhunter
I’m sorry to hear these bad things about Crux, I’ve had a Ark 30 for several years now and it’s been a great can. Im currently trying to decide which 6.5mm can to go with between Crux, Surefire and TBAC. I know everyone is going to say TBAC but finding a Ultra 7 6.5mm is tough.

I dropped Crux an email today about my muzzle brake cracking in half.

I anticipate a 16 month wait to get it fixed or get another. 3 months before they even email me.

They’re slow as fuck. I had to call them several times. They had my suppressor ready but didn’t have the muzzle brake. I’m like dude!! I have a year wait for the tax stamp. Send the damn suppressor.

Truth be told I was calling to cancel my order until he told me it was ready.

JB.IC - How long from your Order date until you got the CAN at your transfer dealers?

Ordered April 3rd and delivered June 12th. I called them multiple times to make that happen.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I too waited a long time for my 30cal ArchAngle when the business startup on the first runs.

I did order their 375CT first week of May, they said if it was not already made (in stock) it would be about a week.

5 weeks now and not a word from them.

They said, I would get the SN of the CAN the day I made the purchase, I assume to get the TAX stamp moving, but have not seen that either.

Just hoping they come through with it. Maybe I need to start calling.

Dang and I’m complaining lol.

I assumed also that their business was in a runt and customer service couldn’t keep up

Thanks for the info. Yes, I too waited a long time for my 30cal ArchAngle when the business startup on the first runs.

I did order their 375CT first week of May, they said if it was not already made (in stock) it would be about a week.

5 weeks now and not a word from them.

They said, I would get the SN of the CAN the day I made the purchase, I assume to get the TAX stamp moving, but have not seen that either.

Just hoping they come through with it. Maybe I need to start calling.

Call them. They might be waiting on the brake to be completed. Your suppressor is probably done like mine was.

I did email them and was told they had their ATF inventory got corrupt and was sent back without being approved, but have that fixed now and waiting for the ATF approval to arrive soon. I did get the SN for my 375 CAN. I'll let you know how it plays out, but so far they have responded to the couple of emails I have sent them in a timely manner.

Update 6/24/19: - I placed order on 5/8/19, they said they had a small issue with ATF paperwork to iron out which caused a delay. I got an email and UPS tracking of 375 CAN to my dealer 6/24/19. So right at 6 weeks, a Reasonable Time. I had no issues with email contacting them several times, always a reply with in 24 hours. So far they have been good to go.

Update 6/28/19 - CAN is safely waiting at transfer dealer for paperwork.

Last edited: